What great band have you just discovered?

the go! team - i usually avoid bands as gimicky as this one like the plauge, however thunder, lightning strike is a pretty damn good cd

edit: i just realized gt has been mentioned in this thread like 6 times already.

Last edited:
MUSE

For me its like i listen to the CD absolution till im almost sick of it, wait a week, listen to it again and its like im hearing it for the first time all over again.

I thought I posted them here, but did not see it anywhere.
For the last couple of months I have been listening a lot to:

The Legendary Pink Dots.

I had been planning for several years to try some of their music and just got around to it a couple of months ago.

They are one of my favorite bands now. The Golden Age and The Maria Dimension are probably my favorite albums, out of what I have heard.

Last edited:
They Fray, Aqualung, James Blunt, Underoath, Muse

...some of the new stuff Ive been listening to lately

12 rods - this is really neat. hard to describe, it reminds me a little of the dismemberment plan (e&i) but they are very different bands. it's sort of crazy synthy pop music though.

edit: AMG calls this "post new wave". does anyone know any other good post new wave bands? or any bands that sound like 12 rods? this stuff rules, i cant get enough of it.

Last edited:
Okkervil River - An emo friend of mine recommended this band to me. After listening to Black Sheep Boy I downloaded Down by the River of Golden Dreams. I wouldn't call them *great* but I'm digging it. :)

Sigur Rós for me, actually just discovered them after talking to an exchange student from Germany then realising the name was fammiliar decided to check them out again

The Black Keys

these guys are grimey man! rockin-blues. i love 'em and their from Akron Ohio. i'd love to see these cats live!