• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Tolerance weed anxiety i didn't have before

I’ve tried every weed I could. Got a medical card and tried a lot of stuff with the same results. I’m made more for opiates and benzos.

it's happened to me from taking prolonged breaks too so thats why im familiar with what you guys are talking about....

i have a friend who only smokes bubble hash because he says all flower makes him paranoid.....so ive tried that when i would start smoking again, and that definitley worked for me too

vaporizing flower causes way less paranoia too

ive looked it up before and i forget what it is that causes it, but i remember reading that it's released when the temp hits 400 degrees, and you usually heat your vaporizer up at around 350 (farenheit)

so maybe try those things out too if you really wanna partake again

@Cream Gravy?

All good. I'm extremely stoned and I've had twelve beers. I'm not explaining myself very well. You're not the first person to object to this particular line of reasoning.

If you're in the military and you have LSD you're going to be more anxious than someone sitting cross legged in a yurt with a dedicated trip sitter and a copious amount of weed.

The more derailed your life is (spiritually) the harder you're going to suffer. The anxiety comes from fighting reality. More people should get up and leave. But, perhaps they - like you - see it as weak.

Change isn't going to make itself.

Everyone is miserable, chasing dollars and judging each other because of class / skin colour / religious affiliation or lack thereof / political ideology / etc.

My parents don't have the benefit of psychedelics. They see the world in assets. They see their children as failures because they think life is a financial game.

Again, perhaps this sounds like coping.

I have no interest in playing their game. It always made me feel anxious. It never felt right to me. So, I stopped playing.

I don't care what they think any more.

I could be wrong, but I think all weed-induced anxiety comes from somewhere. It doesn't come from the plant IMO.

I'm rambling too much. Sorry. I'm super baked. Agree to disagree?

Jesus dude, chill. I use weed for video games too, it is very good for hyper-focus on gaming. And I've been smoking for... wait damn, about twelve years now.

Then I guess we disagree. It sounds like coping mechanisms to me; you're in a social situation, the weed makes you anxious, so you leave the situation. That's coping. If that's not what you're getting at, then I'm very confused.
Smoke all the weed you want and call it whatever you want. It doesn’t matter to me. F you think weed makes your video games better then so be it. I’m proud for you.

Yeah the outback is probably dangerous. That's why nobody lives there. The population density is like Antarctica for a reason.

There are some dangerous snakes in Australia but we have anti-venom.

An old friend of mine (he wasn't Crocodile Dundee) used to pick them up by the tail and snap their necks by flicking them in the air like a whip. That's not unusual. People aren't afraid of them.

It's weird for us that people in the US aren't afraid of bears, but we aren't afraid of our snakes or our spiders or our sharks.

Shark fatalities are extremely rare.

We had one in Sydney a couple of weeks ago. First shark fatality in Sydney in something like 60/70 years. Can't remember exactly, but it's not a common occurrence.

I constantly encounter white tail spiders and redback spiders in Victoria. When you go to bush raves and hippy festivals up north you always get various species of deadly snake and funnel web spiders which are infinitely worse than the white tails and the red backs.

I woke up the other day with a white tail crawling over my naked skin.

A co-worker had a bite couple of months ago, which is the first time I've ever heard of anyone I know being bitten. She had a big disgusting looking welt on her leg. She spent a day or two in hosptial. She is totally fine. No big deal.

ive always wondered what pests you deal with on the daily

i have a friend who got bitten on the leg from a brown recluse and it looked like his leg died - it was fucked up!

my mother once got bit by a scorpion - fucked her ankle up for a while

i hate bugs - i am frightened of them for the most part but i try to tough it out - some bugs im ok with

i definitely like watching my kid be more afraid of bugs than i am :)

I understand the instinctive reaction. Arachnids are creepy looking little fuckers. They aren't very dangerous though. People have a tendency to pat strange dogs. My brother had a chihuahua that everybody thought was adorable until it snarled at them and snapped a loud warning shot right by their trembling fingernails. People would probably generally be better off patting spiders. Dogs are the dangerous animals. So we sleep in the same bed as them and let them lick us on the face.

I don't like snakes much. They freak me out. Crocodiles. Don't like them either. Sharks. Nope. Spiders I can deal with.

There was a white tail on the ceiling about an hour ago. I am the designated spider killer because I am male. All this talk about equality and my wife and mother in law are in hysterics about a tiny little animal. Time to man up, women!

Ok so first things first: I have smoked from bongs, joints, and dispensary carts. Bong rips have always given me a bad time (greening out, dry heaving, panic attacks, etc). I am diagnosed with depression and anxiety and at the moment, I can get medical carts that are 1:1 cbd and thc. When I first got a cart, it was 8:1 or something like that and I experienced no 'high' at that level. I have since used 2:1 and then 1:1, and I got to a point where I would take 5-10 pretty long hits off of the 1:1 cart with a mild, pleasant, munchies-type high. However, circumstances in my life led to me being forced to take a break off of all weed for about a month. Recently, I got a new 1:1 dispensary cart and my first time using it after a break, I took about 5 hits (very foolishly, I should've known to go lighter after a break) and was pretty high to the point that I looked up videos on how to stop weed panic attacks and watched a 30 minute one all the way through as it was the only thing that comforted me in that moment (pretty dramatic I know lol). However, now I take only one or two hits and I feel nervous, dissociated (in a bad way, not a fun weed way) and panicky, shaking and thinking I'm going to die. Smoking before showers used to comfort me, but now it has turned the shower into a horrifying and anxiety-inducing place for me. I know I might be psyching myself out, but this knowledge is of no comfort when I am in that state. Is there something I'm doing wrong / should I smoke cbd cigarettes with my hits to up the cbd levels? Is there a strain I can try that will just get me high without the anxiety and paranoia again?

