• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

weed "withdrawal" how to ease the symptoms?

People also thought there was no morphine withdrawal, none from heroin, barbiturates, amphetamines, benzos, SSRIs, dissociatives.

Nicotine withdrawal is a generally accepted phenomenon. Now I find it to be minimal. Do I need to call those struggling with it pussies?

Plain guess but did you try dissociatives? They work on NMDA receptors, which are the primary target of glutamate, the main excitatory transmitter. Blocking NMDA is different to, but shares some effects with potentiating GABAergic inhibition, for example they can make excellent anxiolytics and antidepressants.

Another option I personally would consider are - yeah - opioids. If these depression or panic bouts are heavy enough to severly interfere with living. When using oral and staying below the full euphoria, they are way easier to quit than benzos. Their withdrawal is primarily anxiogenic and can last for many months while (low) opioid is depressing and tends to have a fixed length. It can be amoreliated with dissociatives (and their rebound with benzos) but for benzos we have little.
I'm not speaking about heroin of course but maybe tianeptine 25-25-25 for 3 months or so.

I dont want to quit but cut down. I always have lots of pot and edibles around. I am going to just switch to vaping and see how that goes. Good Luck!

I dont want to quit but cut down. I always have lots of pot and edibles around. I am going to just switch to vaping and see how that goes. Good Luck!

Do you already have a vape, wally? I'm curious if you're thinking of getting oil cartridges or vaping dry herb/flowers.... if you want to go with vaping straight up weed, I gotta recommend looking into the PAX3. The hit is kind of weird... you get a decent amount of vapor without even realizing it until the exhale. The draw's pretty smooth when it's clean, the oven holds anywhere from 0.15g-0.3g depending on which oven lid you prefer (I prefer the half-oven lid that lets you efficiently vape smaller amounts), but the real kicker? I'll get two sessions per 0.2g oven, and each session leaves me higher for longer than a ~1g joint of the same weed would.

If you're looking for a dab pen, you literally cannot go wrong with the Yocan Evolve-- but I'd recommend the Yocan Evolve Plus XL, which has a huge "chamber" and 4 fucking coils. If you've got consistent access to extracts like wax then you owe it to yourself to give it a try. I haven't met or talked to a single person online who was disappointed with their Yocan.

Sounds more like you have an extremely addictive personality. I started smoking at 14 and am now 42 and I regularly stop every few months for a tolerance break
I don't sleep well the first night but that's it
Stay away from drugs if you're getting like this over pot.
Exercise is really good

I have the Yocan XL and it is awesome. The best vape I have owned for dry flower is the one I am using now, the Arizer Air II. Hardly any maintenance and really smooth.
Do you already have a vape, wally? I'm curious if you're thinking of getting oil cartridges or vaping dry herb/flowers.... if you want to go with vaping straight up weed, I gotta recommend looking into the PAX3. The hit is kind of weird... you get a decent amount of vapor without even realizing it until the exhale. The draw's pretty smooth when it's clean, the oven holds anywhere from 0.15g-0.3g depending on which oven lid you prefer (I prefer the half-oven lid that lets you efficiently vape smaller amounts), but the real kicker? I'll get two sessions per 0.2g oven, and each session leaves me higher for longer than a ~1g joint of the same weed would.

If you're looking for a dab pen, you literally cannot go wrong with the Yocan Evolve-- but I'd recommend the Yocan Evolve Plus XL, which has a huge "chamber" and 4 fucking coils. If you've got consistent access to extracts like wax then you owe it to yourself to give it a try. I haven't met or talked to a single person online who was disappointed with their Yocan.

I have the Yocan XL and it is awesome. The best vape I have owned for dry flower is the one I am using now, the Arizer Air II. Hardly any maintenance and really smooth.

Nice, man! I'm gonna have to look into the Arizer Air II. Do you find that you have to clean it often? That's the one downside with the PAX3, the intake is super tiny and gets really hard to hit after putting 4g-5g through it. That's when the iso and pipecleaners gotta come out.

