• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

weed "withdrawal" how to ease the symptoms?

Me: "i have a problem"
You: " just be better"

wow thanks for nothing. (And calling me a pussy on the internet ha ha)
You must've missed the part that came after.

Yet, my first suggestion will still work.

Me: "i have a problem"
You: " just be better"

wow thanks for nothing. (And calling me a pussy on the internet ha ha)
He means well. Having gone through weed withdrawal a few times myself (now one month clean from it) it really does come down to finding things to do. When you’re bored and wanna smoke just go on a run or cook some food or something. It’s the only effective thing

Bro your not a pussy I understand addiction comes in all forms but I used to suck dick for coke. I think you got this

THC withdrawals are caused by cannabis receptor downregulation that occurs when you stop using the drug. Its like any other downregulation WD symptoms you would get from, like, opiates, benzos, alcohol, coke, nicotine, speed, etc., etc. They all involve different neurotransmitters, but the principal is the same, you just need time to let your neurotransmiters readjust now that you don't have artificially raised transmitters from using everyday. Cannabis is one of the easier and less uncomfortable drugs to WD from.

˄. What Shady said. Find things to keep you busy and mentally distracted. Time passes faster when occupied and before you know it you'll be over it.

I found benzos just intensify cravings.
There really is no substance that helps weed withdrawal, there's no methadone type equivalent to reduce the THC craving apart from maybe maybe CBD.the only other possibility is echinacea and I'm unsure if it helps but if you give it a try I'd like to hear how it goes.
I hear you, but I still say Kava might really help. I have been so less bothered about weed use since taking up daily kava drinking, after being a proper daily dependant both medical and recreational cannabis user since 1997.

I could easily give up weed for kava, except that I use both as I still depend on the medicinal, especially digestive system, properties and benefits of cannabis.

But in terms of the whole craving side of the weed high, Kava really helps massive.y there, as it is widely reputed to do so for many other addictive substances, especially alcohol.

I'm sorry. When I was growing up, "stop being a pussy" was a common turn of phrase meaning a wide range of things. I say it to my closest friends and newest acquaintances . I guess in this instance I mostly meant is, "this is simply a case of mind over matter", surely a psychonaut of your order can understand.

Last edited:
To answer weed "withdrawal" how to ease the symptoms?

The easiest and quickest way?

Stop being a pussy.

Other than that? Get a hobby, exercise, cook your own healthy food, stick your face in your preferred genitalia, etc.

This is pretty blunt but ultimately correct.

Weed has no physical withdrawal or dependence. It's purely psychological.

Do I get depressed when I run out of weed? (at least in the past, when I smoked it 15 years straight). Yes, it does make me depressed....

But you need to realize it's purely psychological. Go do something else productive. You'll feel fine.

There is really no such thing as weed withdrawal... just like nobody has suffered from LSD or mushroom withdrawals... you just miss being high on weed and it was a habit. Time to form new habits.

Trust me weed "withdrawal" compared to a REAL drug withdrawal is absolutely nothing.

Everyone else always said this about how you don't dream when stoned but they all smoked it with tobacco. I never smoked it with tobacco and I always dreamed just fine

Hmm, okay that's really interesting actually! Maybe it has something to do with smoking the tobacco without a filter?

I'm sorry. When I was growing up, "stop being a pussy" was a common turn of phrase meaning a wide range of things. I say it to my closest friends and newest acquaintances . I guess in this instance I mostly meant is, "this is simply a case of mind over matter", surely a psychonaut of your order can understand.
I hear you. I overreacted an apologize.

Thanks alot guys for all the answers. I guess i just needed to hear some different opinions on this in a moment of stress.
After all it is really not that hard.
Besides an occasional sleeping help (zolpidem, maybe a xanax) I'm not taking anything.
I can definitely recommend cbd to get over the first few days and when you get the cravings. And to slowly drop that joint-smoking habit.(and i feel like it really helps the coming down from coke, maybe some hybrid would even work better, but that's not my time to find out)

Buy really bad grown weed, buds covered with mildow, not completely dry and smoke it. Slooooooowly. Until the end!! :D You will never smoke a Joint again, believe me. :D

JJ

I feel like you're joking, but this would actually be really good advice if you had mentioned CBD bud instead of moldy bud.

Also, let's all agree to disagree about whether or not marijuana can cause addiction and dependency (not singling you out, Joe, just speaking generally now.) The discussion always comes to a grinding halt early on because some people can't seem to grasp that another person's experience that contradicts their own is still 100% valid, and it almost always devolves into name-calling and dick-measuring... and yeah, sometimes that's fun, but not for the dude who's genuinely seeking help for something he considers a problem in his life.

Last edited:
THC binds to receptor CB1, and is involved in cannaboid tolerance, and upregulation and downregulation of canniboids. Whether pots addictive and whether there is pot withdrawal can be argued all day long, I don't really know, but pot use definitely effects the cannaboid nuerotransmitter system.

Drink beer if you can't get off weed I drink Budweiser when I int got any

Seriously, try Salvia Nemorosa. It's an excellent cannabis substitute, available at any store that carries plants, contains compounds with significant CB2 receptor binding iirc. Its ubiquitous, relaxing, and even causes munchies. It's more effective than CBD ime. Smoking dried flowers is effective, as is quidding flower spires. It makes a nice tea as well, just make sure not to use tap water.

I go on and off weed a few times a year now and it's not a big deal, a bit of a runny nose maybe and insomnia.

Long ago I learned to just rest in a still position with my eyes closed and I don't need much more than sugar and caffeine to handle my day. It's not sleep, but the body and eyes don't suffer the fatigue and my mind isn't going to sleep anyway so I solve world hunger or do complex math. This usually evolves directly into lucid dreams for a week with above average recall.