• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Tolerance weed anxiety i didn't have before

Your brain is not fully unraveled. It is a calmness. The way you think you should be feeling from weed is the way a benzo will make you feel. Stop with the weed. It’s not working. Find something else
i don’t use weed for anxiety but thank you

i use it for pleasure mainly. or for hyperfocusing on video games/live sports

Worthi83 said:
It feels so much better to take a benzo than to smoke week. Benzos leave no anxiety. Weed makes you feel wierd and full of anxiety.

It depends what you want.

I much prefer marijuana because it is creative and inspiring and it liberates my anxiety and my depression. It frees me.

That's not how I would describe benzos.

They free me emotionally to the point I am a mess. I put up a strong front most of the time, but I've been through a lot of trauma. Underneath it all, is a broken man. I don't like taking down all the barriers and being proud of that person. I want to fix him. Exposing him, naked, to the world. That's not going to fix him.

Numbing myself is not going to fix me either.

For the same reason, I don't like opiates that much.

I've dabbled.

I was addicted to heroin for a short period of time (maybe six months) then methadone for twice as long.

Looking back, it feels like when I was on H I was on pause.

Weed is like that, to some extent.

Weed is alcohol/heroin, relative to other psychedelics... because of the increased potential for abuse.

It's not a coincidence that very few people consume LSD/psilocybin on a daily basis.

Marijuana is a drug that lends itself to (semi) functional addicts. People that have kids. People that have full time jobs. People that have mortgages.

It's not that hard to do the grind if you drink alcohol every day or if you smoke weed every day.

I can hold that carrot in front of me for 8 hours.

Benzos and amphetamines are hollow drugs. They take something away from me. Opiates, too, to some extent... but nodding is beautiful.

Weed is an unusual psych. It takes away from my life because I abuse it, but it has a lot to offer.

Benzos are a band-aid solution to a problem that doesn't need to exist. Cannabis, relatively, is divine. There is no comparison IMO.

There's nothing wrong with cocaine either. People just abuse it.

Benzos literally turn off a part of your brain.

Weed makes it impossible to relax if a particular part of your brain needs unravelling and is otherwise being neglected.

The good thing about psychedelics in general is: they insist upon people looking inwards and fixing themselves. They aren't sedatives. The psychedelic experience isn't escapism.

Unfortunately, people abuse psychs for recreational purposes. They ignore God while basking in his/her glory. I have done this. It's hard to resist.

All drugs have the potential for abuse.
What do you think weed does. Why do you think there is memory loss. Whether straight from the plant or the plant turned into a pill it’s the same just affects different parts of the brain and body.

I don't get memory loss unless I abuse this plant.
Same goes for alcohol and many other drugs.

Driving on benzos is a good indication of how detrimental they are to your cognitive abilities. (I'm not suggesting you conduct this experiment.)

It depends what you want.

I much prefer marijuana because it is creative and inspiring and it liberates my anxiety and my depression. It frees me.

That's not how I would describe benzos.

They free me emotionally to the point I am a mess. I put up a strong front most of the time, but I've been through a lot of trauma. Underneath it all, is a broken man. I don't like taking down all the barriers and being proud of that person. I want to fix him. Exposing him, naked, to the world. That's not going to fix him.

Numbing myself is not going to fix me either.

For the same reason, I don't like opiates that much.

I've dabbled.

I was addicted to heroin for a short period of time (maybe six months) then methadone for twice as long.

Looking back, it feels like when I was on H I was on pause.

Weed is like that, to some extent.

Weed is alcohol/heroin, relative to other psychedelics... because of the increased potential for abuse.

It's not a coincidence that very few people consume LSD/psilocybin on a daily basis.

Marijuana is a drug that lends itself to (semi) functional addicts. People that have kids. People that have full time jobs. People that have mortgages.

It's not that hard to do the grind if you drink alcohol every day or if you smoke weed every day.

I can hold that carrot in front of me for 8 hours.

Benzos and amphetamines are hollow drugs. They take something away from me. Opiates, too, to some extent... but nodding is beautiful.

Weed is an unusual psych. It takes away from my life because I abuse it, but it has a lot to offer.

Benzos are a band-aid solution to a problem that doesn't need to exist. Cannabis, relatively, is divine. There is no comparison IMO.

There's nothing wrong with cocaine either. People just abuse it.
Opiates are used the same way daily and make people happy upbeat. It doesn’t have to be heroin. I thrived s long time on pain killers. Life was great. Weed makes anxiety worse and doesn’t give you that upbeat feeling. No way shape or form.

Yeah, I love opiates.

Weed is a dirty drug. Benzos are dirty too.

Heroin was always so beautiful to me. Too beautiful.

Part of what I'm saying here is my ongoing efforts to convince myself never to go back. I have too much pain. Opiates feed on pain. It is dangerous territory for me... Sounds like it might be dangerous territory for you too. But, I don't know. We just met.

They gave me benzos in rehab. Benzos are prescription. I have had a couple of scripts over the years. So, I assumed they were safe relative to street drugs.

The worst withdrawals I've ever experienced was from etizolam (technically a thienobenzodiazepine) but still... be careful.

Benzos and opiates are hard drugs.

Going cold turkey from either can kill you.

