• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants VYVANSE MEGATHREAD ⬅ your Vyvanse thread has been merged here

guess ill just have to ask my doctor for that then. thanks. Also what do you notice is different when the medicine is working correctly?

contrary to popular belief, you can get high from snorting vyvanse. i experimented with the 50 mg & found that when you take the pill orally & wait for it to hit you, it is then possible to snort the powder & get some recreational use out of it. i'd still prefer adderall over vyvanse any day though.

Does Vyvanse have any (mild) psychoactive effects itself?? The Wikipedia page called it a "psychoactive drug and stimulant prodrug". Or do they just mean that it is psychoactive in that it gets converted to amphetamine? Selegiline has some short 2-3hr effects, for instance, but acts mainly through MAO inhibition and possibly (?) metabolism to l-amphetamine.

I've found that 15mg Dexedrine acts for about 12 hours for me even when it is chewed, and acts too long otherwise. Dexedrine also seems to not have some of the weird effects of Adderall but also seems milder since I have tken a lot of Benzedrex inhalers.

A friend of mine obtained a 50mg vyvanse. I'm not familiar with it so I don't really know what to tell him. He's usually taken about 10-15mg of adderal XR at a time in the past (just to study). I did the math and it seems that 50mg vyvanse is an awful lot by comparison, so I told him to hold off on taking it, because I think 50mg of it will have him quite high and not in a mood for studying. Half of that should put him close to 10-15mg of adderall XR, correct? Again, the point is just studying not tweaking.

even tho its time release it still fucks me up the most out any add meds...if it= take 40mg i seriosly feel like im on speed

couple things,
swim took 1 50mg vyvanse two days ago. swim felt the high to be incredible and "like" rolling. it lasted a long time.
swim took another 50mg today and found it did near nothing except throw him in a strange annoyed mood. coworker said he looked tense, almost tweaking. its been 8 hours for swim and nothing close to what he had two days ago.

swim is used to xo's and knows about their tolerance issues and to avoid taking them more than once a week for a good roll. swim wants to know if vyvanse acts the same. if to achieve the high, is jumping to 100 mg too much too fast or should he parachute a pill and a half for 75mg? how often/dose can swim use and get the same satisfying high without wrecking his tolerance?

why all the swimming?

Taking Vyvanse a couple hours before waking up?

Hi all. Just seeing if anyone else has tried this with any success. So this morning, I slept through class and woke up at 10am. I figured I would just sleep in some more. I had a couple 60mg Vyvanse that I planned on taking today. I decided to take them before I fell back asleep so they would help me start my day faster when I woke up for the day. I feel the effects of the Vyvanse, but it's not as strong as it usually is. Yesterday I took only one 60mg Vyvanse and the effect was greater than the two I took today. Has anyone tried taking ADHD meds before waking up? Was it as successful as taking them when you were already awake?

for me amphetamine tolerance grows fast as fuck, quicker than benzos and opiates
if i do 1-10mg line of adderall the next day 10mg isnt even fun.... and tolerance is perminant it seems, because when i first got into adderall 1-5mg got me going, now it takes like 30mg + caffeine...it's probably a combination of both, but my ADHD friends say they can take like 90-100 mgs and feel nothing....

Last edited:
Do you mean, like, setting an alarm for 8 AM where you wake up in order to take your Vyvanse and then go back to sleep hoping to be extra ready for your 10 AM class?

Going from personal experience doing this with Vyvanse, dexedrine, d/l-amp combo (adderall), focalin and ritalin I gotta say the results are a mixed bag. Sometimes I spring right outta bed; other times I'm awake but actually feel more zombified than I usually do when waking; and sometimes I stay asleep despite the presence of stimulants!

Difficult to give a hard and fast answer to this one...

~ vaya

When I was in college, I was prescribed adderall. I also had difficulty waking. I experimented by setting my alarm ~45min before I had to wake up, having my dose and a glass of water next to the alarm, taking the dose when the alarm went off, then going back to sleep. It worked like a charm. 45 minutes later, I was awake and energized, ready to learn. It became my morning ritual. I highly suggest it. Missing class repeatedly is not good.

When I was in college, I was prescribed adderall. I also had difficulty waking. I experimented by setting my alarm ~45min before I had to wake up, having my dose and a glass of water next to the alarm, taking the dose when the alarm went off, then going back to sleep. It worked like a charm. 45 minutes later, I was awake and energized, ready to learn. It became my morning ritual. I highly suggest it. Missing class repeatedly is not good.

I can't do that, I won't wake up after I take it. :|

I'm glad that it worked well for you though. :)

I can't do that, I won't wake up after I take it. :|

I'm glad that it worked well for you though. :)

Man it's the same for me, I really wonder why (and how, too) it could differ from person to person. You'd think more DA and NE coursing throughout your prefrontal cortex would wake anyone up, especially after a good night's rest.

When it DOES work (for me), though, boy does it work!!!

~ vaya

i took one then slept for two hours

, when i awoke i was fucked up and didnt know what was going on

So am I correct that towards the beginning of this thread it was agreed that subjecting the powder in the capsules of Vyvanse to lemon juice would release the dextroamphetamine? Similar to what I've done with the XR Adderall balls in the past.

Vyvanse

I have two 50mg pills of vyvanse. I wanted to take one tonight to help me focus on reading this book for school. However, I have to be up by 9 AM. Will tht work out? I also will have to be with my fam at 9 in the morn :/ will I be normal? Or ok to interact? Btw I'm an 18 yer old girl and weigh 125 lbs.

You might be able to fall asleep on it, but I wouldn't count on it.

I'm going to merge this into the Vyvanse Mega Thread.

IME, 1 gram of vitamin C 2 or so hours before you want to go to sleep helps a lot. Melatonin or weed helps too.

Man it's the same for me, I really wonder why (and how, too) it could differ from person to person. You'd think more DA and NE coursing throughout your prefrontal cortex would wake anyone up, especially after a good night's rest.

When it DOES work (for me), though, boy does it work!!!

~ vaya

Yeah I even fell asleep on meth.

^^ My girlfriend would fall asleep on hundreds of mg's of apmhetamine.

I never understood that...

Also, thoughts on being prescribed vyvanse for anxiety? My girlfriends cousin is 15 and I don't know how long he's been getting it but he is prescribed 70mg Vyvanse daily purely for anxiety.