• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

What College or University are you attending, what are you studying and why? - MERGED

I attend UC Santa Barbara (nearly finished with my freshman year and it's been quite an experience) , and am still trying to figure out my major will be; At this point, I've narrowed it down to middle east studies, religious studies, or history, so we'll see. Hmm, am I the only SB student on the board?

I goto the University of Texas @ San Antonio. I'm going to be a sophmore next year. It's a nice city if your visiting, since it has a bunch of nice tourist traps. But once you live here, the city is quite boring. The campus isn't too much better. It's one of those so called commuter schools where everyone lives off campus. And there isn't much of a college life here either. It feels more like a giant community college. I'm stuck here for at least one more year, and then I'll decide on another school in Texas to transfer to.

I'm an information systems major.

I currently attend ISU (Illinois State University) same school that Laura will be attending :) .

I'm a Criminal Justice major because I enjoy law.

I'm attending the Ohio State University (OSU)....I'm pre-med and want to study plastic surgery....and I'm getting a degree in Pharmacy first.....Go BUCKS!!!

Indiana U. Right now I'm studying physics.

I would be interested in doing something with the brain. My mom says I could go Physics major, med school, then become psychiatrist. Does anyone know if this is correct?

Yeh that sounds good. You can get any degree that you want, and then apply to med school....most people go into Biology but I want to study more in Pharmacy first....anything relating to science is perfect, just make sure you don't switch to something like sport and leisure studies....as far as psychiatry goes....that's awesome!!!

I'm studying at the University of Queensland, St Lucia campus. I'm doing a dual degree in Science/Arts. My majors for science are hopefully going to be Drug Design and Development and Neuroscience. In Arts I'm planning on majoring in Philosophy and Psychology....

Not quite sure what I want to do with this new found knowledge, but I was toying with the idea of using it for good, with some kind of harm minimisation foundation, along the lines of BL and Erowid but away from the internet, something real out in the community.... I don't know how it would work but its a nice idea :p

theoretica said:
Harvard University...graduating in three weeks! I study English lit, and am going to continue doing so next year at grad school (Columbia), because I've found that writing English papers is just about the only thing I have any skill at. ;-)

anyone else from Harvard or Columbia out there?

Columbia U. Philosophy of Religion.

Triangle Tech - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (USA). I took welding and fabrication technology (with included AWS and ASME certification testing). I never had an interest in welding, but when I was looking to get into the international unions (boilermakers, ironworkers, etc), they all had on the apps stating it's better if you have welding experience.

After all the apps, testing and not getting hired, I decided to go for welding.

UIUC - undecided, but i want to do CS or philosophy.

i fucking hate the entire state of illinois, i shoulda gone to UCSD...

I go to the university of the united states

yes its so small we don't even have a basketball team;)

Last edited:
I go to Monmouth University. My major is Special Education with a Concentration in English. I will be finishing with a Masters Degree. :)

Why.. well because i have this obsessive need to save/help people, and didn't like the physical therapy field i was in. All my life people have been telling me i'd make the best teacher (and i LOVE kids).. so i gave it a shot.

They were right. I love it :)

Monash University, Victoria, Australia. I was in Perth for pre-U and I didn't really enjoyed it there. Monash was the only uni in Melbourne I applied for because it didnt require me to take an extra English test.. Got offered to all the uni in Perth that I applied for but when I got into monash, I was overjoyed and the thought that it was in the bush totally slipped my mind, until I woke up when I arrived and as I look around, everything was so green.... :( :p
Well, im doing bachelor of business and commerce/bachelor of information technology. I was actually in a double degree like the above but in a computing course, applied for this because i found the computing class in YR 12 was freakin easy, so I thought uni would be the same and business and commerce because i thought, y not do a double degree, just for fun.. lolz.... Though I do wish that the units aren't so hard, i never really regretted it. :)

university of nevada las vegas. Wanted to go to university of nevada reno but hey money is tight. majoring in lab sciences. kind of like a souped up med tech degree. pretty cool. using as a preprofessional degree for dental school, but at least i am learning real time real meaning courses.

Ohio State University

College = Ohio State University (Columbus, OH)
Class = Sophomore
Major = French

why? I want to be an intepretor for the U.N.

ps. I'm fluent in French, I grew up there. I'm taking it as a major, because if I didn't, I'll forget the language. I'll double-major into something else in a couple months...maybe International Studies.

College: University of Washington
Major: Biochemistry (just graduated with BS)
Why: good fucking question...
j/k, i happen to like chemisty quite a bit...weird, huh?

Indiana U. Right now I'm studying physics.

I would be interested in doing something with the brain. My mom says I could go Physics major, med school, then become psychiatrist. Does anyone know if this is correct?

Tyler, notice the spellings of PHYSICS & PSYCHIATRY. If you are interested in becoming a PSYCHIATRIST, you would need to study PSYCHOLOGY. Which will take you to grad school for either masters then PhD or just PhD, which will call for excellent grades. There should also be some med school involved seeing that psychiatrist can prescribe medicine. Your work and goal are not inter-related in the least.

As for me...

UG: Indiana Uni.
Major: Crim. Jus., Psych.
Minor: Amer. Sign Lang., Soc.

GS: IUPUI
Program: Master Pub. Admin.
Why: Politics and power

Not yet, but soon. Late august i leave for the University of Pittsburgh, main campus in Oakland. I'll be studying Linguistics as a major. I'm looking forward to taking Sign Language classes, Arabic, and Indonesian. I might take some film classes, or international studies, or history - who knows. Why? I find linguistics terribly interesting, practical, and fun.

SFSU (San Francisco State U)
Business Management
Junior

its an ok school, but business teachers suck!!