• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

We talkin about CACTUS!

Friends of mine who are into going to countries where it's legal, or decriminalized to take mushrooms or psychedelic cacti in a religious ceremony told me how it's best to take them in that sort of setting and not to take the cactus on your own at home. Who knows if this is correct though, as it's just someone's opinion?

Friends of mine who are into going to countries where it's legal, or decriminalized to take mushrooms or psychedelic cacti in a religious ceremony told me how it's best to take them in that sort of setting and not to take the cactus on your own at home. Who knows if this is correct though, as it's just someone's opinion?

It is just someone's opinion. These are drugs, they aren't magic. They work everywhere. Set and setting are important and in my experience psychs are better in nature, but you can find nature locally without finding a religious ceremony. And I've had plenty of great trips in my apartment. Luckily I always have some nature handy in the form of my very majestic, mysterious cat. :)

I'm just going to point out the Allen Iverson reference is hilarious.. Lol everyone who is completely lost youtube Allen Iverson practice press conference if you want to know. As for "Cactus" and other shit lol flailing

This was kind of funny after watching that. Totally over my head before that.

I felt a mild mood change and colors seemed brighter.

I even tried to make myself vomit so id trip harder(my body was like haha u stupid fuck i'm goimg to give you the shits the next 2days)

I've got plenty left, this was just a first time try. Was it sucessful?not really

I have some san p. dethawing right now in the sink, i despined it when it was still frozen(i find it easyer this way). Stuck the footlong cuttling in a ziplock and submerged in the hot water.
I'm thinking that this will help release some of the mescline because i've been changing out the water every 15minutes and replacing with hottt water.

After its dethawed i plan to dice it up, and this time add more water to the mix(i think thats what fucked me up last time)

And finnaly i decided to poure the puree cactus into a crockpot and cook on the lowest setting for 8-12 hours.

Round 2.
18594D60-ADA4-4E16-BA49-DB235C68D8B5_zpse0lfacwo.jpg

=

E24BCA71-DB5E-4493-A13E-CDAB5FA9BC13_zps1wgl9ray.jpg

On low setting
Now to go play world of warcraft for 8-12hrs.

Right?

18hrs laters:
586E5FE6-6D37-4BE2-B330-39CD86100F17_zpsc8ujkni1.jpg

Giving my brew 24 hrs before i turn the crock pot off. Should be plenty of time!

Tho my brew doesnt look quite like the pics on erowid.

If you look closely you can see a star shape in the crockpot. :)

There are so many species of cactus that we don't know much about the alkaloids they contain.

I really wanna know if the totem pole cactus contains mescaline, because it is supposed to have a high alkaloid content according to a little information tile I read at a desert garden type of thing. I can't find any info on the internet about it besides this though.

There are so many species of cactus that we don't know much about the alkaloids they contain.

I really wanna know if the totem pole cactus contains mescaline, because it is supposed to have a high alkaloid content according to a little information tile I read at a desert garden type of thing. I can't find any info on the internet about it besides this though.

Hmmm, that was a good read..
"Contains: lophocereine, pilocereine." Like they said it sounds active.
Then again they said the totempole cactus contains aspirin so if you were to do anything with it i'd want to remove the Bufferin.

In another hour and a half my brew has been in the crockpot on low for 24 hours. It doesnt look all goopy resiny like what others tea looks like. It's almost turned into a dark green, and it's still very soupy! I'm interested in how it will turn out.

You're gonna love it. Mescaline is my favorite, gives such a pure, blissful feeling, with a gentle spirituality about it.

I am looking forward to it! Is there anything that you might recommend thats good while tripping? I want this to be spiritual as possible.

Also should I wait before I eat a large meal? Such as lunch or dinner? If i should eat anything what should be avoided?

I always thought it would be an interesting thing to try cacti, especially after reading Huxley's writing. I'd want the Native American 'roadman' to guide it, too

I'd want the Native American 'roadman' to guide it, too
I first tried it down in South America in a traditional Native ceremony, and I prefer doing it at home, because I don't like structure. D, you should drink it on an empty stomach. Nothing necessarily needs to be avoided, but I usually drink it first thing in the morning before breakfast. What I recommend would be finding a comfortable place and chilling there, whether it's outside or inside. One thing that really brings out the euphoria is something warm, like a fire or the sun, so that's the best. Then, while you're chilling by the fire, listen to some music. It's incredible. Dogs are pretty cool to have around, too.

yeah, low and medium dose of mescaline are very euphoric, gentle, smooth, blissful and makes music sounds amazing. its just so kind, likely my favorite psychadelic. Theres a overall much brighter and understanding relationship you develop with compared to tryptamines imo.
Some of my mescaline trips were truly life changing and really brought long lasting effect in me. true spiritual journey it can be. While I also find some tryptamine lifes changing, it doest seem to apply directly to the hows to really perfect myself, while mescaline is damn evident. its like showing you, right there on the moment the way to happiness. a real sage teacher!!!

Ive never went to far with it because of the nausea becomes so bad. The come up is the worst ime, and its a good 2 hours of real nausea.
Ive got used to the nausea: when I began my journey, 20g (200mg) would give me terrible nausea where I could barely keep my eye open. now at 70g (700mg), I can still function and deal with the nausea without being totally destroyed by it. so I guess my body got used to it over the years.

I also dose in the morning, as it last very long, 18 hours for me before going to sleep. I normally, once I peak, just lay down and get lost in the visuals. after the epak, I listen to music as it makes it sound like the music makes loves to you, literally. like beautiful melodies touches your heart in a way you cannot describe.
I listen to kettel, proem and dinosaur jr the most while on mescaline
cheers

Last edited:
I fell asleep. :)
Heres what I came up with:
Straining,
2BC4517C-8728-460B-878D-52916B97CB71_zpsdu4gsbrm.jpg

To the measuring up!
6D3639F8-27EB-4C2C-9878-8A1C46F16346_zpsavubekac.jpg

And bottled it up!
0C9AA556-5218-4EF4-91C8-89502BC9EA2D_zpsiivtfeht.jpg

I figure thats about 2 strong doses there?

I like what yal said about the native american aspect of it, because i'm 1/6th choctaw. My grand mother was full blood Choctaw. I was curious to want to know why i dont grow any fascial hair. I asked my dad why and he told me the reason.
Trust me, I am looking into how I can benefit from being 1/6. That would be so cool if i become a member of their church and become a card carrying Choctaw! If it works out there then you bet your ass i'm going to make this a monthly 'spiritual coming'.

Someone mentioned above that its best to take in the morning before breakfast, so going to go hop in the shower with one of these bottles , yep sit indian style with the warm water running over my head, ask my ancestors for guidance and understanding of whats to come, then i'l down the juice.

It doesn't smell half bad, like a mix of wheatgrass and cucumbers.

I'll let yal know how it goes!
:)

554587F1-1D85-4B3F-86F6-DAA29985298C_zps5nbwtyys.jpg

I want to add that i had the brew going for over 24 hours, damn near close to 30 hours!

So i have poured the contents of 1 of the bottles in a tea kettle and have it on the stove on low heat. Its maybe a cup if not a little more. About a damn decent size cup of coffee worth. I decided to heat it up some more because strangely the bottles are still so cold to the touch, even after being indoors for a few hours, they still feel fucking cold!

So going to give it a few minutes and pour a half cup, sip for a few. And 30mins later pour the other cup and sip.

Now i have no clue how much mg is in each cup, i had about 3 servings worth in the final yield.

I just might write a trip report if this stuff works!

Lol

Last edited: