• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

weed "withdrawal" how to ease the symptoms?

Chillibambilly

Greenlighter
So Ive been smoking weed for about 10 years, about 2-7g a day.
It is maybe worth noting that I am 25 yrs old and struggled with depression like symptoms for like 13 years. (Never went to a doctor though)
Now Ive decided to stop for obvious reasons, for example the fact that you kinda wanna smoke to "be happier"(to put it in an easy way) but longterm it just fuels your depressions cause you are lazy and tired as fuck.
Another reason is an upcoming test for work which kinda forced me to just stop from one day to another.(and i want to get my shit together anway).

But after some days of not touching any weed ( i did even drink and do coke without relapsing) I get some crazy panic "moments" , not super hard panic attack shit but still very irritating, and i feel like nothing is fun or worth doing anymore. And naturally i am in fear of relapsing, which is no option if i wanna get that job that was offered to me.

My First question would be, how did you deal with recovering from a weed addiction?
What to use best to ease the stress?

And yes, even though its not some opiate or benzo, i do think it is a serious addiction which can ruin your life if you get lost in it.

Second point:
I got my hands on some xanax and some stilnoct and went out to get some cbd (mainly to deal with the "joint smoking" part of the addiction, which honestly is one nasty habit even though i also smoke cigarettes).

Usually id only take 0.5 of xanax to ehnhance the chill like once a month, but now i find that even 1 mg will not really calm me down, it just kinda makes my muscles a bit sleepy (which could also just be the cbd im smoking).

smoking cbd joints helped at first but now it only feels like an expensive cigarette with little to no return.

So theres the stilnoct left which i haven tried yet, and have no real idea how to dose.

Is xanax+stilnoct working?
Is adding cbd joints/oil a good idea?
I mean too much muscle relaxant doesnt sound that smart to me. Especially with benzos in the mix.
Maybe you guys have some thoughts to share. I'd be glad to hear some different opinions.

I smoked weed from the age of around 13 until I was about 29-30. I'm 32 now. I had a 2 year break around 2011-2012 where i drank a lot, took sleeping pills and smoked more cigarettes than normal. I also smoked weed about 5 times during this 2 year period.
I also had 1 month in rehab (not for weed) where I was on diazepam and promethazine for sleep.
So in my experience benzos worked pretty well but the best thing both these times was TIME. give it a good few weeks. You will be fine

Benzos should deal with the panic moments you describe. I'd lay off the cbd and just smoke normal roll ups.
Not sure what the other med u talked about is.

Come on, go away from the xanax and stilnox - they are much worse than Cannabis. Try to do something that makes fun or is interesting for you. Normally a weed-"withdrawal" lasts a few days with sweating and sleeping problems. Try to breathe man, you are not close to death! :D

I did this a lot of times and I'm smoking Cannabis for 23 years, so you will do it, too! :) Don't panic!

JJ

Have you tried 5htp? Super relaxing and with some uplfting, mental euphoric feeling.

Or kava? Great stuff,, apart from the fact that it specifically helps with withdrawal symptoms from all sorts of drugs, it is completely non physically addictive itself and also is psychoactive and for me I could easily give up cannabis in place of kava despite being daily use of cannabis for 23 years.

Kava is a medicinal herb similar to cannabis with so many different cultivars like different strains with varying psychoactive and medicinal compound makeup and different effect profiles accordingly.

It can be taken and left and is used in the case of benzodiazepine and heroin withdrawal for example. It's also thoroughly enjoyable and pleasant.

Another option if you could find the sustained discipline and motivation you could gradually taper down to smaller and smaller amounts over several weeks in order to really minimise the withdrawal symptoms or start taking more days off a week like 2 out of 3 re then just using the smaller amount and after several weeks you will be used to being without and it should be much much easier than a complete cold turkey break, which would be psychologically harmful for myself in the past it has resulted in extremely severe and increasing the deepening depressive state which becomes more harmful to my health than using a bit of Pot lol!

So by these stages I would vaporize a little weed and well suddenly it's like all of my problems in life were fixed and I regained my health and mental uprightness and positive outlook immediately with a renewed enjoyment for cannabis at the same time.

Thanks guys i appreciate the tips.
About the panic: it's not that i couldnt handle it because of "withdrawal" symptoms, but it is the fear of starting to smoke and falling into a hole (of depression) again, which kinda freaks me out.

To answer weed "withdrawal" how to ease the symptoms?

The easiest and quickest way?

Stop being a pussy.

Other than that? Get a hobby, exercise, cook your own healthy food, stick your face in your preferred genitalia, etc.

