• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

We Call It Acieeeed!!!!

There use to be a site that was a treasure trove of classic house and techno including Hot mix 5 sets, recordings from sets from the wherehouse, music box in chicago, the shelter and music institute in detroit, WGPR, plus lots of DJ sets and rare music from the era. This was active up unyil atleast 2007 but I think its now defunct which is a shame- all muic downloads were free. I think it was called classic house music or classic chicago house.com or something like this. This was an effort to keep the music and history alive in the 2000s as the Europization of electronica and predominace of Hip Hop as the major genre of dance music in the USA rendering it less and less relevant.

In New York, the music lived through DJs like Francois Kavorkian et al in the Sunday Afternoon Weekly Body and Soul- kept alive the Garage vibe when Larry Levan was at the helm. This was back in the summer of 2000.

Kraftwerk Tour de France

Trans Eurpoe Express

Number of Names:

Sharivari- with old scene footage.

Larry Levan last nights ay the paradise garage- 1987

Ron Hardy live at the muzicbox 1986:

Part 1

Part 2

Not acid house per say but some good old school house, techno, garage, electro (ish).

Last edited:
Seeing as the Blessed Vibert has been mentioned... he covers many genres. He (and fellow labelmates) did the "dubstep" thang years back... are they still tarred with the same brush? Just one random example... I can't get at my actual record collection at the moment... To me this sounds like acid.... albeit with a bass to melt your bowels in places...

Luke Vibert - Belief File

and, once again. Dive & Lie Wrecked <3

Acid is a state of mind. In my mind.

<3

yea I get what you mean, Dive & Lie Wreaked has one of the most 'filthy' basslines out of any track ever, he was certainly trying the dubstep thing, but its better than other 'heavy' stuff

I mean I quite like this, for dubstep

Bombay Dub Orchestra - Journey (Liquid Strangers Sliptrip Mix)

but its not as fun as the Vibert track, I mean Vibert can do all sorts of styles but none better than ACID

:) Ace of Clubs - Patriotic Acid :)

(all of the Ace of Clubs stuff is tip top quality acid by the way, up there with the Analords in my opinion)

^ ahh just put that tune back on, one of the best acid tracks EVER

I'm fuckin acid man

the album that's off is called Benefist and its class, but the Classid Trax are super cool as well :)

The Ace Of Clubs - Classid 1

Classid 4 was my fave but its not on YouTube which is a shame

That is a classic tune, Tek <3

I know shit all about genres.

As far as I'm concerned this is acid.

It squelches.

It rocks.

That's all I need.

The rest is hasbeen pretentious wank.

<3

yeah that could be acid I guess, I'm no genre whizz myself, ace tune anyway *thumbs up*

and if that is acid enough for this thread then this certainly is as well, albeit with a country twist <3

Phuture said in an interview I saw that 'acid' has to have a Roland 303 in it to be proper, but I'm not sure that's entirely true..

Hell yeah that's acid, Tek. In my book anyway. Tis a philosophy more than a sound. Wankers can wank over 303s and shit. But they will never understand <3

Answered. Sort of....

I'm...

W. F. L.

Well I am wet... but I'm getting clever...

You used to speak the truth but now you're liar....

I can sit and stand and then roll over....

You used to speak the truth but now you're clever...

Ahhh-ahhhhh-ooohhh-aaaaahhhh-oooohhhh....

What you got is what you get....

Naughty naughty....

<3

(PS: Apologies for irrelevance)

Here is some links to UK acid scene during 88'. Don't think the first place was shoom but could be wrong. The music, developed in Chicago and the small yechno scene in detroit. Crossed the Atlantic and ended up spun by DJ Alehandro, or whatever his name is. Okenfold and company brought it back to London and a new movement was launched- acid house scene which morphed into the rave scene as the heat was increased circa 89'. It is around this time that DJs visiting from the States were dumfounded by the scene and brought it in a more refined form over the summer.

It came to NYC first (courtesy of Frankie Bones, I think) after which it migrated to LA and other places. It came to San Francisco courtesy of DJ Jeno and his wicked crew. This was 89-90. NYC had the NASA raves in the same space that had been occupied by the Paradise Garade. the Wicked crew put on Full moon parties forst at stinson beach, SF then Boony Doon beach near Santa Cruz.

I went to my first rave in San Diego 91' when it was still underground and avante garde in that locale- then the scene went to shit. We ended up copying our European counterparts even though the music originated in the US- it was refined in Europe. What old detroit techno and Chicago House had was soul and in the right DJs hands the raw material could be turned into majic.

Anyway links:

This Is Acid 88'

Acid House 88-89'

89' UK illegal rave part. 1

part 2

Carl Cox 91' Rave

89' rave

UK Summer of Love Documentary

aside from the fact that the second to last is out of order it's like a techno time line Jspun, complete with a commentary at the end too.

nice derrick may mix i saw jeff mills at the hmv instittute last week end he was fucki9ng amazing as ever i use to go to the universe tribal gatherings just to c him ,i even saw him at the thekla br5istol once which was brilliant b4 he stopped playing in the uk due to tax reasons
But JEFF MILLS IS GOD

^ just clicked one at random and am very impressed, DMX Krew = %)

oh their all very good, bit of Benn Jordan, some classic too, nice :)