TL;DR-
Smoked weed before and was fine, but at lower levels after a t-break I am an anxious mess. Is there anything I can do to stop this?
I've noticed feelings of anxiety recently. I'm 37 and ive been getting high from 19. I think it's tolerance not unlike your talking about because I use carts too and I think maybe it's the vaping that's causing it so I switched to weed recently from carts. Just started but seems to help. Going try just weed not carts for a month see if that helps.

im ok with snakes! ive had quite a few as pets....i was into them for a while....you have carpet pythons there - i love them - they're very docile

spiders freak me out - but i don't kill bugs unless i have to...i try to capture and release them - but if they wanna fight, i hose them down with some organic insecticidal soap thats pretty fun to watch them die from...

i get these bugs that come in my house that kinda look like General Grievous that freak me out - i'll take a picture next time i see one...

"The most important cannabinoid for you will be THC, but you’ll want a good dose of CBD as well. And for that sedative tingling feeling, you're going to need CBN and the higher temperature terpenoids: linalool and α-terpineol.

Here’s why:

THC will get you into that euphoriant state generally called the ‘high’. So you really want to maximize the THC in your vapor.

However, THC has the potential to provoke some negative side-effects like anxiety and paranoia. CBD helps to counteract these effects.

CBN, linalool, and α-terpineol are also important if you enjoy that sedative and tingling feeling all over your body."

"
But as said before, the Cannabis plant is a ‘synergistic shotgun’ so you want all the compounds that are known to synergize and enhance the positive effects of THC or dampen the negative effects of THC in your vapor as well.

So which ones are these?

First of all, you definitely want CBD in your vapor.

Because here’s the deal:

CBD helps counter all the negative side-effects associated with THC, like anxiety, hunger, and sedation (6).

Second of all, you want some terpenoids in there, and then specifically, those with anti-anxiety effects: myrcene, caryophyllene, and limonene."

Maaan.smoke less than half a gram daily.with breaks from weeks.This stuff can be overabused i see that.from that cames the problems....and the weed is no good for some people at all.

You don’t hyper focus on weed. I’m sorry but there is memeoryvloss from weed whether you notice or not. How old are you. You seem very young and misinformed
yea there definitely can be short term memory problems. that’s why i don’t use it for studying or any intellectual activity

but for a mindless activity like video games it works great

one night after driving all day Toronto to NYC, a good friend shared a joint of primo stuff, and I started strobing and shaking and was not able to follow his endless stream of fascinating humor so I tried to go to bed and could not. Avoided smoking for 2 years after.
so to analyze what happened,
I was stressed from driving
and we had to set up for a 3 month gig in manhattan
and well....I needed to keep sharp - microdose ok but weed not so much (then)

Now I find when alone, I enjoy the strobing, and find it easy to relax into the shakiness (which stops immediately as stop typing and drop my hands) and the whole visual field is veiled in tiny flickering rainbow dots whenever I get a few milligrams of THC in me (from 5-25 mg tops/8hrs)

I think the strobing & shakiness is actually euphoria if you can let go into it.

learn to love it before joining socially with this going on.

I was intentionally trying to take too much and it happened. After 1.5 grams of d8 I woke up in the middle of the night with a panic attack.

I simply don't try to push it anymore.

im ok with snakes! ive had quite a few as pets....i was into them for a while....you have carpet pythons there - i love them - they're very docile

spiders freak me out - but i don't kill bugs unless i have to...i try to capture and release them - but if they wanna fight, i hose them down with some organic insecticidal soap thats pretty fun to watch them die from...

i get these bugs that come in my house that kinda look like General Grievous that freak me out - i'll take a picture next time i see one...
You know what I despise even more than spiders?

Wasps.

Last time I went camping the same fucking wasp kept buzzing around me no matter how many times I shooed it away, so I attempted to ignore it instead

About a minute or two goes by and no buzzing so I'm like yay!

Then I look down and there it is just chillin on my foot

After that I gave up and went inside to drink beer

I have significant social anxiety issues and general anxiety issues. These anxiety issues are lessened when I'm stoned but they are heightened when I'm not stoned (but still getting baked regularly) relative to long periods of sobriety. You might have to read that sentence twice. It's clunky. I just ate a 2 gram edible and I'm on my third beer. Starting to lose focus.

Same thing goes with cigarettes. Smoking cigarettes relieves stress but the stress only exists because I am addicted to nicotine in the first place. It is a cat chasing it's tail.

I would suggest you stop the weed (and drugs in general) for a while.

People take benzos for anxiety, but that doesn't fix the core of the problem. It is a mute button. (Don't get me wrong. Mute buttons have their purpose.)

Drugs are a garnish. They do nothing without the human that consumes them. The core of the drug experience is not the drug, it is the human. This is why you have a different experience with cannabis than others do.

Weed will not always be the same for you. You need to explore the core of your problem.

Why are you anxious?

For me, improving my personal hygiene and getting fitter has helped me to be much more confident. I used to be a dirty hippy and skinny as a rake. Now I wear nice clothes and I go to the gym.

The more positive things you do for yourself, the more rewards you will reap.
This is all so well-said and meaningful. Great advice. I wish I had a friend like you :)

It can be age. I always smoked but since i turned 40 i notice i get panicked if i smoke anything other then an indica. Sometimes just the first joint of the day causes it. Weed has become more potent where i live (Canada) since legalization so that may be it.

A friend of mine had to quit completely because he would have a panic attack every time no matter the strain.

Indica dominant strains and indica are all my best friend can smoke because sativa makes her anxious and paranoid. I only smoke the same because sativa turns on my chronic pain and makes it 10000x worse

strain matters