Me: "i have a problem"
You: " just be better"

wow thanks for nothing. (And calling me a pussy on the internet ha ha)

So Ive been smoking weed for about 10 years, about 2-7g a day.
It is maybe worth noting that I am 25 yrs old and struggled with depression like symptoms for like 13 years. (Never went to a doctor though)
Now Ive decided to stop for obvious reasons, for example the fact that you kinda wanna smoke to "be happier"(to put it in an easy way) but longterm it just fuels your depressions cause you are lazy and tired as fuck.
Another reason is an upcoming test for work which kinda forced me to just stop from one day to another.(and i want to get my shit together anway).

But after some days of not touching any weed ( i did even drink and do coke without relapsing) I get some crazy panic "moments" , not super hard panic attack shit but still very irritating, and i feel like nothing is fun or worth doing anymore. And naturally i am in fear of relapsing, which is no option if i wanna get that job that was offered to me.

My First question would be, how did you deal with recovering from a weed addiction?
What to use best to ease the stress?

And yes, even though its not some opiate or benzo, i do think it is a serious addiction which can ruin your life if you get lost in it.

Second point:
I got my hands on some xanax and some stilnoct and went out to get some cbd (mainly to deal with the "joint smoking" part of the addiction, which honestly is one nasty habit even though i also smoke cigarettes).

Usually id only take 0.5 of xanax to ehnhance the chill like once a month, but now i find that even 1 mg will not really calm me down, it just kinda makes my muscles a bit sleepy (which could also just be the cbd im smoking).

smoking cbd joints helped at first but now it only feels like an expensive cigarette with little to no return.

So theres the stilnoct left which i haven tried yet, and have no real idea how to dose.

Is xanax+stilnoct working?
Is adding cbd joints/oil a good idea?
I mean too much muscle relaxant doesnt sound that smart to me. Especially with benzos in the mix.
Maybe you guys have some thoughts to share. I'd be glad to hear some different opinions.
I found benzos just intensify cravings.
There really is no substance that helps weed withdrawal, there's no methadone type equivalent to reduce the THC craving apart from maybe maybe CBD.the only other possibility is echinacea and I'm unsure if it helps but if you give it a try I'd like to hear how it goes.

Try restavit or phenergen at night.probably better than stillnox (less enjoyable but less likely to cause a relapse)

@Chillibambilly If it's sleep you have trouble with after stopping (one of my hardest problems when I stopped, especially since I was already diagnosed with insomnia) I used to get zopiclone(similar to zolpidem) prescribed, also temazepam(quite similar to Xanax). But 100mg of regular over the counter nytol/tesco/boots sleep aids (diphenhydramine aka dph) worked better. Phenergan aka promethazine also worked just as well. You could also try valerian root which again you can buy in shops cheap.

Buy really bad grown weed, buds covered with mildow, not completely dry and smoke it. Slooooooowly. Until the end!! :D You will never smoke a Joint again, believe me. :D

JJ

Thanks guys i appreciate the tips.
About the panic: it's not that i couldnt handle it because of "withdrawal" symptoms, but it is the fear of starting to smoke and falling into a hole (of depression) again, which kinda freaks me out.

hey,

you THINK it freaks you out. Of course it is not nice to cannot really sleep and sweat the whole night, but compared to what a lot of mates here are trough, this is just kindegarden, I'm sorry! I know if by myself, like I said before. Lasts 3,4 nights.I would not recommend to take z-benzos or anything else - If you are not consuming anything else, WTF ist the problem? What makes you scared?

JJ

I've smoked catnip to get rid of the sweating you get when you wuit smoking weed. It actually works, and if you smoke much you get soothing feeling :)

Be prepared for the nightmares though, since you don't really dream when you smoke daily, it's like all the dreams are coming at once when you stop.

Be prepared for the nightmares though, since you don't really dream when you smoke daily, it's like all the dreams are coming at once when you stop.

Everyone else always said this about how you don't dream when stoned but they all smoked it with tobacco. I never smoked it with tobacco and I always dreamed just fine

hey,

you THINK it freaks you out. Of course it is not nice to cannot really sleep and sweat the whole night, but compared to what a lot of mates here are trough, this is just kindegarden, I'm sorry! I know if by myself, like I said before. Lasts 3,4 nights.I would not recommend to take z-benzos or anything else - If you are not consuming anything else, WTF ist the problem? What makes you scared?

JJ

I've actually tried to explain that im not experiencing any full blown panic attacks (which i had like 2 and a half over a short period of time some years ago).
I was just asking for some advice.
Also i never asked for a comparision to any other drug(with real whitdrawal symptoms).

My life hasnt been very "successful" until some time ago and starting to smoke again now feels like throwing it all away.
My title could've also been:
what did you do to not start smoking pot again. Easier i guess than using the word "withdrawal" which i really dont like to use with weed.