• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What ever happened to PCP?

Yes - the person who designed MXE really did come up with a novel compound and indeed tested it for an extended period before agreeing that it was the best of the ACAs that they had sampled (and trust me, they sampled a LOT of them and paid a price).
Relevant: https://www.vice.com/en/article/ppzgk9/interview-with-ketamine-chemist-704-v18n2
Check this part out:
The methoxetamine molecule was something I had floating around in my head for about three years. I just knew it would really be something fantastic; it contains every necessary functional group to produce the perfect dissociative. I felt it would be like a stress-free version of ketamine. Eventually I found someone who was interested and made a small batch, and when I tested it… I was blown away. It doubtless has great potential as an antidepressant. A vendor took interest and synthesized a batch for public distribution, and it took off. Now there are all kinds of fake variations for sale, tiletamine analogs and whatnot. The popularity was not a surprise, but I was surprised by the willingness of Chinese laboratories to synthesize it. A few years ago Chinese labs would not produce arylcyclohexylamines under any circumstances. In China, those suspected of trafficking large quantities of ketamine are executed. In Singapore, ketamine dealers face 15 strokes of a brine-soaked rattan cane to the bare buttocks… probably in addition to execution. Risky business.

As noted, MXE is novel but Parke-Davis had patented the 2-chloro-5-methoxy homologue. A patent that covered just TWO compounds. I do not know what their studies found, but evidently it possessed significant advantages.
This is fascinating. So they also had discovered MXE, essentially. They just built it with the 2-chloro molecule present in Ketamine. Like you said before: maybe Methochloroxetamine, MCXE. Or 2-Chloromethoxetamine, 2CMXE. (EDIT: I just noticed the PD patent is using a methylamino group and not MXE's ethylamino moiety) And no literature on it? Intriguing…
1.gif

Now I do not know why they made the patent so narrow. Generally, if you make a very narrow patent then it's MUCH easier to uphold in law.
Still that's specific. And you're saying there are two compounds here in that its one chiral center gives it two stereoisomers, right?

That a US company only filed a British patent is also unusal. But if I had to guess, it's because in animal models at least, it represented an 'island of activity'.
And by this you mean the 'island' of activity is defined as having a close grouping of active homologues otherwise surrounded by a sea of inactivity, more or less? But already, we know that the deschlorinated homologue of the Parke-Davis patent—what we commonly call MXE—is active, and so are a shitload of closely related compounds, so perhaps that's not in fact why the specificity? I think it may have had to do with a desire to be able to defend that compound's patent with no ambiguity. Could it be that good? MXE is phenomenal.

So while I do not know WHAT they found, they spent a lot and appeared to wish to keep quiet what they had found - no papers on the topic exist.
Did it have any other kind of name to reference? (R/S)-2-(2-Chloro-3-Methoxyphenyl)-2-(methylamino)cyclohexanone, something like that? Does the name nor-chloro-MXE make any sense?

Last edited:
After reading his experience with 50mg IM 3-meo-pcp it filled in a few blanks for me as to what kind of state I might have been in and why the ambulance was called because i ended up blacking out during the interaction with the group of people who were helping with my dislocated shoulder, and woke up in the hospital. for the longest time i wondered why the fuck they called an ambulance for me for a dislocated shoulder but i just thought my memory was colluded with the drugs, I probably was in a catatonic state and thats why i was seeing everything from a birds eye view. Thank you for sharing this story.

I was making a comment, so what I hear people complain and I agree, your highness

The 'Interview With a Ketamine Chemist' is an interview with a BLer.

I was also asked but the BLers experience wasn't very positive - some answers were altered to make them seem more 'interesting'. But more to the point, they don't pay, so I saw no point.

So they know of the patent. Their MAIN comment was that the precursor was likely to be more costly than ones for monosubstituted benzenes.

BUT if it's significantly more potent, it can afford to be. I believe idiots are now playing with 2,3-disubstituted examples which kind of hints that these are not people who read patents which is a pity.

The 'Interview With a Ketamine Chemist' is an interview with a BLer.
I think I put 2 and 2 together correctly already on that one, but I knew it would be poor taste to just start blatantly talking about another mans business, although I do plan on taking a deep dive on his posts because I know there's gotta be a ton of good information that I should either know or would like to know.

Not gonna lie, when I made the connection I started to fanboy pretty hard, I wanted to call my best friend in prison and tell him about it, me and him had some insane experiences together on MXE, most of the time our trips would be coordinated in a sense like we were sharing the same sights, sounds and feelings. Life felt like a big ole video game for a large portion of 2014-2015 lol.

