• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Was God creating Satan a good idea?

Matter's mass natural tendency to force itself into movement...
what on earth are you talking about? are you refuting newton's first law?

if so, please elaborate (with science and not specious rambling).

alasdair

Why did Emperor create primarchs to each have share of his own proportions if he knew Horus would turn against him and mankind would peril in flames while good men and space marines all over the galaxy suffer grievous death in hands of their former brothers because of that action?

What is the true meaning of warp?

Edit: Sorry, that was wrong novel series...

Because that would be redundant information.

Matter's mass natural tendency to force itself into movement turned matter into a natural formed code structure. Matter just kind of naturally moved into the "natural intelligence" phase. You could say once it gained control of itself and turned into code writing its own code. Thus the matter that gained natural intelligence and learned how to rewrite its own code into AI is what would be responsible.

I don't think that matter turned itself into something that took power over others out of fear of retribution. I think it shared, just in case.

You have created quite the fantasy for yourself.

Regards
DL

alasdair

No software is able to give you what you request.

I think our friend is bonging away and laughing at us.

His trolling has caught a few I would wager.

I am bowing out of his net.

Regards
DL

Except you make the mistake of equating God with institutionalized religion. I think I've said this before, but religion is just a man-made construct intended to control people. So while it's optimistic that a lot of us can finally see past the fraudulence of religion as a social institution and choose how to think and behave on our own, I think it's pretty hysterical to say that we've 'bested' God.

No argument that we have created the Gods.

But are you saying that the laws the secular systems have created are not better than what the religions offer?

Regards
DL

^I remember levels told me to redefine God. Oh yea man, secular laws of ethical behavior definitely surpass religious ones in terms of productivity, but if you take God as a different form and NOT the spawn of bloody religions, I don't think you can best him.

If there is a God. I doubt that any definition of a divine being can have worse morals of perpetual good than we do, just because the nature of God is supposedly something to admire.

We have, in short, bested religion. Not God. He didn't make a religion.

I agree with you both.

If there was no man, could there be a God?

If God didn't create Man, then how could God know it exists?

These are important questions whose answers may never be known.

what on earth are you talking about? are you refuting newton's first law?

alasdair

Newton's first law is irregardless of matter elasticity. Matter elasticity can apply forces despite it.

your first sentence makes no grammatical sense, let alone scientific sense. honestly, i think you're just throwing out jargon in an attempt to appear smart.

alasdair

^In his defense, he is really a very speculative person. His comments only seem off topic and incoherent because he thinks too long and hard without relating it to his original point. That and he may not be that well versed in the art of discussion, not saying he is or isn't capable of such. I have a somewhat difficult time providing 'worth reading' comments myself.

But fuck it, I guess I'm not really a peace keeper.

Nixiam, don't become a peace keeper either as it is not as fun as you might think.

You just get your patrol car blown by IED while trying to bring peace to a parties who never wanted it and then there is a super power country alliance trying to wage war at the same time. Good starting place for example Afghanistan's peace...

But heck the female Drs from Medicinaires sans Frontiers or Red Cross are hotties.

After being in Afghanistan for a while most civilian problems seems just mild as they can be.

But for coming back to the topic without Satan, or similar built in evil in our brains (I am an atheist) we wouldn't have to do choices in our (daily) life. I am sure there wouldn't be even any progression as a communities or even as a species in whole. Pretty much of our innovations have had some evil side note in their history.

No, I mean our adopting secular laws doesn't prove that we've bested God.

The important part of any theology or philosophy are the social rules and laws it develops.

Secular laws and rules are demonstrably more just than religious rules and laws.

That is why you do not see religious fools, other than Muslims, trying to have their laws as the law of the land. The opposite is more true.

Regards
DL

^I remember levels told me to redefine God. Oh yea man, secular laws of ethical behavior definitely surpass religious ones in terms of productivity, but if you take God as a different form and NOT the spawn of bloody religions, I don't think you can best him.

If there is a God. I doubt that any definition of a divine being can have worse morals of perpetual good than we do, just because the nature of God is supposedly something to admire.

We have, in short, bested religion. Not God. He didn't make a religion.

I agree with you both.

True that God dis not create religions.

We have bested him though as a person can be known to another person, --- in a real way, --- while a God cannot. If he could, he would as that is what a good God would do.

Regards
DL

Where god does not announce himself, he cannot expect others.

And if he chose not to say he expects us, then punishment for our (rather innocuous) disloyalty is cruel.

Where god does not announce himself, he cannot expect others.

And if he chose not to say he expects us, then punishment for our (rather innocuous) disloyalty is cruel.

Christians touted themselves as being moral yet do not understand you simple and correct moral position.

That is one of the reasons I see Christianity and Islam as evil. They produce immoral thinking along with their homophobic and misogynous people.

Regards
DL

Do you have something against freedom of speech and association?

Yeah, I do. Isn't it obvious by the 16 words I wrote? :|

Do you only visit one site?

No. I just thought it would be interesting for other users of this forum to be aware that you are posting the same topic in multiple locations on the web.