• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What is the "darkest" psychedelic you've ever tried?

I also view LSD as a 'positive' psychedelic. It's completely different to tryptamines. It has tryptamine level of depth and psychedelia, but phenethylamine type mood lifting stimulation. It's my favorite full power psychedelic.

Phenethylamines are very personal, but are low on that stereotypical 'visual' psychedelia. LSD has that in spades, with an uplifting push lacking in others with that visual power such as tryptamines.

I want to know how to get involved with a psychedelic community close to me

man, I use to absolutely LOVE mushrooms but anymore lately, everytime I've taken them. I've had disturbing trips as well.. as far as LSD. have Never not once had a bad trip on it..but I dose super responsibly these days especially with Psychs.. nothing worse than being stuck in a bad trip for hours.

1200mics of LSD or more from zero to baseline as in, with no other drugs in my system, and you take that dose initially, is darker than any 2c' or tryptamine, perhaps outside of 15 dried grams of Pink Buffalo magic mushrooms during like the Winter solstice.
You never can tell exactly when you have peaked and when you have gotten any lower from that dose, even though the trip is noted to go up and down at various trajectories within their time frame.
Doses like that aren't for the fool hardy because it's really easy to get scared of shit which are just manifestations of the divine that can sometimes be relatively scary.

Yeah but that's a huge dose - anything could get dark at stonking doses or in a bad environment - I though the point is more about psychedelics that are dark in and of themselves, which for me is probably but perhap a qualified 2c-E,Salvia,mushrooms - all still good materials of course and good learned times to be had. TBH never had a bad time on salvia and it's all slightly personal - mushrooms really don't do it for me. And I'm surprised to see 2C-D here - best most positive PEA going for me apart from mescaline which I haven't had.
And yeah DOM is defo a contender

Degraded 4-AcO-DMT felt very dark. I don't know if it was completely psychological because I knew it was degraded, but I swear the trip took on a completely different character.

Like most have said, how a trip feels is completely dependent on set and setting, however;

Salvia: I have never considered the effects dark. Almost completely unpleasant, sure, but not dark
25i-NBOMe: This is the only substance that I have used which almost always feels dark. It has a sinister feel to it, especially at lower doses. Almost like there is a higher force watching you, judging you
25b-NBOMe: This one doesn't feel as sinister as 25i but does feel a little more dark and unforgiving. More than anything though it feels neutral along the lines of 2C-E, but a lot less spiritual and more often euphoric

5-MeO-AMT knew it wasnt lsd but was hoping for lsd trip. Took a very high dose didnt know there was something this powerful in the world. Full on auditory distortions couldnt comprehend speech and i could barely walk due to my vision and world being just a washing machine of colors and sounds and other worldly senses.

Most humbling experiennce of my life and most amazing. After i stopped fighting and let go it was the most earthshattering experience of my life. but ive never been so scared in my life lol.

It's obviously very dose-dependent then this thing about 5meoAMT being horrendous. I took it several times and found it to be speedy, uplifting, like a euphoric stimulant for a few hours, then like a moderate trip for a few more hours. Not my favouritest things ever, but a good giggle.

Coming at the original question from a different angle, perhaps what is really being asked is "What would be a good psychedelic for exploring 'dark' thoughts and images?". Framed that way I would say the work is all in the preparation - find some prompts and properly codify what it is you want to explore when you say 'dark'. Then choose a substance that you feel familiar with, and that gives a fair amount of lucidity so that you can 'steer' the experience into contemplation of the dark.
The last time I ate psilocybe mushrooms I went to see a live band playing very 'dark' music, with heavy heavy themes, knowing that I would happily immerse myself in that atmosphere and feel the power of it, grounded in myself and 'owning the darkness'. That is a powerful and cathartic experience.

4-AcO-DMT was pretty "dark" at higher doses. Everything literally seemed spooky, and I kept hearing the term "DMT Monster" over and over. Then I was listening to the radio and Obama's voice came on suddenly...really freaked me and my friend out!

4-HO-MET has colorful visuals, but the overall risk of me having a bad trip on it is really high. So it's dark in that sense. And LSD was the worst trip of my life. Very negative and cold.

yeah salvia is like dmt for insects.
you don't even know your tripping until you way too in it
I remember I smoked some and I thought to myself "this stuff isn't working" and my consciousness suddenly split into two
and it was like I grew a second head and it responded back to me "yeah I know what you mean"
the only other time a did salvia I did a 15x extract and I can only describe the experience like taking the red pill and going through the whole freakin matrix revelation. it was a very powerful mental image of humanity being systematicly enslaved by a machine and there was a overwhelming sense of hopelessness.

anyways. that is my only real experience of really dark trips. that and being harassed by a demon on new years eve but that had to do more with me obtaining acid from a methhead and dosing at their house.

Last edited:
Probably 2C-E as far as what I have taken, which is a lot. 2C-P was similar but also different, and more neutral. Mushrooms can of course be very dark (unlike DMT). I got a bit of darkness from DiPT similar to mushrooms, but overall that one is very sublime. The vast majority of psychedelics I have tried are either positive or neutral in character, for me anyway.

It sounds very sexy on the surface but the 18hr part kills it for me. If you ask me, the DOx family seems 'less rich' compared to the 2Cs. Like they have less 'soul' to them. They are more machine-like compared to the 'organic warmth' I've come to associate with the 2Cs.

Yes and no in my experience. I consider the DOXs to be more psychedelic than the 2C-Xs but they are also different, I would say I have felt more organic feelings on some of the 2C-Xs (like 2C-E than I have on any DOX, but some of the 2C-Xs are more "mechanical" than any DOX I have tried.

It's worth noting that my favorite substance is DOC.