Sadly he's got another ~9 years to go, he had nearly a bible of LSD, close to a kilo of mdma, >10 lbs tree, >1lb oil, few ounces of K. Gets no good time counted because of the 2 MDO charges (Major Drug Offender) He started getting pretty sloppy on K and serving people right out of his house when his neighborhood was just built and full of tax paying do gooders (his wifes family was loaded and bought them (her) the house when they got married.) The straw that broke the camels back was she wanted to smoke a joint on their new back porch. Neighbor called the cops over the odor of marijuana (im sure they were already suspicious if they had at least 1 eye...)

They just legalized recreational marijuana in my state last month. So essentially they ruined his life, and took a father from his daughter, over a joint that's now legal. But if anyone would appreciate hearing about said BLer's story and creation, it would be him. He used to obsess over MXE lol

It's interesting that the MAJORITY of people who use PCP do not go on to do awful things.

It's just that a drug that at one produces potent stimulation AND dissociation, it's merely going to result in move VISIBLE signs.

I'm sure ketamine has been taken by vastly more people than PCP ever has been. But if someone takes too much ketamine, they pass out.
Pcp they may cannibalize someone. Rapper Big Lurch. Also if someone is passed out it doesn't take 12 cops to subdue them.

I beat an OVI for Ketamine after I passed out in unexpected bumper to bumper traffic, I would have been fine if I didn't get stuck behind a bunch Browns fans after work downtown, I lived pretty nearby, but I passed out at the wheel and thankfully hit a parking meter and not another car or something.

I was awake but still basically on the edge of a hole when the firefighters and paramedics showed up (before the cops btw) and I apparently started trying to fight anyone that came near me (some people get violent on K lol). When the cops showed up they just immediately put me in handcuffs and put me in the back of the cruiser, didn't even bother with a field sobriety test (EZ WIN) because I was so obviously trashed, they asked me who the president was and I said Obama, meanwhile it was Biden at the time, I also said obama when asked the same question another time after my 3-meo-pcp OD, I guess I just go back to simpler times in my head when i'm on dissociatives lol

They tried to take me to the hospital to do a urine sample but by this time I was coherent to know right from wrong and told them to eat a dick and they gonna have to get it back in blood if they want me to throw myself under the bus :ROFLMAO:

Long story short, don't piss if you're dirty, and don't blow if you're drunk.

I had a DUI once and eventually was taken to the hospital and a blood test read either .37 something or .38 something. My liver had stop processing alcohol. I drank the morning/ evening before.
I somehow told the doctor that if I went to jail and detoxed there, I would possibly die from alcohol withdrawal.
So no bail, and I spent a long weekend with IV morphine and IV ativan( lorazepam), also TV and the hospital food wasn't bad. I got the charges reduced to a simple DUI; my state had a new super Drunk DUI law with bigger punishments. Thank you God. Even that dumb public offender was amazed at the leniency I got.

I had a DUI once and eventually was taken to the hospital and a blood test read either .37 something or .38 something. My liver had stop processing alcohol. I drank the morning/ evening before.
I somehow told the doctor that if I went to jail and detoxed there, I would possibly die from alcohol withdrawal.
So no bail, and I spent a long weekend with IV morphine and IV ativan( lorazepam), also TV and the hospital food wasn't bad. I got the charges reduced to a simple DUI; my state had a new super Drunk DUI law with bigger punishments. Thank you God. Even that dumb public offender was amazed at the leniency I got.
Yeah I mean your chances of getting a DUI of that level dropped is pretty slim, did you agree to the test or have priors and couldn't refuse? Or were you incapacitated when you were taken in from a DUI accident or something? Anyways, glad you're alright, that's a pretty dangerous amount of alcohol even on foot.

Pcp they may cannibalize someone. Rapper Big Lurch. Also if someone is passed out it doesn't take 12 cops to subdue them.
i think people can go into an experience with unconscious thoughts because of what they were told about it thinking the drug will make them do some crazy shit so they will act out situations which they were told people do. people making an urban legend come true, maybe... i'm just speculating.. i have no idea about if they had scientific PCP tests to see how people responded before it hit the streets and got so demonized. you go to imagine that paranoia from the law plays some role into people going off the deep end, maybe if it's in a safe space people handle it better. some people will fight cops while drunk and on psychedelics too. maybe less on psychedelics because people go into their trips thinking that it's a peaceful drug. i'd imagine it's possible to get violent psychedelics. i've even seen some people get really weird on just mushrooms, and i know a bigger kid that was in the military admitted to me while working at starbucks that he beat someone up on shrooms randomly. it seemed kind of schizophrenic like he felt bad about it and needed to admit it to people... i'm not sure if it was just an internet rumour but supposedly some one murdered a dog in a really sick way on shrooms or something too... people loose their minds sober too... not saying PCP helps, just going on with what i was thinking for the sake of conversation.... this is that mushroom story: https://www.expatica.com/nl/uncategorized/man-kills-dog-while-on-mushrooms-34337/ definitely going to be hard to convince me that mushrooms aren't good and this dude just didn't totally suck. i heard that also was supposed to be a way to put mushrooms back on the black market in amsterdam, so i again really have no idea.

