• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What ever happened to PCP?

arrall

Administrator
Staff member
I've heard some older Bluelighters raving about how great PCP was when it used to be widespread. One member I talked to calls it 'the Rolls Royce of dissociatives'. So I wonder why it seems to be non-existent these days.

The media scare stories and freakouts don't seem any worse than meth or the pyrovalerone drugs, yet those are everywhere and plain ol' PCP is nowhere to be found. Is the reasoning here just the same as MXE? Dissos are hard to synth for a small lab and big labs are focusing on the legal analogues? Or is PCP just not as good for most people as those who tried it remember it being?

I’ll tell you what happened to PCP: The internet happened to PCP, Youtube happened to PCP.

All those videos on Youtube of guys walking the streets naked tearing out fences and getting jiggy with it whilst screaming like baboons and fighting-off an entire paddy-wagon full of Cops, that’s happened to PCP!

Who on Gods earth would want to try that stuff after watching those videos…

Wherever it went, I hope it stays there.

Did it a few times in the 70s. Very unpredictable. I saw guys freak the fuck out on that shit.
i smoked this real perfumy roach as a kid and tripped out, it was pcp, i liked it but only had very little

My experiences weren't terrible, just very weird and uncomfortable.*
But I once sat with a guy who babbled incoherently, then laughed for 5 minutes, cried for 5 minutes, laughed, cried, etc. for 2 goddamn hours.

* Edit: Not always bad, sometimes kinda fun. But unpredictable. And I always felt a little icky afterward.

I've heard some older Bluelighters raving about how great PCP was when it used to be widespread. One member I talked to calls it 'the Rolls Royce of dissociatives'. So I wonder why it seems to be non-existent these days.

The media scare stories and freakouts don't seem any worse than meth or the pyrovalerone drugs, yet those are everywhere and plain ol' PCP is nowhere to be found. Is the reasoning here just the same as MXE? Dissos are hard to synth for a small lab and big labs are focusing on the legal analogues? Or is PCP just not as good for most people as those who tried it remember it being?
Idk, too many bad incidents with PCP from what I've read and all that super human strength myth it gives you when u take it. All that has given it a bad reputation plus there's better dissos nowadays.

I’ll tell you what happened to PCP: The internet happened to PCP, Youtube happened to PCP.

All those videos on Youtube of guys walking the streets naked tearing out fences and getting jiggy with it whilst screaming like baboons and fighting-off an entire paddy-wagon full of Cops, that’s happened to PCP!

Who on Gods earth would want to try that stuff after watching those videos…
Same as Salvia.... all I've seen in youtube are reaction videos of Salvia that go wrong. That discouraged me from ever trying it and still have no desire to try it.

Last edited:

The most common synthesis requires a grignard reaction, which involves organometallic reagents that combust in air. This is done in ether, and a pretty serious fire hazard for a clandestine lab.

There are other synthetic routes, but they involve some nasty cyanide compounds, so it's kind of a high risk synthesis (and non-trivial for a cook to master). Plus the limiting precursor is pretty well controlled.

Combine those with its reputation as an unpredictable and ghetto drug, and it makes sense that its a rarity outside of certain hoods where its popular.

Same as Salvia.... all I've seen in youtube are bad video reactions to Salvia that I would never try it.
at first i thought it seriously was the end of the world for say 1 min, then the second hit......world turned to a cartoon, but that stuffs no joke

. I've met a few users in recovery meetings and there is PCP on skid row according to soft white underbelly interviewees...but either of these are not the most credible ppl and very likely they are being sold a disso RC being passed off as old school pcp

Last edited:
Me cares. But pcp was never that great on the European black market, it seems that it’s more an American thing.

Apparently it's still around, but it seems to be almost exclusively a "ghetto" kind of drug. I have never heard of anyone I know doing any unless they went to the hood to get it. Never seen it anywhere but I regularly hear about it in those places, and continue to see mentions of it.

I hope to get some one day, I am sure I would really enjoy it. But I would only do it if I could get pure PCP powder and knew my dose... 5-7mg is all you need, it's extremely potent. Smoking an unmeasured amount on a dipped cigarette is a great way to take WAY too much. And that's the main reason why there are so many horror stories, people are smoking unknown amounts of it. That, and it's a very strong, disorienting dissociative that is also stimulating and dopaminergic. Though that sounds super fun in a controlled setting, it's a recipe for disaster if you're not really careful and knowing exactly how much you're taking.

Rats love PCP. In fact, they prefer it to methoxetamine.

The study also includes DPT as a comparison for... some reason.

My experiences weren't terrible, just very weird and uncomfortable.*
But I once sat with a guy who babbled incoherently, then laughed for 5 minutes, cried for 5 minutes, laughed, cried, etc. for 2 goddamn hours.

* Edit: Not always bad, sometimes kinda fun. But unpredictable. And I always felt a little icky afterward.

Reminds me of nitrous oxide except that lasts for like two minutes. Was probably great for him.

Same as Salvia.... all I've seen in youtube are reaction videos of Salvia that go wrong. That discouraged me from ever trying it and still have no desire to try it.

That's a shame because salvia is awesome. The way it's used in those YouTube videos is pretty much the worst possible way of doing it.

Ketamine took it's place

This is technically the correct answer. Ketamine was literally invented to replace PCP as an anesthetic.

at first i thought it seriously was the end of the world for say 1 min, then the second hit......world turned to a cartoon, but that stuffs no joke

It was. You really fucked up that time but this reality isn't so bad.

I hope to get some one day, I am sure I would really enjoy it. But I would only do it if I could get pure PCP powder and knew my dose...
I wonder if one could dehalogenate 3-Cl-PCP (which is readily available) with CuCl2/NaBH4 to get PCP.

Last edited: