• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

What RPGs are you guys playing?

Think so? I am not sure whether it would fail or do well. I guess we will see how the f2p model does with a hardcore game once SoE releases H1Z1. It’s looking like it will be a pretty hardcore zombie survival MMO with Item loss and permadeath. Although it’s not a traditional MMORPG I think it will be a good test for how hardcore games that punish death heavily will do with the f2p model. I’m interested in seeing what happens.

**edit**

I just realized you were talking about pay to win. My response was geared towards a free to play model that isn’t P2W, convenience and cosmetic items etc. Kind of how planetside 2 is setup.

I would have to see it. All f2p games eventually end up p2w.

He dropped 100k usd.?!

Yes he did. He's a VIP12 and I know he didn't max out his VIP points inbetween because of how fast he jumped. Just going from VIP11 to VIP12 costs 76k - the jump from VIP10 to VIP11 is another 76k and the jump from VIP9 to VIP10 is 8.5k

Assuming that he maxed out from VIP10 to VIP11, he still dropped over 100k because you can only max out 80% of a given level using free game items and he went from VIP11 to VIP12 in one day which happened to be the release day of VIP12 so he had no points going towards that level.

I would have to see it. All f2p games eventually end up p2w.

Yes he did. He's a VIP12 and I know he didn't max out his VIP points inbetween because of how fast he jumped. Just going from VIP11 to VIP12 costs 76k - the jump from VIP10 to VIP11 is another 76k and the jump from VIP9 to VIP10 is 8.5k

Assuming that he maxed out from VIP10 to VIP11, he still dropped over 100k because you can only max out 80% of a given level using free game items and he went from VIP11 to VIP12 in one day which happened to be the release day of VIP12 so he had no points going towards that level.

That's insane. What's the resale market like for that game? I remember sinking maybe $500 into one of my everquest characters back in the day but i was able to resell him for around 2k after gearing him up.

That's insane. What's the resale market like for that game? I remember sinking maybe $500 into one of my everquest characters back in the day but i was able to resell him for around 2k after gearing him up.

They ban your account if you get caught selling it. Its against their ToS and Apple's as well. It has already happened on our server twice that I'm aware of.

Since the game uses Facebook as its log in and can only have currency added via the Play Store or the App Store (or Amazon App Store), its not hard for them to find out there's a new user of a given account - and that's beyond the people reporting it. Since the game has a built in world and private messaging system, news travels fast when someone quits and/or sells.

People on this game aren't exactly smart... the other day they were having a chat on how to be a drug dealer, right down to laundering the money, right in the world chat without a care in the world......

They ban your account if you get caught selling it. Its against their ToS and Apple's as well. It has already happened on our server twice that I'm aware of.

Since the game uses Facebook as its log in and can only have currency added via the Play Store or the App Store (or Amazon App Store), its not hard for them to find out there's a new user of a given account - and that's beyond the people reporting it. Since the game has a built in world and private messaging system, news travels fast when someone quits and/or sells.

People on this game aren't exactly smart... the other day they were having a chat on how to be a drug dealer, right down to laundering the money, right in the world chat without a care in the world......

That's wild. If I had that amount of cash, I don't think I would be able to sink it into something that wasn't an investment of some sort. Unless I'm missing something, it doesn't seem like there is any way to recoup the money. If you spend 100k on a boat or something at least you can sell it for a decent amount down the road, if you happen to grow tired of it. 100k of pure expendable income for a video game, your friend must be a multimillionaire.

I fucking love video games but man, i really couldn't imagine just seeing that cash go poof.

That's wild. If I had that amount of cash, I don't think I would be able to sink it into something that wasn't an investment of some sort. Unless I'm missing something, it doesn't seem like there is any way to recoup the money. If you spend 100k on a boat or something at least you can sell it for a decent amount down the road, if you happen to grow tired of it. 100k of pure expendable income for a video game, your friend must be a multimillionaire.

I fucking love video games but man, i really couldn't imagine just seeing that cash go poof.

Yeah I'm in for around 2500 right now... It sounds nuts but its my entire entertainment budget. I started playing in December and I stopped smoking and drinking in October... I would be well past the 2500 mark right now doing those two things so it was worth it to me but yeah, 100k ... I just don't get it.