I don't think Big Lurch was thinking of cannibalizing his female roommate before he took PCP

I don't think Big Lurch was thinking of cannibalizing his female roommate before he took PCP
He could've been. In most cases, drug use exacerbates and acts as a catalyst for preexisting mental illnesses. It's not common for drug use to be the sole "cause" of psychotic behavior. Most people are already fucked up for one reason or another, which is why it's important for people to understand their risks and preexisting conditions before taking drugs.

Yeah I mean your chances of getting a DUI of that level dropped is pretty slim, did you agree to the test or have priors and couldn't refuse? Or were you incapacitated when you were taken in from a DUI accident or something? Anyways, glad you're alright, that's a pretty dangerous amount of alcohol even on foot.
I still got a fine, probation, piss in a cup 1 or 2 times a week and license suspended but it could have been real bad. I was almost 5 times the legal limit. Then there was a stupid weekend retreat, where I just smoked and had(legally oxycodone, morphine and ativan(lorazepam) to help pass the time. I could handle that high of a BAL and still walk and talk. But I am now allergic to alcohol which is why I am still alive. Those cops were idiots and even lied on the report. Live and learn

Then there was a stupid weekend retreat
Hotel Hell baby. Had to do that for the OVI I was convicted of. Got me laid in the Christmas Story house though lmao, chick I met there rented a house across the street from the house from the same guy that owned it until recently.

I did PCP a pretty good number of times back in the 70s. We were told it was pure THC. "Tick". Sometimes I enjoyed it, often it was kind of boring (I disliked smoking it) Disassociative is good word for it. I was never violent or dangerous, just fucked up, emotionless.
First time I did it, I up and decided to go visit an old friend of mine in a neighboring town who I hadn't seen since I was 8 years old. No idea why I would want to do that, we had zero connection for years. This was all a blur, yet at the same time it was a clearly made plan. I walked 3 miles there and knocked on the door. No idea what the fuck I said or what they said. I know I felt content about being there sitting in their living room, but I remember him and his mom exchanging worried looks like "what the fuck is this long haired weirdo doing sitting here". There was absolutely no good explanation for my being there. The image is still clear as a bell in my mind. It was really one of the most bizarre things I've ever done

What is the point of those places? I remember nothing; learned nothing and was a waste of time and money. What do they hope to accomplish by sticking a bunch of drunks together in a place they don't want to be. I had started taking my meds so it was bearable but not memorable.

I did PCP a pretty good number of times back in the 70s. We were told it was pure THC. "Tick". Sometimes I enjoyed it, often it was kind of boring (I disliked smoking it) Disassociative is good word for it. I was never violent or dangerous, just fucked up, emotionless.
First time I did it, I up and decided to go visit an old friend of mine in a neighboring town who I hadn't seen since I was 8 years old. No idea why I would want to do that, we had zero connection for years. This was all a blur, yet at the same time it was a clearly made plan. I walked 3 miles there and knocked on the door. No idea what the fuck I said or what they said. I know I felt content about being there sitting in their living room, but I remember him and his mom exchanging worried looks like "what the fuck is this long haired weirdo doing sitting here". There was absolutely no good explanation for my being there. The image is still clear as a bell in my mind. It was really one of the most bizarre things I've ever done
You are older than me, can you explain to me what exactly a quaalude was?

He could've been. In most cases, drug use exacerbates and acts as a catalyst for preexisting mental illnesses. It's not common for drug use to be the sole "cause" of psychotic behavior. Most people are already fucked up for one reason or another, which is why it's important for people to understand their risks and preexisting conditions before taking drugs.
No, I was completely unpredictable on booze. No rhyme or reason. Just like people have good and bad trips on lsd.

Last edited:
You are older than me, can you explain to me what exactly a quaalude was?
It's just a type of very strong downer, a lot like barbiturates. The effect was to make you sleepy and stupid. I never liked them, but they were popular in the day. They reduced people's inhibitions, sort of like alcohol, but not as much as fun as alcohol IMHO. In fact I still have couple of very old Rorer 714s (quaaludes) stashed away, part of my emergency suicide stash. Kind of a boring way to go out, though.

They were banned in the 80's but rarely prescribed then; the FDA(I think) made them schedule 1. Would they even work now?