I've never felt anxiety from weed in nature. Weed doesn't make me paranoid about wild animals or acts of God. It only, ever, makes me paranoid because it is illegal.
No wild animals?But you are australian...so thats about poison creatures is crazy.Acts of God cannot make me paranoid cause its natural.Being illegal is the thing,thats make you paranoid in facts,that's the truth.

I'll elaborate.

Nobody dies from animal attacks in Australia.

Our population is about 30 million.
2 people per year die from crocodiles.
2 people per year die from snakes.

There were 541 "animal related" deaths between 2001 and 2017.
That's like 30 deaths a year. One in a million.
Most of them are dogs.

Crocodile attacks are almost always people being reckless. We know where crocs live. If you get attacked, you're swimming way outside the recommended area. That's up to you.

We don't have fucking bears roaming around, getting sucked up into tornados - then flying headfirst through your window when you're sleeping. That happened to me in America. Thankfully, since I'm Australian, I had the good sense to kick that grizzly mother fucker between the legs.

Went down like a sack of potatoes.

Well its you.For me Australian is a land full of dangerous creatures.Prefer my bears..Just look at this places on animal world,etc-wandering spiders,bullet aints,crocs,taipans,poison jellyfishes and sharks in the water....never go out in the bush without of native,which knows his environment

Yeah the outback is probably dangerous. That's why nobody lives there. The population density is like Antarctica for a reason.

There are some dangerous snakes in Australia but we have anti-venom.

An old friend of mine (he wasn't Crocodile Dundee) used to pick them up by the tail and snap their necks by flicking them in the air like a whip. That's not unusual. People aren't afraid of them.

It's weird for us that people in the US aren't afraid of bears, but we aren't afraid of our snakes or our spiders or our sharks.

Shark fatalities are extremely rare.

We had one in Sydney a couple of weeks ago. First shark fatality in Sydney in something like 60/70 years. Can't remember exactly, but it's not a common occurrence.

I constantly encounter white tail spiders and redback spiders in Victoria. When you go to bush raves and hippy festivals up north you always get various species of deadly snake and funnel web spiders which are infinitely worse than the white tails and the red backs.

I woke up the other day with a white tail crawling over my naked skin.

A co-worker had a bite couple of months ago, which is the first time I've ever heard of anyone I know being bitten. She had a big disgusting looking welt on her leg. She spent a day or two in hosptial. She is totally fine. No big deal.

You have now.

EDIT: I'm seriously confused by your statement.

If you go camping and you sit up on a mountain with a couple of friends and smoke weed, that makes you anxious?
Yes, set and setting are meaningless with weed IME. It always produces some level of anxiety and I’ve never, at least in person, met someone who doesn’t experience that.

I've experienced anxiety from weed but it's not the weed. It's totally the environment / user. I'm up to 4 grams today. Going for 6 now. Zero anxiety. Weed makes me paranoid, socially, if I don't want to be there. But that doesn't apply to me any more because I will just get up and leave. If you follow your heart, there is no anxiety IMO.

^IMO, if you have to use coping mechanisms (such as leaving social situations) to deal with weed's potential to cause anxiety, then it is the weed that is causing it. It's like when I go to the movies, I bring my vape pen; it has little smell and is low key. Yet once I get a few rips in, I start to have a mini-panic thinking, "Oh my God, what if the other patrons see my vapor flowing up?" Now I know, through logic, that I shouldn't be worried. Worst that would happen here is getting ejected from the theater. Yet I get scared. Especially when I'm in the back and I accidently let a cloud out into the way of the projector lol. Suddenly the whole theater gets blanketed in vapor and I'm like, "Oh shit!"

But that's just my opinion I guess. I just think that the OP is experiencing a very typical reaction to weed. I would advise him to seek out lower THC level weed products, quit weed, or switch to delta-8 which has significantly less anxiogenic properties.

Nah, I'm not using coping mechanisms. That's not what I'm saying.

I used to endure situations I didn't enjoy for the sake of social obligation. If I do so while taking acid I'm likely to have a bad trip.

I spent years heavily in the psychedelic experience so it influenced my perception of the world a lot.

If I have acid, I trust myself much more than if I'm sober. I can see things I can't otherwise see.

When I'm stoned and I'm in an unpleasant situation, I'll just leave because I'm listening to myself and it hurts me not to listen to myself when I'm stoned or when I'm tripping or whatever.... I'm not leaving because I'm afraid. I'm leaving because I'm not afraid.

i don’t use weed for anxiety but thank you

i use it for pleasure mainly. or for hyperfocusing on video games/live sports
You don’t hyper focus on weed. I’m sorry but there is memeoryvloss from weed whether you notice or not. How old are you. You seem very young and misinformed

You don’t hyper focus on weed. I’m sorry but there is memeoryvloss from weed whether you notice or not. How old are you. You seem very young and misinformed
Jesus dude, chill. I use weed for video games too, it is very good for hyper-focus on gaming. And I've been smoking for... wait damn, about twelve years now.
Nah, I'm not using coping mechanisms. That's not what I'm saying.
Then I guess we disagree. It sounds like coping mechanisms to me; you're in a social situation, the weed makes you anxious, so you leave the situation. That's coping. If that's not what you're getting at, then I'm very confused.

I'll explain it in a different way.

I used to exist in a world that I didn't like. Psychedelics helped me to find my true self and depart from that world. That is what I mean by leaving.

It's not that I can't handle the situation.

I don't want to be in the situation.

So, I leave.

I don't feel anxious around chill people.