• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

What RPGs are you guys playing?

I highly recommend trying out the Borderlands remaster for the next gen systems. (PS4 and XBONE)
I know its an older game and they just remade it but luckily for me, I had never played it on the older system.
This game completely took me away from everything else I was playing and ive been stuck on it ever since.
Plus the newly remastered version comes with all the DLC for free right on the discs.

^ wonder why they that didn't get a pc release =/ i got near 200 hours in borderlands 2 and pre-sequel combined, never played the first but any game with aiming i prefer to play on pc mouse/keyboard.

when skyrim first came out i played it almost ritually. i loved how wide open and vast the entire world was, and how endless the game seemed with all the side quests etc. Witcher 2 was a great game from what i remember, there were consequences to your choices i think, which ive always liked because the story is sort of based off of the choices you make. i could just be thinking of dragon age though, all the dragon age games are pretty fun. i hear the new dragon age: inquisition is supposed to be a fantastic game. i was curious about middle earth: shadow of mordor and if it is a fun game. i used to be a big runescape and WoW fan, though those are more mmorpgs

i was curious about middle earth: shadow of mordor and if it is a fun game. i used to be a big runescape and WoW fan, though those are more mmorpgs

get it get it get it get it get it get it get it

Shadows of Mordor was the only reason I bought a next-gen system when I did. Awesome game. Nothing special, but I love the shit out of that game. Towards the end it gets a bit monotonous but everything up until that point is fun.... as..... shit.

It really does play like an Assassin's Creed set in the LotR universe, though. I mean, there's so much more to it than that but it's hard to deny the similarities.

Witcher 3 hittin' next-gen within a month! I'm excited for that one.

fallout 3 and new vegas stoked for 4, far cry 1,2,3,4, jak and daxter, sly cooper
my all time favorite series will always be metal gear solid

Didn't realize they were making a new kingdom hearts, I still have to buy the first one for PS2 as well as some old N64 games like Zelda for a great night of nostalgia. I let someone borrow a few of my N64 games years ago in highschool... never gave it back.

Recently, the only RPG (I think it would be considered one?) is Diablo 3 ROS. It is totally lame to play alone though, i mainly only enjoy it when I'm joining random games for bounties. The game is really fun and the cutscenese between acts has amazing animation. Maybe equalling the same quality as Final Fantasy scenes.

well im replaying my old favourite games

Gothic 1, 2 and 3 (never played 3 before)

not widely known about and a bit of a cult classic this series, i would highly reccomend them though as they from yesteryear the graphics anrent brilliant

^nice. I was really close to beating it until I let my friend borrow my memory card and lost my saves. :(

^nice. I was really close to beating it until I let my friend borrow my memory card and lost my saves. :(

I wish consoles still had memory cards. :(

It'd be better than running out of hard drive space after 9 games....

Me too man. Bought a PS2 recently and got it set up the other day, was sorta fun to go in and see what was on the memory card and then format it and start over. Just started playing Breath of Fire 3, been nearly twenty years since I first played it and I think I got about 3/4s of the way in. Only played an hour but man it looks good for a game from 1997, I suppose sprites and pseudo-3D stuff doesn't age as badly, and the music is excellent and aw man I love this game <3

Me too man. Bought a PS2 recently and got it set up the other day, was sorta fun to go in and see what was on the memory card and then format it and start over. Just started playing Breath of Fire 3, been nearly twenty years since I first played it and I think I got about 3/4s of the way in. Only played an hour but man it looks good for a game from 1997, I suppose sprites and pseudo-3D stuff doesn't age as badly, and the music is excellent and aw man I love this game <3

Breath of Fire 3 so good.

Never played any of the other ones though.

Nah me either, bar maybe an hour or so of 4 but will get round to em soon no doubt :D