• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What do you do when you can't hit a vein?

Helllll no! It goes in my veins or it'll wait until I can stick it and fill it.

I practiced with sterilised water until I could do it. But the problem now is I am increasingly having difficulty registering a vein. The more conscious I am about it, the more I shake, the worse it gets. I found myself running to my mate this morning to get him to stick it in me.

Stick it to kick it! =D

The bright red is an ARTEREY. It burns to high hell when you shoot in it. You can usually tell because the blood is more forceful and arteries are deeper than veins, except this a kind of superficial one along the wrist.

The dark red is veinous blood. If you can tell the difference, just pull out when you get the bright red blood? I use tar so itz harx for me to tell but ive hit an arterey four times before. Avoid hitting in the areas where you know youve hit an arterey. You got some bad luck if youre hitting them frequently. Try to hit visible, superficial veins. Good luck.

Yeah you really should not be hitting arteries frequently at all... if you are, something is serious wrong with your technique.

hit up the hospital with my dope ready in a rig, and after i get all checkd in and they start an IV, i jus pop the cap off of my rig and squeeze the dope in the IV line.
that is based on the hopes the nurse can hit a vein.

So far that's worked for me.

I think anyone who's ever used for more than a day or two has had this problem. When swim first started, it was out of inexperience, but nowadays the main problem swim has is hydration. It's been said a bajillion times, but it really is the key (along with new rigs - dull pins, esp larger gauge, can be ruinous). Even swim's "over-used" (read: blown the hell out) veins can be hit fairly consistently if he's hydrated. Like everyone else, swim has his "favorite" spots, but still tries to regularly rotate to ease the stress on the 'ole pipes. Swim usually tries to keep at least one "known good" spot unused for just this reason. Swim just got down trying for over 3 hours to hit something... ANYTHING. Hadn't been keeping up on the fluid intake, and everything was flat. Took a hot shower, used a heating pad, nothing worked. Swim can TOTALLY empathize with everyone else who's been there... the frustration, self loathing (why the fuck do I do this to myself??), and physical pain from jabbing pins everywhere there was even a hint of a blue line. Swim was sweating like a whore in church, shaking, etc etc... so finally decided to just relax, down a half gallon of H20, put on the headphones and chill for a bit (hour or so). Switched to a fresh rig (filtered the clots out with a cotton), and bam - first time. There's nothing like feeling (or seeing) that flash of red in the rig - especially when it's been so goddamn elusive.

Goodnight from the land of Nod.

Get fucking pissed off. Keeping trying till I do, changing rigs, ect. That is literally one of the MOST irritating things in the world.. And this isn't a public pool, Michael Phelps.. No swimming..

I cry...just kidding. mostly not. no, I change rigs if I've tried more than 3 or 4 times with the same one, I swear you can FEEL it getting duller...and if for whatever reason it ain't working, then my worst-case scenario is to take 5 or 10 or 20 mins, do some deep breathing, and try again. it hasn't failed me yet in 5 years of IV'ing...I find that the more desperate you feel to get a good clean hit (and fast), the harder it is. so take the pressure off, do something else, maybe do a few jumping jacks, and...try again.

I haven't been able to find a vein in days I'm hydrated so wtf!!! Where can I try besides my lower arms,hands, and feet? Or should I just give up and try plugging?? So aggravated pls help

Get angry and frustrated as all fuck
I hate I more then anything
waisted a few this way
I got good veins so it only makes it that much worse

I never had any problems slamming heroin, always used the same four veins and they never gave me any trouble for all three years. Then I switched to meth, and my veins immediately started giving me a hard time. After a long while of having to really work everytime I used, out of the blue one day NO vein would work for me. I refused to give up. I was trying for 30 min at a time, take a quick break to chug a bottle of water, then go right back to it. By the end of it, my friend said I was sitting there trying for 8 hours(no joke), I had went trough crying hysterically, screaming, begging, wishing to die, and pleading to my veins like they were some serial killer to just work one more time, I had smashed everything in sight and punched multiple walls, had blood ALL over me and everywhere I was sitting because after so long I got too frustrated to even clean it up and didnt even care, I had searched every way to word what I was going through and how to fix it on google, and read every blog I thought could help at all. I had a needle of probably only blood. and about two riggs worth of a blood, water, and meth mixture in my cooker, and still wouldn't stop. The only reason finally did was because my friend(who had left for work and came back to me n the same spot STILL trying) grabbed everything from me in tears and everything got spilled and broken in the worst physical fight I've ever been in(due to me attacking him because I was really going to kill him for stopping me). I laid down on the floor and begged him to just kill me already, and I guess cried myself to sleep eventually.
Literally, the next day we got caught up with shit and I went to jail for a month or two. So I never got to try again. It probably saved my life honestly/:
When I got out I went straight back to it tho, but my veins were a little healed by then and I went back to only having a hard time. I dread the day that happens again. And that is why I urge anyone who has never used a needle not to even try it, you could very well end up like that, and from other posts I've come across, that's not too uncommon.

i say "fuck", bleed all over, cry sometimes if in withdrawal, alternate puking, and then eventually i find one. i don't stay IV long because my veins are so poor and i have health issues and the last thing you want, as a junkie, is to experience an ER visit while they search for your veins for hours. this happened a year ago and it got me to largely stop injecting and switch to oral or insuffilation mostly.

I find another! It sucks though when your point gets dull looking for one. Lately the side of my wrist has been a good spot, while I let other spots heal some. I fucking hate how long it takes for them to heal. I really need to come up with some more sites to hit, maybe legs. But I can't see or feel any veins in my legs what gives?!

I re-register. Drinking alot of water helps ALOT, also hot bath or shower. One time I was in but slipped got frustrated and missed half a shot of two roxi 30's, luckily my hand just swelled up then went down after a very HOT rag was on it for a few hours...Or squirt it up my butt if its just impossibe to get one.

Turn myself into a human dartboard. No tantrums, if all else fails up the ass it goes. Kinda sucks especially with a really dull needle but it doesn't even bother me anymore.

I'm aware that this is an old post but it caught my eye because everything described is a near-daily action or routine. It seems no matter how many times I have tried lately there's never anything more than just a trickle of blood coming up in the chamber. And after I have tried in more than two or three places the rig is almost unusable because I can't see through this bloody mess anymore. So yes I feel for you my friend and hope things have gotten better since you posted this

i have very few locations that i can inject so i rotate but just between these places and my bloods always been thick
but lately its been thicker then usual and now whenever i do a shot it registers but EXTREMLY slow, and i havent got the taste of the meth after injecting
and ive had weird headaches for the past couple days every time i do a shot it feels like pressure, throbbing, sometimes like somethings crawling under my scalp
and my arms (where i inject) get tired very easily and theres a weird throbbing in different spots that comes and goes
and the muscles in my legs have been cramping and staying stiff and feel very heavy when i try to walk
Whats going on.?

I've only ever missed small bits during a shot and then have to register again - all because I'm fiending/shaking or already off my face. To hit arteries you must be going deep and probably with an inch or more length needle as opposed to the little 1ml old style insulin needles, all diabetics I have come across use the injection "pens" where you can select how much insulin you want by adjusting a little numerical dial thingy.