What's Good About Life...

It depends on how you are feeling at this exact moment in life.
Some people would say nothing.
Some people would say everything.
Some possible answers are below:
Having such a deep relationship with your girlfriend, that you think that sex would almost ruin the relationship.
Kisses.
Cute puppies.
Music.
Being able to recognize what your place in the world is, and then doing it.
Doing your own thing.
Being free from the drugs. (Not like I'd know...sigh.)
Having people that care about you so much so, that they'd die for you.
Finally, after 18 years of not expressing yourself, releasing the barrier of fear that you have and finally letting go. (I wish I could do this myself...)

Originally posted by xxxFRIARxxx:

Finally, after 18 years of not expressing yourself, releasing the barrier of fear that you have and finally letting go. (I wish I could do this myself...)

Great thought. Life is good if you just let go and be who you are.
Wear what you want to wear, eat what you want to eat, say what you want to say, live life how you want to live!

SO many things make life just the best...
Playing with a little kitten and being entranced by its cuteness...
cuddles and snuggles on a cold, cold night.
waking up next to a face that is so beautiful and enchanting you just have to kiss it.
getting home from a club to find that you've left an electric blanket on and premade a hot chocolate so all you have to do is heat it.
making the biggest mistake of your life and being sooo embarrassed and no one teasing you.
Being called by someone just to see how you are..
finding a spider that is about to make its web and watching the fantastic patterns it makes.
Lemonade and ice cream on a hot day! YUM!
walking past the milkbar and saying "i wanna lolly!!!" then going in and buying yourself one and walking out with a big grin on your face.
People who sing to themselves so other people can't help but smile.
LOADS of other stuff but they just tickle my fancy

Yeah great thread, well I think nature is so beautiful, because of its siplicity. I remember sometimes I on my way home from school, I just used to lie on my back and stare into the sky and the clouds, and sometimes it would bring a tear to my eye because the worlds beauty. Hehe I dont want to sound like that dude on american beauty who thinks a plastic bag is beautiful, dont get me wrong thats great. But there is just something about the clouds, that clears my mind, that I just find so amazing, and I love even more sharing it with a loved one. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside now, :p

watching a metior shower intersect with a thunderstorm, while lying in the middle of nowhere in the Australian bush, and yet being warm, safe(ish) and dry.
knowing that this sort of electrified beauty can exist for one person, in one place, at one time.

^^^ Now that sounds staggeringly beautiful...
Good thread guys, it brings some much needed positive material to the dark side :)

People who will be there for you when you are in trouble. And people who will have your back even if you'vej ust been in an argument with them.

Love of course is the best thing, finding that person you could not live with out rocks. Also the things that help you forget about your problems are the best things in life like movies, raves, clubs and stuff like that. Peace

The taste of champagne on your tongue while smooth music plays and your girl shows you how talented she is with her lips, as her finger explores your netherregions, causing you to explode for her, which she eagerly gulps down. Paradise.

really nothing is good about life, if there is no love in it. Waking up with the one I love's arms around me in the a.m. is good, the way he wipes my tears when I cry, as if not to dry them off but to help them travel along my cheek bone as they head down to my chin . Nothing besides that could be better, to have him near is priceless, I cry now at the thought of losing him, my love. The way we hold each other is as if we were in an eternal euphoric high...but yet we're sober. Nothing in life is better.....

music
friendly souls
connections
beauty of nature
color
state of being
smiling faces

I would have to say Falling in love is the BEST thing i have ever experienced.
It is the only thing that is better than E because it is real, but it more often than not also has its "comedown" and that is just as bad.
I wish i could just keep falling and never hit the bottom. *sigh*

i love this thread!
couldn't help but smile
having some one you care about tell you they miss you and can't wait to see you
warm summer rain
laughing as loud as you can and until your stomach hurts with your best freinds in the world, at nothing, without drugs or alcohol!
suprise cutsie emails
getting flowers out of nowhere
finding a song that expresses precisely what you are feeling or want to say
going out on a limb, taking a risk, and having everything work out fabulously
a full tank of gas
pay day
when a cute boy turns his head as i walk by...and we lock eyes, but just keep walking...
having your ex come crawling back... ;)
having some one baby you a little bit
life is good
~
me

Unfortunately at the moment ABSOLUTELY nothing.
perhaps the hope that mabey the next antidepressant I try will actualy help.
sorry for the downer but thats were I'm at at the moment

That's what it's like sometimes. Just shit. I started this post to help people remember what's good about life. It's okay to be where your at, but maybe reading through these replies can help in some small way. Hope things pick up for you soon.
Andrew

Waking with the sound of birds at first light.
Driving out into that new day, down a road I've never traveled, with my camera on the passenger seat.
A superb all night DJ set.
:)

These are a few of the Good Ones for me:
*re-connecting with an old friend you had a falling out with, and realizing you still care for them a lot!
*making it through the "bad days", because you know tomorrow has to be better.
*eating something you love, that contains more fat than you'd eat in a week, and feeling no searing pang of guilt.
*when someone tells you that you look beautiful (and really means it) when you thought you lookd like hell.
*realizing this is a moment you'll never ever forget.

* The second after the doctor tells you that you DON'T have HIV.
-plaz out-

Nothing, absoultely nothing. Distinguishing between external drugs we inject snort or shoot and the internal ones that are produced when we have sex fall in love etc.. really isn't valid.
One day we will have drugs you can take which will make your consistantly feel like you are experiencing the euphoria of love, the beauty of the sun rise, empathy and confidence. One day we will learn how to make all the unnecessery pain go away.
Also this thread seems incredibly unhelpfull. If the poster or readers of this thread had wonderfull girlfriends, enjoyed sunsets and puppies they wouldn't be asking the question in the first place. In short this thread seems to merely taunt unhappy people with the happiness of others.
One thing I have found out is that trying too hard to be happy is a pretty surefire way to guarantee that you are not. Relax and don't cling so tightly to your ambitions and then when you fail you are not so unhappy. Of course your mileage may differ and I recomend psychiatric drugs (not just because of their greater long term safety profile but because their means of acquisition tends to discourage heavy abuse).

I think that when a lot of people see little kids playing around in the park or wherever, and they're smiling and saying how adorable and energetic the kids are, what they are thinking about is themselves. They are in a way jealous of these kids who have little fear and all the wonder in the world. We wish we could be so carefree like the kids, and be honest with each other as kids can even be brutally honest. Kids usually don't know much about loss and we see eyes full of ignorance that radiates bliss between blinks.
very well said.
my most favorite thing in the whole world is being naked...