• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

What RPGs are you guys playing?

Path of Exile

Great game, FREE and the things that you can purchase are only astetics (no pay to win bullshit)

Its something like a 5 gig download and your good to go.

Path of Exile

Great game, FREE and the things that you can purchase are only astetics (no pay to win bullshit)

I completely forgot that i donated like $100 when they were developing this game. Time to go check out all of the rewards i got from that. I think I got a silver kiwi pet or something as one of the items.

Holy Shit! "Suikoden"!! I didn't think anyone else had known about this game. I remember playing the first one on Playstation. Very epic. Nostalgia kicking it now..

I'm playing Mass Effect 3. Have dedicated about 40 hours so far, 35 of them being consecutive. The world within the game is immensive, similar to Skyrim. Being an optimistic psychonaut myself, I particular enjoy the meticulously constructed and detailed outer space aspect, interacting with various species, and the game's direction with the manipulation of dark matter. There are many subliminal references to the malice of humanity within the game. The combat systems in the game can be diversified. Very addictive Action/RPG.

Holy Shit! "Suikoden"!! I didn't think anyone else had known about this game. I remember playing the first one on Playstation. Very epic. Nostalgia kicking it now..

I'm playing Mass Effect 3. Have dedicated about 40 hours so far, 35 of them being consecutive. The world within the game is immensive, similar to Skyrim. Being an optimistic psychonaut myself, I particular enjoy the meticulously constructed and detailed outer space aspect, interacting with various species, and the game's direction with the manipulation of dark matter. There are many subliminal references to the malice of humanity within the game. The combat systems in the game can be diversified. Very addictive Action/RPG.

Nah man, Suikoden had a huge fanbase. Its unfortunate that they decided to kill the franchise, I'd kill for a Suikoden game on my PS4!

I will have to check out Mass Effect - I never bothered because I didn't have a gaming machine but now I do so I'll be checking out a lot of games I've been missing out on and that one is on the list with Skyrim and D3.

Waiting on Final Fantasy XV.

Me too. Pre-ordered it and Kingdom Hearts on Amazon for the PS4 the other day.

persona 4 for ps2!! i might start ffxii again soon, its been a while since i've played it.

ive been thinking about this hard and long. top 5 rpgs on the PC evar imo.

5. Darkfall
4. WoW
3. Fallout 3
2. Star Wars: Kotor
1. TES:Oblivion

just where my head's at. I guess you could argue Fallout 3 and Oblivion are kind of the same game so honorable mention to Jade Empire

Last edited:
People at my house have been playing Tera Rising. I guess it is an MMPORG. I don't play it, but when I watch the graphics look really cool.

Last edited:
Path of Exile

Yes yes and yes. Played the shit out of this game during the latest 4 month league, running out of things to do now.

Also many yes on Dark Souls 2, although my experience has been a bit different considering I don't have Live.

People at my house have been playing Tera Rising. I guess it is an MMPORG. I don't play it, but when I watch the graphics look really cool.

I played it for a while and I agree it has amazing graphics and the combat system is nice too it's different than most mmorpgs. it reminds me of monster hunter
the game itself is like 50 gb iirc

OT: still playing skyrim, made a stealthy kajiit since my argonian is too O.P. even playing at legendary difficulty

any of you guys heard of Archeage?

looks pretty unique, probably wont buy it but just throwing it out there

ive been thinking about this hard and long. top 5 rpgs on the PC evar imo.

5. Darkfall
4. WoW
3. Fallout 3
2. Star Wars: Kotor
1. TES:Oblivion

just where my head's at. I guess you could argue Fallout 3 and Oblivion are kind of the same game so honorable mention to Jade Empire

For me the original Everquest was pretty fucking bad ass. The only game I have actually been addicted to lol.

any of you guys heard of Archeage?

looks pretty unique, probably wont buy it but just throwing it out there

Pretty sure it's f2p with micro transactions. I was really interested in it a few years ago before it was released but now that's it been released they have completely carebeared it up. It was originally supposed to be a hardcore territorial PVP game with item loss and other fun stuff that's been removed from most of the gaming world. I'll still check it out but i will cry a little every time i load it.

Pretty sure it's f2p with micro transactions. I was really interested in it a few years ago before it was released but now that's it been released they have completely carebeared it up. It was originally supposed to be a hardcore territorial PVP game with item loss and other fun stuff that's been removed from most of the gaming world. I'll still check it out but i will cry a little every time i load it.

That type of game would fail very fast on a p2w model as people would get pissed and stop playing.

I have a p2w game I play, Pocket Knights, but its balanced enough that people who have spent a ton of money don't have a ridiculous advantage (my buddy is the strongest on the server and he's dropped 100k since he started in December and I've dropped 2.5k and I'm 5th on the server plus I'm lazy - would probably be 3rd if I would use my items) over those that don't. A game that penalizes you for losing PVP but functions on p2w would not last long.

Thinking of starting up FF7 tomorrow morning and seeing if I can finish it before my gf gets home from holiday late night. I know that game inside out and I haven't played it in a while. Or I might be hyper-sad and impose some restrictions on myself, did a no materia run through of it a few years ago and JUST succeeded.

HOWEVER I mistyped FF7 as FF6 back there and now I wanna play that; I never finished it cos there came a certain part late in the game where I thought I'd fucked it up but hadn't. When I reloaded the save state, it was gimped :(

That type of game would fail very fast on a p2w model as people would get pissed and stop playing.

I have a p2w game I play, Pocket Knights, but its balanced enough that people who have spent a ton of money don't have a ridiculous advantage (my buddy is the strongest on the server and he's dropped 100k since he started in December and I've dropped 2.5k and I'm 5th on the server plus I'm lazy - would probably be 3rd if I would use my items) over those that don't. A game that penalizes you for losing PVP but functions on p2w would not last long.

Think so? I am not sure whether it would fail or do well. I guess we will see how the f2p model does with a hardcore game once SoE releases H1Z1. It’s looking like it will be a pretty hardcore zombie survival MMO with Item loss and permadeath. Although it’s not a traditional MMORPG I think it will be a good test for how hardcore games that punish death heavily will do with the f2p model. I’m interested in seeing what happens.

**edit**

I just realized you were talking about pay to win. My response was geared towards a free to play model that isn’t P2W, convenience and cosmetic items etc. Kind of how planetside 2 is setup.

Last edited: