• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What Are You Listening To? XXVIII - Foolsgold Will Be Forever Embedded in Our Hearts

Status
Not open for further replies.
1HVXO8I.jpg

ahh, just can get enough - ahh just can't get enough

Never heard it before today. Upfront mix from 2010. I'd stopped going to the club regularly by then. Fairly fat =D

Just for a change

wOpGDGN.jpg

disc 2 bam bam bam

@ Arnold - totally second your comment on Jay Z -m only ever saw him once but it was at a huge Renaissance event in 2004 just as he was really blowing up - he had just done his second Essential Mix for R1 a couple of months earlier where he really let rip for the first time with regards to his fantastic and epic tapestry of sounds and, what was at the time,pioneering (no pun intended) use of the CDJ100)'s in order to do this. I knew the mix backwards by the night I saw him perform and his set was fucking Mars, well helped by the fact that he played a lot of tracks from the R1 EM which I had by now got well into - including this gorgeous Sasha mix of 'Joga Me' by Bjork - a record that I had to pay about 15 - 18 quid for when I finally tracked it down as it was only ever pressed as a promo. I havn't seen him since but I have bought a few Renaissance compilations that he mixed over the intervening years, 'Utilities' and the 2 contributions he made to the Masters collection including 'Life'. Fantastic DJ.

@ Arnold - totally second your comment on Jay Z -m only ever saw him once but it was at a huge Renaissance event in 2004 just as he was really blowing up - he had just done his second Essential Mix for R1 a couple of months earlier where he really let rip for the first time with regards to his fantastic and epic tapestry of sounds and, what was at the time,pioneering (no pun intended) use of the CDJ100)'s in order to do this. I knew the mix backwards by the night I saw him perform and his set was fucking Mars, well helped by the fact that he played a lot of tracks from the R1 EM which I had by now got well into - including this gorgeous Sasha mix of 'Joga Me' by Bjork - a record that I had to pay about 15 - 18 quid for when I finally tracked it down as it was only ever pressed as a promo. I havn't seen him since but I have bought a few Renaissance compilations that he mixed over the intervening years, 'Utilities' and the 2 contributions he made to the Masters collection including 'Life'. Fantastic DJ.

Amen

Pete Wardman KissFM I used to love listening to Pete on KissFM. Dude rocked at the time!

Love Pete saw him play at Sundissential in Birmingham a couple of times and at a HH night at the Mezzanine in Wolverhampton 'Solid Gold' in 2001.

MOzYo6T.jpg

Disc 1 off...

1ns5OtG.jpg

Yet another old release revisited but I have a good stock of these Superclub Compiliations and the last 3 months or so after going out has seen me going back through them big style.....

So this is a weird one..

I've been trying in vain to find a specific Gilles Peterson Worldwide mix, that was broadcast on 21st August 2008. I used to have it downloaded, but lost it ages ago. I've tried searching absolutely everywhere, but I cant find it, and it's driving me nuts!

Here is the tracklisting and the date of broadcast for the mix on the Radio 1 website - bbc.co.uk/radio1/gillespeterson/tracklistingarchive.shtml?20080825

Would anyone know where I can find/download this from? As I said, I've searched everywhere, archives, torrent sites, etc, but no joy.

If anyone could find this, I'd be ridiculously happy! I know it's somewhere, as I downloaded it before. Help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.