I can understand how this game suckers people out of their money though. Its a social game. There are leaderboards, guilds, chat rooms, etc. I made it into the top 10 on my server and I fight to keep my position at number 8. Of course, I got to 8 at a much lower expense than he did getting to 1st and everyone above me besides one has spent significantly more than me.

sounds like Entropia Universe

Its far simpler than that.

14684728741_d33631673c_c.jpg

I've been playing Neverwinter Dungeons & Dragons. It's a free game you can download on STEAM.
Pretty cool RPG, nothing new or fancy about it. Pretty user friendly. As you level up, you gain instructions on how to work things in the game.

i just discovered easily my favorite RPG of all time yesterday

been playin' it all day every day
holy shit is it so fucking fun, i can't wait to beat it and replay it, it has MAJOR re-play value
cause you know how is shining force or FF tactics if somebody dies you can bring them back to life one way or another
well this game you can't, i don't want to get too into it, but this game's battle scenes are genius, it's shining force x50

anyone that's a fan of final fantasy tactics or shining force is/will/does <3<3THIS GAME<3<3

it's for gameboy advance
and the title of the game is

NSFW:
FIRE EMBLEM

check it out now, funk soul brothas

lol you just now discovered that one?

I am not a fan of them because of the mechanics that you described but the storylines are pretty incredible.

really tempted to buy divinity original sin http://www.divinityoriginalsin.com/

its 40 bones right now and i'm like should i just c op some other joints on sale to hold me over till all the triple aaa fall releases, then cop divinity on sale down the road? good chance it will be an impulse buy sometime this month + it has co-op would love to run it with my homie.

We think we are making a game that should take on average 40 hours to finish. We also thought this of Divine Divinity, and certain people can finish that in 20 hours, while others spend more than 100 hours in one playthrough...

http://www.howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=17451

anyone else play it ? all reviews are positive.

and i can't wait to play dragon age inquisition =)

^ thanks for the recommendation on divinity: original sin, that one looks fantastic. Baldur's Gate 2 was one of the first RPGs I ever played, and I don't know that I've played one better, so when that game gets name dropped in reviews for divinity I'm sold already.

The Mass Effect series was my all time favorite RPG. A lot of people didn't like the ending of 3, but I guess I might be the only person who was actually okay to with how it ended.

Other recommendations
-The Witcher
-Elder Scrolls
-Dragon Age 1
-Star Wars The Old Repub
-Pokemon was also a big part of my life, I can't forget it.

Might be a little bioware biased..

Bit late but Divinity: Original Sin is definitely worth getting if you didn't grab it already JoeTheStoner. First RPG released in a while that I feel genuinely lives up in quality to the late 90s/early 2000s classic RPGs. Though I'd highly advise having a friend to play co-op with, they've nailed the unique co-op mechanism they used for the conversations and decision making and playing it single-player I've sort of felt like I'm missing out on a whole layer of extra depth I'd have if I was playing with a friend. Admittedly I started my save before they added different AI personality options to the second character (it was a choice of either: AI controls the second character and picks completely randomly at each conversation point, or you control the second character everywhere including conversations with the first character, which gets a little tricky to play right and gets you a little confused about your player personalities if you really want two unique interesting characters that don't always agree) so you can definitely get some extra fun even singleplayer now.

Bit late but Divinity: Original Sin is definitely worth getting if you didn't grab it already JoeTheStoner. First RPG released in a while that I feel genuinely lives up in quality to the late 90s/early 2000s classic RPGs. Though I'd highly advise having a friend to play co-op with

good looking out. will definitely cop when the price is right and will indeed play with a friend, most likely gift a copy to a friend that hooked me up awhile back.

dragon age inquistion in just about 23 hours... o yeaaaaaa

preloaded LETS GO. lol i love how the subreddit for the game top post is "PSA: Stay healthy and safe while playing marathon sessions!"

beauedwards1991 38 points 5 hours ago
If you need the toilet, go immediately. Everyone's had a "too lazy to pee" moment at some point. Nothing fun about shuffling there with gritted teeth.
Although the relief you get when you do go is one of the greatest feelings in life.

lol

Last edited: