• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Tolerance weed anxiety i didn't have before

Indica dominant strains and indica are all my best friend can smoke because sativa makes her anxious and paranoid. I only smoke the same because sativa turns on my chronic pain and makes it 10000x worse

strain matters
True, but another determining factor in the cannabinoid profile of any particular bud is at what point during flowering the bud is harvested. You see, the trichomes first appear white/milky, but as flowering continues, they become reddish orange as will the pistils (the wispy hairs on cannabis buds that are the female genitalia of the plant), and roughly when 2/3 to 3/4 of the pistils have become red, the buds should be harvested, dried, and cured. If they are plucked a little early, the buds will have a higher THC concentration and lowered CBD and CBN levels. However, if harvested late, the opposite occurs – some of the THC gives way CBD and CBN, and the bud tends to be more of a couch-locker.

Additionally, waiting later to harvest produces more/heavier buds simply due to the extra grow time, and—seeing dollar signs—many growers opt to wait later to harvest. So while strains and genetics do matter greatly, so can the talent and intent of the grower. It's been my experience that it's best not to listen to whether Leafly or whomever lists it as a "sativa" or an "indica"—which btw means fuck all; the person who breeds the new strain simply smokes it and then subjectively decides how to label it: sativa, indica, or hybrid; it's not scientific at all; and anyway "indica" is a subspecies of C. sativa, so it's proper name is C. sativa indica, but I digress… But so I prefer to try actually smoking a new strain for myself and deciding if I like the way it hits me or not.

Also I think ppl get carried away with thinking one strain of weed could possibly be but so radically different from another, lol. It's ridiculous to think that, in my opinion, and I attribute many of the anecdotes claiming the opposite is true to be the product of placebo + wishful thinking. People tell me they like smoking stimulating bud, not sleepy bud, and I'm thinking: maybe what you really want is a CNS stimulant, and not weed at all… Cannabis effects are only going to vary but so much; let's be honest here.

True, but another determining factor in the cannabinoid profile of any particular bud is at what point during flowering the bud is harvested. You see, the trichomes first appear white/milky, but as flowering continues, they become reddish orange as will the pistils (the wispy hairs on cannabis buds that are the female genitalia of the plant), and roughly when 2/3 to 3/4 of the pistils have become red, the buds should be harvested, dried, and cured. If they are plucked a little early, the buds will have a higher THC concentration and lowered CBD and CBN levels. However, if harvested late, the opposite occurs – some of the THC gives way CBD and CBN, and the bud tends to be more of a couch-locker.

Additionally, waiting later to harvest produces more/heavier buds simply due to the extra grow time, and—seeing dollar signs—many growers opt to wait later to harvest. So while strains and genetics do matter greatly, so can the talent and intent of the grower. It's been my experience that it's best not to listen to whether Leafly or whomever lists it as a "sativa" or an "indica"—which btw means fuck all; the person who breeds the new strain simply smokes it and then subjectively decides how to label it: sativa, indica, or hybrid; it's not scientific at all; and anyway "indica" is a subspecies of C. sativa, so it's proper name is C. sativa indica, but I digress… But so I prefer to try actually smoking a new strain for myself and deciding if I like the way it hits me or not.

Also I think ppl get carried away with thinking one strain of weed could possibly be but so radically different from another, lol. It's ridiculous to think that, in my opinion, and I attribute many of the anecdotes claiming the opposite is true to be the product of placebo + wishful thinking. People tell me they like smoking stimulating bud, not sleepy bud, and I'm thinking: maybe what you really want is a CNS stimulant, and not weed at all… Cannabis effects are only going to vary but so much; let's be honest here.
I took a couple hits off joint a few weeks ago without thinking and within minutes my trigeminal neuralgia pain had come on so strong I had to leave and go home.
My friend initially did not know what it was
turned out to be sour diesel
it was miserable

I have to stay with a hybrid that is indica dominant 70% at least

it doesnt mean fuck all if you have a debilitating chronic pain condition

edited to add stay with an indica or indica dominant hybrid

we used to have a toke or 2 of several weaker varieties in the 70's, one after the other.
each one was different and better than the previous no matter what order we 'tested' them.
now they are all too strong to check into that type of weird science experiment.

Here is my take as someone with decades of pot experience: It is one of the safest drugs you can use, but it still has significant risks. I started at 13 and it stunted my emotional development. I strongly believe that to be true, so start smoking later in life. If you are waking and baking, smoking 'round the clock, that will ultimately be problematic. Pot is safe, IMO, if you just smoke a bit at night. I do believe that smoking 'round the clock, or too much will increase anxiety.

Now where it is safer: I started smoking again, after a 20 year break, 5 years ago. I eventually was smoking around the clock and decided this action was unwise and cut back to only using at night. Doing so was easy. A month ago my wife and I found our 14 year old son vaping weed, so in support of him I stopped altogether. Again it was surprisingly easy. Since doing so was surprisingly easy, I now have a few puffs at night, but can take it or leave it.

The above is my experience, YMMV.

little brutes
DEtGDLF.jpg

I took a couple hits off joint a few weeks ago without thinking and within minutes my trigeminal neuralgia pain had come on so strong I had to leave and go home.
My friend initially did not know what it was
turned out to be sour diesel
it was miserable
So would you say it's safe to assume that what you need in order to benefit from THC consumption is some CBD to balance things out for you? In other words, what do you think it is specifically that's different about so-called indicas and indica-dominant hybrids, compared to so-called sativas, that doesn't flare up your trigeminal neuralgia pain? Do you think it would be safe for you to first take an oral dose of CBD before smoking anything like Sour D. in the future?

I have to stay with a hybrid that is indica dominant 70% at least
Again, this isn't based on actual science yet, the whole "sativa versus indica" concept. It's really more of a marketing strategy with a loose foundation in quasi-scientific taxonomy. So I'm not sure how you ascertain this 70% indica minimum. Also, are you not at all concerned that you're sort of prepping your nervous system by insisted that you "have to stay with a hybrid that is indica dominant"? Do you at all believe in the power over the nervous system that self-communication can render. the power of suggestion, or the concept that all words are incantations in a manner of speaking?

it doesnt mean fuck all if you have a debilitating chronic pain condition
Yeah I'm sure. I'm sorry to hear of your condition. You know, the chemist who invented MXE did so because they were experiencing phantom limb pain, which I understand is a form of neuralgia. They said dissos (like Ketamine and PCP analogues/homologues) actually offered some relief.

yesterday was one of those days where every time i smoked, i felt like i was getting too high - or should i say it was an uncomfortable high

i have no idea why that happens sometimes either

So would you say it's safe to assume that what you need in order to benefit from THC consumption is some CBD to balance things out for you? In other words, what do you think it is specifically that's different about so-called indicas and indica-dominant hybrids, compared to so-called sativas, that doesn't flare up your trigeminal neuralgia pain? Do you think it would be safe for you to first take an oral dose of CBD before smoking anything like Sour D. in the future?

Again, this isn't based on actual science yet, the whole "sativa versus indica" concept. It's really more of a marketing strategy with a loose foundation in quasi-scientific taxonomy. So I'm not sure how you ascertain this 70% indica minimum. Also, are you not at all concerned that you're sort of prepping your nervous system by insisted that you "have to stay with a hybrid that is indica dominant"? Do you at all believe in the power over the nervous system that self-communication can render. the power of suggestion, or the concept that all words are incantations in a manner of speaking?

Yeah I'm sure. I'm sorry to hear of your condition. You know, the chemist who invented MXE did so because they were experiencing phantom limb pain, which I understand is a form of neuralgia. They said dissos (like Ketamine and PCP analogues/homologues) actually offered some relief.
indica plants have more CBD in them then sativa which may be one of the reasons why they are less of a problem. I know it’s not psychosomatic because I have bought weed that I thought was indica and ended up in pain and then my back up dealer was very apologetic because he thought what he was giving me was an indica dom. And it was not. Ive with the same grower for the past million years and throughout that time my weed preferences have changed

I used to love the sativia it was great for going to school and getting stuff done and then after the pain problem I slowly started to realize that smoking was like playing russian roulette. I smoked almost more often with other people then I did alone and I never knew what it was going to make me feel. I even considered stopping and I have smoked since I was in junior high and Im 37. Weed didn’t even have names that we knew of back when I started smoking but there was always indica and sativa.

If you see if growing you can tell which is which in the way the bushes look.

I don’t understand what you mean by this is a marketing strategy weed is one thing that has never had to be marketed lol.

You ascertain that it is 70% indica by knowing the grower. Having him talk your ear off about his clones and showing you his babies weed growers are the proudest fathers in the world. He even grows cbd only plants and CBD weed it doesn’t get you high. Didn’t do anything positive or negative for me.
this whole it isnt based on science the indica vs sativa is baffling to me
they are different species of plant
Cannabis indica originated in the Middle East, in places such as Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Tibet.
Cannabis sativa comes from warmer parts of the world, such as Southeast Asia and Central and South America.

Both growers and nature have created hybrid forms of both Cannabis sativa and Cannabis indica throughout the long history of humans’ use of cannabis

Cannabis sativa
and Cannabis indica have different botanical properties.

edited to add; ketmamine infusions are supposed to help but because they still are considered experimental I have to wait for my insurance to cover them
I have done a lot of ketamine but not since I have had this pain problem I am on the lookout for it though I would do that in a heartbeat

indica plants have more CBD in them then sativa which may be one of the reasons why they are less of a problem.
That's what I'm saying and why I asked if it would help to dose CBD before smoking a "sativa-leaning" strain.
I know it’s not psychosomatic because I have bought weed that I thought was indica and ended up in pain and then my back up dealer was very apologetic because he thought what he was giving me was an indica dom. And it was not. Ive with the same grower for the past million years and throughout that time my weed preferences have changed

I used to love the sativia it was great for going to school and getting stuff done and then after the pain problem I slowly started to realize that smoking was like playing russian roulette. I smoked almost more often with other people then I did alone and I never knew what it was going to make me feel. I even considered stopping and I have smoked since I was in junior high and Im 37. Weed didn’t even have names that we knew of back when I started smoking but there was always indica and sativa.
I know. I'm a few years older than you and have been smoking weed since I was 14. We had shwag weed/regs/reggie miller, midgrade buds/beasters, and then dank bud/kind bud. Even within "shwag" there was "ditch weed", "brick weed", "lobster", etc. Blunts became super popular around that time. Those were the days, lol, but not really if you consider all the stems and seeds… Anyway, if you say it's not psychosomatic, I believe you.
If you see if growing you can tell which is which in the way the bushes look.
I've grown quite a bit of bud. I get what you're saying, and certainly "sativas" grow tall and "indicas" grow squat and tight. But so even if sativa leaves are thin and indica leaves are thick, they both still grow the same kind of five-fingered fan leaves. They operate under the same principles, biologically, and Idk if it's enough difference to be a separate species or not. There is debate. See: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6225593/
I don’t understand what you mean by this is a marketing strategy weed is one thing that has never had to be marketed lol.
Are you not aware how much marketing goes into marijuana each year? The whole field has exploded with marketing, branding, and sales. Just search for "marijuana marketing" in your favorite search site and you'll see what I mean.
You ascertain that it is 70% indica by knowing the grower. Having him talk your ear off about his clones and showing you his babies weed growers are the proudest fathers in the world.
Not everyone has this luxury, and it still doesn't mean the grower knows the exact percent profile of the cannabinoids in his plants. Most growers won't, nor would I expect them to. Also worth noting: weed growers can be proud mothers, too :)
He even grows cbd only plants and CBD weed it doesn’t get you high. Didn’t do anything positive or negative for me.
this whole it isnt based on science the indica vs sativa is baffling to me
Baffle not: Genetic tools weed out misconceptions of strain reliability in Cannabis Sativa: implications for a budding industry.
they are different species of plant
I just did some searching around to see what's up and if anything has changed recently regarding the topic of "Cannabis indica" and whether it should be classified as a separate species or just a subspecies of C. sativa called "Cannabis sativa indica". I see good arguments both ways. It appears it was all considered C. sativa until the 1970s when defendants in court for C. sativa possession charges tried the defense that what they actually possessed was Cannabis indica not the specified C. sativa per legislation in some jurisdictions. This lent a sort of false authority to the new labelling which spilled over into the taxonomical practices of horticulturalists & such.

Anyway, they haven't fully mapped all genomes for Cannabis, from what I understand. The naming of new strains as "sativa", "indica", or "hybrid" is done somewhat arbitrarily. But don't take my word for it. Look it up – there are shitloads of articles out there that talk about this. I'm basing much of what I'm saying here on knowledge gained from reading Cannabis – A Complete Guide by Ernest Small. Leafly has some good articles that talk about efforts for the cannabis industry to adopt new standards and scientifically map strain genetics.

Last edited:
don't forget nearly every strain out there now is a hybrid

not too many landrace strains out there being run by anybody beyond a serious breeder who travels to foreign lands to find landrace strains only to cross them into the next hybrid

Interesting fact to derail some of the indica vs sativa debate is that the idea there are distinct indicas and sativas is now just pseudoscience as it's not really possible to traverse the family tree of each strain back to its original "indica" or "sativa" ancestor, many have been crossed back and forth and with ruddy strains to such an extend that it's just bro science.

Many so-called "indica" strains have high THC and low CBD or vice versa so it's not an accurate way to categorise them other than maybe visually in terms of colour, height, ideal growth conditions etc. But it has no real impact on the effects of a particular strain, it's more the individual properties of the strain than their categorisation that makes a difference.

What matters in my experience is dosage, ROA and balance of CBD & THC, I'm sure other cannabinoids and other factors also matter but those are the ones where I have the most experience.

I get intense anxiety with high-THC strains, particularly when smoked as it's impossible to properly control dosage. I darent use edibles these days because there's really no going back if you fuck up your dose.

I find wet and dry vaping to be the best methods with the most control. My favoured option is wet vaping with my own balance of CBD and THC e-liquids. They're of known strength, consistent, and I can adjust the balance as desired. It can be helpful to have sublingually dosed CBD like a spray on hand to calm things down if I get it wrong.

That's what I'm saying and why I asked if it would help to dose CBD before smoking a "sativa-leaning" strain.

I know. I'm a few years older than you and have been smoking weed since I was 14. We had shwag weed/regs/reggie miller, midgrade buds/beasters, and then dank bud/kind bud. Even within "shwag" there was "ditch weed", "brick weed", "lobster", etc. Blunts became super popular around that time. Those were the days, lol, but not really if you consider all the stems and seeds… Anyway, if you say it's not psychosomatic, I believe you.

I've grown quite a bit of bud. I get what you're saying, and certainly "sativas" grow tall and "indicas" grow squat and tight. But so even if sativa leaves are thin and indica leaves are thick, they both still grow the same kind of five-fingered fan leaves. They operate under the same principles, biologically, and Idk if it's enough difference to be a separate species or not. There is debate. See: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6225593/

Are you not aware how much marketing goes into marijuana each year? The whole field has exploded with marketing, branding, and sales. Just search for "marijuana marketing" in your favorite search site and you'll see what I mean.

Not everyone has this luxury, and it still doesn't mean the grower knows the exact percent profile of the cannabinoids in his plants. Most growers won't, nor would I expect them to. Also worth noting: weed growers can be proud mothers, too :)

Baffle not: Genetic tools weed out misconceptions of strain reliability in Cannabis Sativa: implications for a budding industry.

I just did some searching around to see what's up and if anything has changed recently regarding the topic of "Cannabis indica" and whether it should be classified as a separate species or just a subspecies of C. sativa called "Cannabis sativa indica". I see good arguments both ways. It appears it was all considered C. sativa until the 1970s when defendants in court for C. sativa possession charges tried the defense that what they actually possessed was Cannabis indica not the specified C. sativa per legislation in some jurisdictions. This lent a sort of false authority to the new labelling which spilled over into the taxonomical practices of horticulturalists & such.

Anyway, they haven't fully mapped all genomes for Cannabis, from what I understand. The naming of new strains as "sativa", "indica", or "hybrid" is done somewhat arbitrarily. But don't take my word for it. Look it up – there are shitloads of articles out there that talk about this. I'm basing much of what I'm saying here on knowledge gained from reading Cannabis – A Complete Guide by Ernest Small. Leafly has some good articles that talk about efforts for the cannabis industry to adopt new standards and scientifically map strain genetics.
Read this post after posting lol glad someone said it