• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

War in Heaven

I believe you are correct about the UK I would like to delete that question as I have no particular geographical knowledge of the UK as it relates to culture(s) within the country.

Ninae said:
I live in Norway, as I have mentioned before. But I don't see what it has to do with anything.

It has no bearing on anything.
Nor does your age or race.

meth said:
For me, it's truly refreshing for the chance to be as free of sterotypes as possible.

+1

Norway is cool, I was on a plane to Iceland and sitting beside a woman I kept drunkenly referring to as from Denmark even though she politely corrected me like five fucking times. On the last time I did it I jumped out of my seat and announced to the cabin that I was in fact drunk and had offended this woman by repeatedly referring to her as Danish despite the fact she told me she was from Norway and I wanted to publicly apologize. Then the stewardess told me to sit down and refused to give me any more booze and the Norwegian woman would no longer talk to me....it wasnt awkward at all

Norway is COOL

Never made it but (stereotypically) I have a huge boner for Vikings and I always have, lots of the Icelandic Sagas were tied to origins in Norway...do the Norweigans have something similar?

Yes, it's part of the same thing. All the Nordic countries used to speak the same language. But Iceland still speaks a form of old Norse which no one can understand.

If you find yourself so inclined

Nah, mate... Not really.
I'm not in the mood.

Maybe someone else can bat first?
I nominate methamaniac, since he's on a roll recently.

I think its the oldest spoken unaltered language in the world? The sagas themselves are the oldest known parchment/vellum/skin?? writings on earth....they were some seriously advanced mofos

Yeah there was a bbc article about the resurgence of pagan beliefs in iceland, they are building a new temple? in reykyavik....i personally think they should kick jesus out on his ass

also thank you for the link im going to dl that shit and read it looks pretty good!

Don't be so naive. You will see what was practiced was an ugly, primitive, nature-worshipping religion and in fact it was the same with most of Europe.

Now so many are taking a romantic view of it and are trying to make us believe things were so much better before Christianity and what was practiced was a beautiful form of Pantheism, but the historical records show little sign of this, and I doubt I would be living in a civilized country without that.

Well, I visited Norway 2ish years ago. I made it to Tromsø. :) Was a huge fan of black metal as a youngster and developed a 2 year fetish for Norway (I kid you not, I was fascinated by it...). So I fulfilled a childhood dream in visiting :D.

Ninae said:
Don't be so naive. You will see what was practiced was an ugly, primitive, nature-worshipping religion and in fact it was the same with most of Europe.

The ostensible 'reason' for Varg Vikernes to burn down churches was because most were, apparently, built upon sites of old pagan temples or sacred sites (truth suspect). I too found it kind of humourous that anyone would want to return to some of these old religions, which were superstitious to the extreme, controlling and often violent. Not to say that there is not something really appealing about the concept of nature-worship; but I would mean that in a more positive and loving sense, where one feels like a part of a big, complex and secure system, not fearful of nature kicking your teeth in. I think my first description is the modern take nature-worship or pantheism. For me, nature is a primary source of spirituality.

Nature is good with psychedelics too :)

What town did you like the best?

Where I live was the religious centre in the Viking Ages and took the longest to Christianise (because everyone who tried was killed). But it wasn't much of a religion, to be honest. They would just hold a festival where they drank a lot of mead and slaughered many horses and cows and drank their blood before they roasted it and ate the flesh. They would drink of Odin's cup for for one thing, from Freya's cup for another, etc.

Apparantly this went on for thousands of years but it also has things in common with Mithraism and what was practiced in the Roman empire, etc. It seems like the same kind of approach expressed in different ways.

Thanks for this thread Ninae. It actually cheered me up. I'm interested in what you think of someone whose writings touched on similar themes - are you familiar with the prophetic autor H.P. Lovecraft? Cthulu Mythos, the elder gods versus the great old ones from beyond the stars (a thinly veiled reference to what is called 4th dimension here and the battle between 'light' and 'dark'), shugoths, anunaki, etc? It could all be a reference to what is called the Reptillians, the children of Orion, etc.

Last edited:
No, I didn't want to be distracted, but I've been listening to this source who's been saying it's coming to an end soon. It's just they've been saying this for 2 years and something would always get in the way or they couldn't see the future clearly. But at least now I can sense something has happened.

It's actually a big relief. It feels like there's nothing left to do. At least nothing mandatory.

There has also been similar messages from other sources now.

http://lightworkers.org/channeling/210550/sheldan-nidle-21015

I wonder what they'll say tomorrow, but most of all I wonder if there will be any wordly signs of it. I can feel a change in the atmosphere, but there has been so many grandiose claims from that channeler by now, and they often fail to translate to the physical level. But this time it seems like it's the focus and I don't have the usual feeling it's just a false promise.