• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

What College or University are you attending, what are you studying and why? - MERGED

Mechanix said:
university of illinois at urbana-champaign
- mathematics and computer science -

i came here cuz it's a good deal (cheap in-state tuition and supposedly a top program). thought my major was something i really wanted to do...but after a few years i have decided i chose the wrong major. oh well, too late to change now -- graduating in two weeks.

Hey there Mechanix, I attended the University of Illinois down there in Champaign/Urbana a few years back. I was down there for the 2001-2002 school year and then first semester of 2002-2003. I voluntarily left (withdrew from classes in order to get a partial tuition reimbursement) due to a combination of a bunch of things, but I was studying accounting while I was down there and let's just say that was one of those things that I left because of. I may go back, I haven't decided yet, I'm leaning more towards just finishing up at UIC since I'm only 30 minutes outside of Chicago (and plus UIC has a pharmacy program, unlike UIUC for some odd reason). Oh and I would have graduated next spring, so if I go back there, everyone I know will be gone! But regardless I still go down there from time to time to visit and party with all my friends (almost all my friends from high school ended up at U of I).

Transfered this semester to UIC from University of Iowa, Love the city, best decision i've made. studying Business management

jerzeezfinest said:
^^^^
go to UIC so we can do lunch :)

I'll still do lunch with you even if I don't go there, I live close enough :) Hey actually next time you're on AIM send me an IM I gotta tell you about some recent stuff that happened with me...

Thurgood said:
Hey there Mechanix, I attended the University of Illinois down there in Champaign/Urbana a few years back. I was down there for the 2001-2002 school year and then first semester of 2002-2003. I voluntarily left (withdrew from classes in order to get a partial tuition reimbursement) due to a combination of a bunch of things, but I was studying accounting while I was down there and let's just say that was one of those things that I left because of. I may go back, I haven't decided yet, I'm leaning more towards just finishing up at UIC since I'm only 30 minutes outside of Chicago (and plus UIC has a pharmacy program, unlike UIUC for some odd reason). Oh and I would have graduated next spring, so if I go back there, everyone I know will be gone! But regardless I still go down there from time to time to visit and party with all my friends (almost all my friends from high school ended up at U of I).

yeah it was fun while it lasted, but i'm ready to get out of here. most of my friends graduated already, and most of my friends that are my year are done this semester anyway. and yeah, a ton of people from my hs went here as well. how did you like it here besides the schoolwork?

you were in accy here? i have a few friends in it. good luck at uic, the city can be a lot of fun. my gf goes there for dental school right now; i have an interview w/some company at the merc. building in a few weeks too...so i might be working there if all goes well.

I am a senior in a northern CA private university. I am studying biology, chemistry, and english. I love all three subjects, but unfortunately most of the bio classes at my school are awful. To be honest I can't wait to be done with undergrad (still have to take physics this summer though :().

ucr/college of the canyons. was computer science. now electical engineering. gonna get a minor in cs. if everythin goes well.

School : California State Univ. @ Northridge

Major : i have a double major in Journalism with emphasis in public relations and Film with emphasis in photography

Why : in high school i really got into photography and wanted to make that my life but when i got into college i found out that i could right and my new passion became PR. thinking that they complement each other in a way i decided to double major. (stupid but fun)

I attended Easter Kentucky University this year, but plan on transferring to Lexington Community Colleger, or Jefferson Community College due to my poor grades this year.

My major IS secondary ED, which is High school. I chose this because i had quite a few shitty teachers in school who didnt seem to care and didnt teach me jack shit, so instead of bitching about it i am going to do something.

On the other hand, a select few teachers were just marvelous, and i would like to reach out to some high schoolers as those teahcers did to me.

Boston College. Will receive BA's in Psychology and Philosophy this May.

Congrats to the class of 2004!

- Mella

Newcastle University

Studying Information Science. Finishing midway next year i hope :)

DePauw University (a gold star to anyone who knows where it is)
studying Philosophy

i started out an economics major, but took a philosophy class and fell in love with it ... which promptly got me cut off by my grandpa ... oh well, uncle sam is booting most of the bill anyway :)

I've decided that in leiu of a bombardment of recent chaotic events.... I am going to spend the next year at home and go to my local community school.

With 3 months into early recovery, I'm just not willing to risk throwing away the work I've done to get clean and struggle when I don't have to. I basically made the hasty choice to move to IL for my [now ex] significant anyway and should really just focus on myself for a while.

Harvard University...graduating in three weeks! I study English lit, and am going to continue doing so next year at grad school (Columbia), because I've found that writing English papers is just about the only thing I have any skill at. ;-)

anyone else from Harvard or Columbia out there?

- university of central florida
- philosophy major
-it was close and in-state tuition, of course

started in 1999. hopefully i'll finish before '06.

hey, lots of people go to school for 7 years...they're called doctors.

I'm attending Washington State University sometimes better known as WSBrew. No that we drink a lot. =D I'm studying advertising because I like playing with graphics on the computer.

Portland Community College in PDX Oregon. I like it, though it's been stressful. I'm going for an associate of arts, taking the required courses and a bit of everything. I'm not sure if I'm going to transfer to another university -- i've put off the decision for the next year or so. When I do, I'll be majoring in music composition and performance, because music is my life.

I'm from Akron, Ohio, almost went to Bowling Green, or Ohio U. Always wanted to go to OSU in high school. But unfortunately I got stuck in Florida... at the Univ. of Tampa. Darn.
LoL. I love it.

WhoLovesKitty said:
DePauw University (a gold star to anyone who knows where it is)
studying Philosophy

i started out an economics major, but took a philosophy class and fell in love with it ... which promptly got me cut off by my grandpa ... oh well, uncle sam is booting most of the bill anyway :)

somewhere in Indiana... sometimes people get it mixed up with the university I'll be attending next semester, DePaul.

Right now I'm planning on majoring in history.... possibly continuing onto law after college but I have a long time to decide that.

I chose to go to DePaul for a few reasons. I wanted to get back to the Chicagoland area, I feel most at home there. I also liked the size, location, and the fact that the school is Lib Arts. DePaul has a good reputation, and everyone I've talked to LOVES it there.

Last edited: