What great band have you just discovered?

looked up grimes that bobbed hair cut look is cute, her music is like enya on steroids.

at first i thought i was going to be able to troll your youtube account...and then i figured you just stole someone elses youtube comments, which is like, super lame.

the way i've been getting new music lately is by listening to fanmixes. for everyone. don't even care if it's a ship i don't support, or characters i don't like, if it's got a good graphic and a download link i'm there. this bellatrix lestrange one is hitting the spot for me lately. lots of good gritty dark shit on it, especially TENKAH and Milanese and that great Nouvelle Vague cover of Killing Joke's Psyche.

^ lol I just felt the comment accurately described the sound that I heard,I didnt say it sucked. You can troll my account if you really want I have a link of my "nirvana rip off" on the guitar players mega page.

Electronic Rock - Yppah

Not sure if there already isn't thread about this and whether it belongs here, but I'd say so as it is more rock than electronic.
Anyway, yesterday I fell in love with this music while on APB yay.

2 best songs imo:
Gumball Machine Weekend - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmQXuWOZP8w&ob=av2e
Sun Flower Sun Kissed - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCygAicgyUw

Would be nice if anybody knows something similar. I also like psychedelic rock but there's a thread about it for sure.

Motherfucking Peter Green-era Fleetwood Mac.

61Cl4GiuyqL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

&

Inspired Flight - It's The Chemicals

Last edited:
i've never heard her early early (aka 20 year old stuff) stuff, but i got an early release of VISIONS last week and I've listened to nothing but that since then. my favourite song is "VISITING A STATUE."
oh, i had no idea that song was her early earlier stuff, fit right in with the album, indeed its a great track. visions is one of those albums that u can listen to without feeling the need to skip a track, everyone is so good.

i just discovered Lianne La Havas yesterday. lovely voice.

Lianne La Havas

Lianne La Havas - Lost and Found (Lapalux Remix)
the remix is how i discovered her. sweet hazy summer jam

Wanted to share Blind Man's Colour

Just discovered this band this morning and I felt I needed to share with you guys and girls out there.
Very experimental. The have a similar sound to Animal Collective and Panda Bear, so if you dig that type of music, you will for sure enjoy this.:D:D
[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtWtTfFF48s[/video]

I love this kind of folk experimental stuff , if any of you guys have some suggestions, Im more than open to them.

Hope you enjoy:)

Merging with the What great band have you just discovered? thread

Just discovered this band this morning and I felt I needed to share with you guys and girls out there.
Very experimental. The have a similar sound to Animal Collective and Panda Bear, so if you dig that type of music, you will for sure enjoy this.:D:D
[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtWtTfFF48s[/video]

I love this kind of folk experimental stuff , if any of you guys have some suggestions, Im more than open to them.

Hope you enjoy:)

They actually cover quite a few Animal Collective songs as well. The only thing I ever disliked about their covers were that they altered the lyrics a bit.

The band Cake isn't really a new one for me but most people haven't heard of them. Also the band Bread has some pretty good songs. Check um owt xP

^^ I actually discovered them through your post in the "Why did you pick that username" thread :) Great, great, great!

ATM, Bear in Heaven.

Back when I was experimenting with dissociatives, "Beast, Rest, Forth, Mouth" was always on my playlist. I haven't heard the new album in full yet, but I've heard its not quite up to par.

Apparently I'm really late to the party on this one, but The Walkmen have recently caught my ear.

^Mogwai, eff yeah! One of my favorites. Every time I leave there show I have a reduced level of hearing ability. I'm about two mogwai shows away from being fully deaf.

loving post rock, i cannot fucking believe i just started to get into them a few months ago.