What great band have you just discovered?

As for me , i would say wolf parade this newest ep is some really good stuff..

Just wait until you hear the LP, it's the same songs, but more polished. It's been getting quite a bit of play over here lately. They're like arcade fire, but more developed with a twist of the 80's

Also, i wanted to throw out another reccomendation. Hammock's Kenetic from last year is one of the finest mogwai inspired post-rock bands i've ever heard. More creative than their influences, they're expanding what it means to be in the genre.

akron/family

hell if i know what to say about them. they're bluegrassy with a touch of coldplay (especially vocally) and electronically infused.

Michael Franti & Spearhead ... saw them at All Good and Big Summer Classic. Franti is the man.... really download any of his shows and check them out its like jam-hip-hop-reggae-anti-war-rock.

I find the philosophy behind his music to be both enlightening and refreshing :)

Dankedank I don't know how you can think Franti is wicked gay ... clearly he is bisexual =D

I don't post here often, but two bands have grabbed me by the bits and pieces lately, and if you hold any stoke in my opinion at all, you'll at least try to like them.

Of montreal: playful pop with a distinct british acid-wave feel to it, (think manfried man, or syd barret) updated with electronic sensebility. They're from my hometown, and I'll be seeing them live for the first time in a day ot two.

Slint: heard this 80/90's post rock band from kentucky on my drive into town tonight on college radio. They're awesome, that is all.

i've discovered Pink Martini!

i think their stuff is absolutely adorable. sparkling with freshness and talent! they're so diverse too! Jazzy, latiny, classical, fun and sassy, dark and brooding. a little something different. i'm really enjoying their album
Hang On Little Tomato.

awww...

Cocteau Twins: after a recommendation from cc.. someone whom I can always trust musically
Ampop: Icelandic band.. deffinetly have a sharp, refined sound. I'm really digging this. :)
Amina: I saw them open for Sigur Ros (2x!) and I was super impressed with how refreshing their set became. I've been listening to their songs off and on all week.

churchbuilder. cool ass synthy disco indie pop.
love lost but not forgotten - wicked brutal grind screamo

my precious - dual fronted female hardcore...

draft dodger - punk rock/hardcore - straight outta muthafucken brisbane....

'The Fall' One of the best bands to ever come out of the UK.

"Galaxy 500" If you like "The Flaming Lips" you'll love this band.

"Negative Approach" I love old punk! and these guys are awsome.

spacemen 3.
wow, ive been listening to all the stuff that influenced them and all the stuff they influenced, its like all comming together man.

emperor x - most addictive music ive heard in a long time. its like this lo fi indietronica nerdpop stuff its fuckign awesome. i keep trying to listen to other stuff and end up just plying raytracer and right to rails over and over.

edit: download legally from: http://www.emperorx.net/

Last edited: