• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What do you do when you can't hit a vein?

no point throwing a temper tantrum that wont get you high, i tie off real good and look for a vein i havent used for awhile with a new rig

I stop, breath deeply, and do something else for a few minutes, then try again.

Just stabbing at my arms over and over again never seems to get me anywhere.

Doesn't help that I have really deep veins :(

Tie off tighter, flex your hand/foot depending on where you're trying to hit yourself, get hydrated, even doing some jumping jacks or push ups can get your blood flowing and can make your veins more prominent.

I try to rotate my sites always
I have at least 40 different places I've been able to hit, so it's never a problem
I have a "backup" vein that has really bad track marks on it, so I only use it in emergency situations, like when the rig is about to get clogged
I would definitely think about quitting if I couldn't hit ANY veins anymore

I can't pull back the plunger and push down with my left hand

Wellllll have I got a treat for you! I use this method most every time I shoot up and it helps with either hand.

Just attach a small keyring to the top of the plunger so you can stick your index finger through the keyring and have it rest on the plunger. No you just need to lift the one finger back to check for a vein, and push it down to inject. It is super helpful, for me at least.

Wellllll have I got a treat for you! I use this method most every time I shoot up and it helps with either hand.

Just attach a small keyring to the top of the plunger so you can stick your index finger through the keyring and have it rest on the plunger. No you just need to lift the one finger back to check for a vein, and push it down to inject. It is super helpful, for me at least.

Or perhaps you two could stop being little girls and just develop your left handed dexterity?

Take a breathe, swap weapons, go somewhere quiet so u can't hear the ever helpful "backseat bashers" telling u 2 "bend ur arm , ur doing it wrong & want me 2 do u?" comments & start again...

I have some pretty small veins so finding one is always a hassle. When I was shot up those few times I would have to bend my arm or squeeze my hand on something... really anything to get the veins to appear. I also made sure I would drink more water beforehand. I would just keep trying and trying.

uhhh a little help from a friend, i also think women are more patient and gentle when finding hiding veins

Sometimes women can be the worst though, this one chick bruised me up a lot I mean she got it and everything went well but damn could of been gentler. Yet, I have always had such tiny veins so you really have to look for them and when you do find one it's always in a not so desired spot. Oh well, have no need to shoot up anymore, not like I did for awhile anyways... just some crazy choices but shooting up was always a hassle no matter what. My veins just don't like making things easy.

yeah i get pissed but keep on trying until i get it or the blood coagulates..then i get REAL mad. i'll try changing ties or rigs too. sometimes i feel like it helps (even though obviously you should use a fresh one every time)

i break my phones, ive lost count already. i got smart, because it was starting to get expensive so instead of throwing away the broken pieces, ive got them saved and i keep them in a big ziplock bag. so on those miserable days when ive been fucking stabbing myself for hours to no avail, i get out my bag of broken phone pieces and i pound them with my mallot or my hammer.

I move to a different area and start looking for a new one. If that doesn't work I take the drug in the next most effective way, which is never as satisfying.

I would never IM a shot with blood in it.
And as for my previous post, I really have a case of foot in mouth
Been too broke to buy new needles for the past month and a half (new ones coming in the mail now)
Reusing 31g needles along with unfiltered suboxone has fucked my veins up so bad
Nowadays if I register, then fall back out, I'll try a few more places, but if the blood gets too thick, I just throw it away and put some under my tongue
But with dope it's a different story. I have never actually gotten to the point of the rig getting clogged with dope it in, but if I did, I'd probably cry

Just muscle it.

terrible idea, especially with street drugs or even pills that haven't been micron filtered. terrible idea all around unless you've got sterile ampules designed for injection. you're asking for an abscess at the very least.

if i'm having trouble finding a vein, which is rare, i'll run the area under hot water or take a quick hot shower to bring the veins to the surface. otherwise utilise a tourniquet by scrounging up my shirt sleeve under my arm pit, pump my fist and voila.