• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What Are You Listening To? XXVIII - Foolsgold Will Be Forever Embedded in Our Hearts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I have finished going back through my collection of Fabric compilations, it's time for something completely different.

Back to the start...... only this time it's the sibling selection.... this morning has to bear witness to the excellence that is

3ib1sG4.jpg
[/IMG]

Why thank you kindly spacejunk :)

Guessing you've seen Bound To Lose the docu re: Holy Modal Rounders?

Why thank you kindly spacejunk :)

Guessing you've seen Bound To Lose the docu re: Holy Modal Rounders?

Yeah, i re-watched it a couple of nights ago.
I think they're my favourite band of all time. Them and the Velvets.
I used to love taking silly doses of mxe and 4-aco-dmt and listening to "Eat the Moray Eels" on loop, until i was able to work out who i was again, then i'd work out where i was (generally my couch) and work my way up to a spliff.
Good times. Such a beautifully trippy record.
I named my cat after a Rounders song (Griselda) - and managed to track down Antonia, who wrote that song, with a picture of my kitteh and a letter about how much i love the songs she wrote with the Rounders. She's in a nursing home in Florida.

Got a beautiful card back from her, it's something i really treasure. Amazing people, and almost totally overlooked for the incredible music they made (Stampfel, Weber, Antonia's influence, the Fugs etc etc).

I am listening to the sound of a running creak, frogs and the occasional possum. Oh and some Bob Marley - Catch a Fire album.

[h=1]The Bill - Full Theme Tune HQ[/h]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pxOIEMODQg

Haha class. I can see those cobbles in my head.

I remember when I was a teenager my mate started learning guitar and he was really terrible. He thought he could play 'For Whom The Bell Tolls' but it sounded more like The Bill theme :D

Also - whenever me and my older brother would fight as kids, he always overpowered me and wouldn't let me go unless I agreed to go down to Sunhill haha.

Yeah, i re-watched it a couple of nights ago.
I think they're my favourite band of all time. Them and the Velvets.
I used to love taking silly doses of mxe and 4-aco-dmt and listening to "Eat the Moray Eels" on loop, until i was able to work out who i was again, then i'd work out where i was (generally my couch) and work my way up to a spliff.
Good times. Such a beautifully trippy record.
I named my cat after a Rounders song (Griselda) - and managed to track down Antonia, who wrote that song, with a picture of my kitteh and a letter about how much i love the songs she wrote with the Rounders. She's in a nursing home in Florida.

Got a beautiful card back from her, it's something i really treasure. Amazing people, and almost totally overlooked for the incredible music they made (Stampfel, Weber, Antonia's influence, the Fugs etc etc).

Awesome :D feel free to PM me a picture of the kitteh / postcard :)

I think I'll give it another watch soon, it's been a while. I really need to expand my Rounders catalogue, Ive only heard the Moray Eels album and some earlier stuff. Stampfel makes the odd appearance in London whenever Jeffrey Lewis is in town, missed out last time :(

A friend of mine got herself a selfie with him, amazing some of these guys are still alive really.

Status
Not open for further replies.