• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Gaming What games have you played lately?

I’m trying to introduce my oldest child to the joys of the classics: Final Fantasy 7

that's awesome. I wouldn't think many kids today have the patience for games like that anymore. i couldn't wait to get home to play ff7 back in the day. I took the strategy guide with me to school and studied it whenever I could.

that's awesome. I wouldn't think many kids today have the patience for games like that anymore. i couldn't wait to get home to play ff7 back in the day. I took the strategy guide with me to school and studied it whenever I could.
You, too? I printed out walkthroughs for these (I’ve played almost all the originals but ff7 and ff9 were my favorites; after 10 and 10-2 they got into massively multiplayer formats and I kinda prefer to play alone) and the printouts were a huge stack of papers, lol. I mean I did the games straight through the first time all by myself, no walkthrough except if I got really stuck, that way it would preserve the surprise. But the second time around I’d want to do alllll the stuff I missed the first go-round and collect every last item, no matter how obscure! And I needed some help with that 😂 took many many hours of grinding and patience but I did it repeatedly. My parents thought I was nuts

I’ve been playing this incredibly addictive game called Lapis x Labyrinth. It uses the kinds of slot machine-style tricks that mobile games use to get you hooked but it’s free after the initial purchase, there’s no DLC or cash shop or anything (although there is a more expensive physical release that comes with a bunch of extra goodies that I did get, things like a poster and soundtrack).

Something that interests me is that it was developed by Nippon Ichi Software and the creator credits seem to be largely people from or with connections to NIS, but it was published by SEGA. NIS is a big developer, making games like the Disgaea series, and they’ve been publishing their own and others’ games for many years now so I’m not sure why SEGA is involved, but I assume they just commissioned it or something. This stands out to me though because while it is very, very easy to recognize the NIS influence if you’re familiar with their game library, I have to say that this game distinctly reminds me of Phantasy Star Online, another SEGA title I was completely in love with back in the day. Unlike PSO this is a 2D platformer with a sort of Maple Story-like aesthetic, but it has the same format of primarily revolving around making your own custom characters and taking them through maze-like dungeons with warps for different floors and a boss floor at the end, and the equipment system also feels very similar in a way that seems to blend concepts like how PSO weapons can come with static elemental boosts and power grinds along with an item enhancement system similar to the innocents of Disgaea games. As you progress through the game, the focus becomes a lot about seeing how many unique and powerful items you can find to give your characters, because there are enough combinations of properties to make most of what you find pretty unique once you get to the higher levels and it keeps the grind worth it even for the kind of things you already have because it’s just fun to see what’s going to pop up next that you didn’t have yet, which also reminds me of PSO and its ridiculously extreme rare drop rates.

To anyone who is familiar with the above games and likes them, I highly recommend looking into this one. It’s been a lot of fun for me so far and also helps keep me focused sometimes while my mind is scattered without just draining my bank account in the process like so many other games do these days.

Reactions: CFC
Eastward, Deaths Door, Red Dead Redemption 2, AC Unity, AC Origins, AC Odyssey, AC Valhalla, Metroid Dread, Witcher 3, Hades and Hollow Knight.

I really want to play Eldin Ring and Cult of the Lamb. I'll probably eventually get Cult of the Lamb when it goes on sale but I can't drop $60 on a game rt now so Eldin will have to wait.

• Love
I've been Tales of Graces f on rpcs3 also some Nier Replicant and God of War (The pc version). Just put a lot of money into a new computer so yeah, been doing a lot of gaming lately.

• Love
I bought the "Evil within" horror game....but fuuuuck can't start it.it's for steam only and i never played games on steam&got pissed a lot...someday gonna broke this computer or just destroy the next door....when the devil rides me loose my mind...fuck only 5euro(some promotions)....gonna ask my daughter to fix the problem.Youngins are more into this.....ain't got no nerves to do this.Thankfully the World football championship is about to start.👍💥💫.Got some beer&weed🍺🍺🍺💫🔥🍻💊🚬🚬🚬⚽⚽⚽

I bought the "Evil within" horror game....but fuuuuck can't start it.it's for steam only and i never played games on steam&got pissed a lot...someday gonna broke this computer or just destroy the next door....when the devil rides me loose my mind...fuck only 5euro(some promotions)....gonna ask my daughter to fix the problem.Youngins are more into this.....ain't got no nerves to do this.Thankfully the World football championship is about to start.👍💥💫.Got some beer&weed🍺🍺🍺💫🔥🍻💊🚬🚬🚬⚽⚽⚽

I assume you bought a scratch off code. Just install steam app on your pc and make an account then enter the code once you are logged in. Once you have the account you can just buy your games though the app when you are logged in. It automatically installs the game once you download it. If you don't want to use steam for future games you could try GOG.

Purchased DmC on Xbox series x and really enjoying it so far, forgot how fun these were.

I played Mega-Lo-Mania on the Amiga over the weekend. Forgot how much fun it was.

vm7Dgyp.png

I should get back into Forza racing now that there's been a new Forza Horizon out. It takes up a lot of time tho, but is really fun

Xbox Game Pass selections mostly. Going to start High on Life soon to see what that’s like.