• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

What's Good About Life...

^related to what Psy-Dancer said- but a bit off topic...
I think that when a lot of people see little kids playing around in the park or wherever, and they're smiling and saying how adorable and energetic the kids are, what they are thinking about is themselves. They are in a way jealous of these kids who have little fear and all the wonder in the world. We wish we could be so carefree like the kids, and be honest with each other as kids can even be brutally honest. Kids usually don't know much about loss and we see eyes full of ignorance that radiates bliss between blinks.
But an after-thought is- nah, if we were like these kids again, we wouldn't appreciate and would take for granted (as we did the first time around) the luxury of being completely protected and cared for without having any responsibilities or obligation to conform to "adult" social norms. As little kids we could run around in circles for no reason, fart, pick our nose and then show it to the closest kid, and could get away with it..."oh silly kids." Someone grown-up behaving this way would be considered repulsive and insane.
All this freedom for us, for little annoying ungrateful brats of kids that think money grows on trees and embarrass their parents by saying "vagina" out loud in a mall to show off the new word they learned from their friends. Wait, what was my point? Well, I'm sure there was one. Life is good. I just accepted a job offer in D.C.! and I recently took the GRE (test for graduate schools) and am very happy with my score (though not going to grad school because of my new job).
Peace...

The little things in life are the best! For example, when you walk down the street and someone smiles at you when you are having the worst day ever or when your boss commends you for something you thought you sucked at. When someone says i love you or that they miss you. Taking a bubble bath after a loooonnnnggg day and enjoying the company of someone you care about. These are just examples of some of the things that i love in life. Sometimes you just gotta pay attention to see the really neat things that you can't see if you just watch the big picture.
*hugs*

Monkeys and poop jokes, for some reason, both always make me laugh...
Oh, and masturbation... its gotten me through many lonely nights... heh...

If you are down about things music can always take you somewhere else.
3 recommendations:
Pink Floyd - Any Colour You Like (its good to listen to Us and Them before this, to get ready to have your world turned upside down)
Phish - David Bowie
Tiesto - Magik III Far From Earth - the whole fucking cd!!
Of course tastes do vary, but I think anyone who loves music can recognize the talent in these songs.
If you invite MARYJANE over to listen to this with you, it is even better :)

I dissagree with most of you. Life sucks before drugs and is only slightly tolerable with drugs. As the saying goes: "I used to get high on life until I realized life was cut with morons."

I wrote this when i was depressed to help me get therw my depression..And It sort of helped. Its about great things in life!
I wake up with a smile upon my face
This world,the beauty,so much too love
I gaze off as i think of all the beautiful things on earth.
Childhood games,such as ring-a-round-a-rosie
climbing trees
rolling down hills
The beauty of nature like,
When the wind whispers therw the branches of a weeping willow, The smell of honey suckles on a warm day, The smell of rain on a beautiful sunday morning, Or finding a four leaf clover
The feelings you get when you happen to glance up at a the sky and you see a shooting star, or when you see a rainbow.
Its wonderful when you make a wish on the first star you see at night and when a stranger smiles at you.
The sound of laughter is always wonderful
These feelings,these things, can take you any where. Dont ever give up on life, even if your feeling down. Time heals everything and this world can be too beautiful too give up on
I hope by me sharing this, It can help someone like it helped me!
:::heather:::

Love
I've been going through a rough time lately. There have been times I have felt all alone. But, I have been amazed at how people have materialized, come to my side to help me through. People I thought I had only a mild connection with have been there for me as I cried. It makes me realize that we often take for granted how much we are loved.

^^^^ its true :)
It is love that gets me through. Being loved by my wonderful fiancee and our great friends. Through tought times and all......that is what hold me together.

You wanna know what's good about life? EVERYTHING! I think that everything that happens in my life, good or bad, happens for a reason. There are sooooo many beautiful things out there that make life wonderful! SO MANY THINGS! And the things out there that are tough to handle and feel like it shouldn't be happening is just a learning experience. You only live one life, so live it good! There are way too many good things out there to waste if you are not happy. Today is another day that I cherish because I am alive to experience it! Yay for life!!

MUSIC MUSIC MUSIC MUSIC MUSIC!!!!!
The one thing that has saved my sanity (or maybe unsanity) for my 21 years of life... Been through the loss of my father 17 days before my 18th birthday, grandmother 2 months later, grandfather is in hospital now with a week to live from cancer... guess what has saved me from one big lash out on the world? MUSIC...
If nothing else when you are down lsiten to that one song that makes you smile again... EVERYONE has one... I dont care if it's as cheesey as you can find.. there is ALWAYS something worth living for, and that song should show you that.
beyond music, snow, a good black and white photo, a beautiful milkshake!, a good cartoon, a good cup of coffee or tea... want more? just ask!
whats my song you ask? really want to know?
Jamiroquai- Canned Heat.. the original mix.

here's my take
friends and family
drugs
pop-culture
fucking
shooting pool
+ pretty much anything that appeals to me in the moment.

i believe it really is LOVE that it worth living for.
Problem is lately it's hard to find real love. Not the kind where you hook up with a chick at a party... the kind of feeling where you had a girl that you'd want to wake up and see right away. I miss the feeling of having a girl I really loved.
Skim

Originally posted by Mman:
I dissagree with most of you. Life sucks before drugs and is only slightly tolerable with drugs. As the saying goes: "I used to get high on life until I realized life was cut with morons."
I love the quote...I've never heard it that way...It's gonna have to go in the big quote book...along with my other favorites "jackfuck" "it's like gypsies and shit" and "what's in your sack"
on to the topic of what is good about life...I would have to say meeting new people that you are automaticly as comfortable with as old friends...

1) Warm pancakes with alot of butter and syrup.
2) Music
3) Friends
4) Family
5) Realizing that you don't have to give a fuck all the time makes life so much better.
6) Walking on the beach alone at night.
7) Comedy
8) (eight) Rain that is not too hot or not too cold (I prefer to skateboard in it, but walking is fine)
9) Total Silence
10) Sharing a moment with someone and never talking about it. (Dunno if anyone will understand, but o well)
11) Making other people's lives better.
[ 30 March 2002: Message edited by: Jerprob ]

I think depression and all negative feelings are very important, they make the positive feelings that much better and help keep us sane.