If you're having real problems with cannabis withdrawal you might try kava, absorbable magnesium(Malate, chloride, taurate, glycinate, citrate...but be careful as some are laxatives at higher doses) or perhaps other relaxing herbs such as chamomile, lavender or lemongrass.

Also maybe look into hemp CBD buds as an alternative and means of stepping down/away from full on THC bud.

Last edited:
I've got an Arizer Solo 2 and I used to have an Arizer Air I. They worked, but I absolutely hate, loathe and despise the glass stems. It came with a carrying case and there are little rubber caps that fit on top of the stems but it's just not as user friendly as the Pax 3 or vape cartridges.

The only downside of the Pax 3 that I know of is that Apple pulled all vape related apps from the App Store.

Tom

I hear you, but I still say Kava might really help. I have been so less bothered about weed use since taking up daily kava drinking, after being a proper daily dependant both medical and recreational cannabis user since 1997.

I could easily give up weed for kava, except that I use both as I still depend on the medicinal, especially digestive system, properties and benefits of cannabis.

But in terms of the whole craving side of the weed high, Kava really helps massive.y there, as it is widely reputed to do so for many other addictive substances, especially alcohol.

I also can't say enough good things about kava, which I find superior to cannabis in many ways. Much less anxiogenic and demotivating, while providing a short, subtle, relaxing, social buzz.

Kava actually has a kavalactone that interacts with the endocannabinoid system, specifically CB1 receptors.... Also other plants and herbs that also effect the endocannaboniod system..

Last edited:
Everyone else always said this about how you don't dream when stoned but they all smoked it with tobacco. I never smoked it with tobacco and I always dreamed just fine
As far as I know its nothing to do with tobacco. I think weed prevents rem sleep and thus the frequency of dreams. Whatever the cause its safe to say that its the weed causing this issue, rather than tobacco. Otherwise smokers would experience similar effects, which they don't.

Exercise, kava root, alkalized water, eating healthy, meditation, a routine ect ive been there, good luck!

As far as I know its nothing to do with tobacco. I think weed prevents rem sleep and thus the frequency of dreams. Whatever the cause its safe to say that its the weed causing this issue, rather than tobacco. Otherwise smokers would experience similar effects, which they don't.

Weed causes a release of Melatonin and smoking a lot will deplete your reserve and make your sleep worse, and also mess with your circadian rhythm because of this.
After a while your body will rebalance itself provided you manage to go to sleep at about the same hour every night.

Agreed. I stopped smoking tobacco 13 years ago, smoke weed every day still, mostly bongs now. I dont dream much at all unless i mess with my meds or sleep for ages (guess the weed wears off).

I've quit both many times, and always get vivid dreams for the 3-4 days after I stop smoking weed. Never experienced it with tobacco though. I have noticed its only chronic use that really suppresses dreams. And perhaps even more influentially, smoking within a few hours of bedtime. Even when I smoked heavily all day everyday, if I didn't/couldn't smoke for 3-4 hours before bed my dreams would be more vivid and intense.

When i 1000 years ago get my boundless cf i really know what tobacco makes. Without it it is a nice high, you smell the grass more intense but I'm not getting reallly stoned - but I have to get to sleep properly. Thats why I use my vape very seldom and roll my joint with 1/3 tobacco and 2/3 weed.

JJ

If that was the case how do u explain the fact I dreamed fine while smoking only weed?

If that was the case how do u explain the fact I dreamed fine while smoking only weed?
I don't know without further information. Everyone is different, maybe you didn't smoke a huge amount, maybe your bodies pharmacology/biochemistry is slightly different to the average persons, the factors involved are huge. But I can't say that MOST people experience a decrease in dreams while smoking heavily. You have a habit of proclaiming your opinions and experiences as fact with little to nothing backing it up. I'm sure it's not the first time me and you have disagreed on your opinions.