• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

What did you do to get off your butt today? vs. "Butt's off the floor!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
15 x stair climbs
4 sets of 15 burpees and pushups
15 mins of abdominal stuff
...which all nearly killed me because a) I'm still recovering from a cold, and b) I've been smoking daily for the last few months. Ughh.

Same as yesterday, minus the stair runs, as it's too cold outside for my sick lungs/sinuses. Grrrrr :!

5.4 mile trail run/hike
My friend is getting better at this! He texted I think I can be a runner and I replied I KNOW you can.

^^ Nice!

How long have you been sick, n3o?
Since I got back from the states, so, 2 weeks. I just stopped smoking cigs, as of yesterday. So hopefully that will help! :D
Everyone I know in Sydney is sick at the moment so we're probably all just re-infecting each other.

Nonetheless, I persisted with my stair climbs and hill sprints yesterday, and did 3 sets of burpees and pushups last night.
I really want to start swimming again but it is too damn cold in Sydney at the moment.

If you're sick, maybe you should take it easy for a day or two. Performing high intensity exercise while sick will only slow down your recovery.

Swimming or walking would be better options so that you can recover easier and be back full speed. <3

I cleaned the bakery for about five hours today. It's tough work!

Solid 25 set back workout.

Met a girl at the gym and ended up taking her for coffee and two hours of conversation. <3

She just got out a destructive relationship with a drug addict and kept talking about how "never again will I be with someone who has even ever used drugs." I think she likes me. This is going to get interesting. :\

She's only saying she won't be with someone who has used drugs because she's currently angry. She'll say something along the lines of "oh, well you're not a current user, so you're okay" when you tell her, or become apologetic. :p

11 miles on the bike yesterday.

^^ You are so inspiring PI, I really wish there were trails for me to run on around my suburb.

S_L, VERY good point about taking it easy whilst still sick, thanks hun. However I feel like I'm well and truly over the worst of it and I'm hoping that daily exercise can kick the rest of the residual sickness out of me. So far so good.
Actually tbph I think it's more to do with the fact I haven't had a cigarette in two days ;)

^^Inspiring? Wow thank you. I wish I had more people to run with. Coordinating runs daily after work is tough for me as my work day is variable. Give me a week and I can arrange to leave at 5p which is what I am doing this Thursday with 6 others I met online.

Power to you on the no cigs, n3o. I should stop it too. All that protective mucous is expelled from membranes...it is a good thing. I would still exercise too ;) Makes me feel good when I take care of myself properly which is extra retarded hypocritical that I smoke.

Haven't had a cigarette in 2 days. Last night speed walked over a few large hills to my friend's house instead of driving there. It took me about an hour. Walking is for sure my favorite exercise.... I could walk forever!

Status
Not open for further replies.