ver. 2 -- Nov. 24th, Radiate @ D.C. Armory, Maryland

Nice pictures...even nicer b/c they're of at least a few of the kids I was with!
smile.gif

What an incredible party.
[This message has been edited by greyspace (edited 27 November 2001).]

i am never going to DC again.... ever.
we got sooooooo fucking lost. we didn't get there until 2 minutes til 11. i walked in right next to PVD.
couldn't find any BLers. PVD had an AMAZING set. i met a lot of awesome people in the short 3 hours i was there. didn't get his autograph, and almost got trampled to death trying to get it.
outside afterward, me and candygrl66 and another friend yelled "BLUELIGHT" at the top of our lungs about 50 times. no one responded. we gave up.
tried to find the $15 afterparty that was supposedely "right down the road"... it took us 2 hours to find. it SUCKED. there was like, 10 people there.
we got even more lost trying to get home. i wanted to kill myself. DC is so fucking confusing. didnt get home til 11 am. and had to get up for work in 2 hours.
i'm over it now. i still had an awesome time but wish i would have gotten there sooner.
Kagan, Squeaks, Egotrip... you guys suck... where the hell were you? i missed everyone.
bah.
oh... that was my first time at the Armory though... it was phat as HELL!
------------------
E-girl
IM: tiggersgurl2067
Find one person you can count on forever, one person you can love forever, and one person you can be with forever... and if you're lucky, it will all be the same person.
"Live for the memories."

ill post more later on today. just for the record i do photography in the electronic music industry, and have pictures published in this months issue of urb (as well as on there website -
urb.jpg
)
and in this months mixer, as well as working for eklipze magazine and work with boatload of production crews and dj's and do photo werk for flyer designs like this one -
FluidWeds-November(F)_web.jpg

- wich was used for last months push wednesdays at fluid in philly.
so a lil plug for myself, i am for hire if anyone needs a photographer.
i am also looking for models for studio work to build my portfolio up so if your interested, email me.
------------------
http://www.mikepanic.com
[This message has been edited by Mike Panic (edited 27 November 2001).]

hey E-girl...I know what you mean...it took us an hour to find the armory cause we went into downtown instead of staying on 395...and about 30 mins to find the edge (afterparty) but we didnt go in cause it looked pretty lame and we didnt feel like payin another $15 to be dissapointed so we left...sorry I didnt hear anybody yellin bluelight cause I woulda come runnin..oh well

Whats up everyone? RADIATE was def off the hook!! I felt the vibe as soon as I walked in and met some awesome peeps throughout the night!!
Drizz and Eternal - Great seeing you guys again! Hope you had a blast!
smile.gif

Jungle J - Hope u ended up having a good nite also and that your girl was feelin much betta!!
Ket - See ya agian at Rocket!! and YES we will have to hang out more!! =)
Iceys set was rockin, I like it when he mixes old skool songs like "New years Day, and "Tainted Love" HaHa! that was tight!
And, of course, Scott Henry was my fav!!
wink.gif

HELP! - DOES ANYONE KNOW THE NAME OF THIS TRACK THAT SCOTT HENRY SPUN TOWARDS THE END OF HIS SET? It went something like, " I dont care what people say.. I just... and walk away?" It was a girl's voice and a hard beat..AHHH it made me smile the whole time!!! =P
I also got to hear my favorite song "Rapture" TWICE!! cuz Henry spun it and so did PVD!!!
I thought Ultraworld did an excellent job especially with the stage and the masked-glow dancers!! I got a pic with them!! Heehee!!!!
Looking forward to ROCKET!! I head its the last Armory Party for Ultraworld.. so it should be a FAB O LOUS time!!!
Peace
REd
------------------
I like it all... Many people on the dance floor also like their elements...Yeah you know what I'm talkin about..you just get into your own little space and loose it,,,close your eyes, use your mind. get ready to explode. Now I want you to throw your hands in the air..Loose control. Lose complete control..

Shit, I can't believe how many more bluelighters were there than the ones I saw (NCTexan, fairnymph, smh254, liquidphil, junglejuice, and Kagan). Of course dark rooms, flashing lights, and 3 pills will make one less observant than normal.
Still, I had a great time, except for the extra hour and a half I spent on the road in each direction and the hour I spent waiting to get in. And Ultraworld should really think about increasing the size of the the outdoor smoking area...that shit was ridiculous.
Toodles, folks.

YO redhead!!! That is fuckin weird as hell I wanted to know the name of that track you are talkin about...that shit was so hard!!! Right when the first chourus hit my little bro was like sean did you hear that and we were like hell yeah herrrrrhheeerrrr and fuckin went off...but yeah if you find out the name of it tell me and ill do the same...we were singing the chourus all night after that track....sticky...whats up my man..it was good seein ya dog..where were you most of the night after i saw you??? I couldnt believe how many carolina peeps where there & I definitely cant wait until i go to another party at the armory... that was awsome !!!!!
smile.gif

well i went down with e girl and even though we got mad mad lost and were in the car forever , it was definetly worth it to see PVD, and yes i would do it all over again!!!we got there just in time to see PVD's set.

anyone who went and has pics scanned, put them up, or when u get them developed, put them up. 1

Missed all the bluelighter's as usual. And I fucking know a lot of you. I know Kagan ran into my friends but never ran into me.
I thought the party was disappointing at best. The music was WAY too down tempo, and I'm not a big breaks fan. I expected more from PVD, not the Disney Trance he spun. I was hoping with a 3 hour set and a party setting he would pull out some of old records and do something amazing.The magic of the amory parties died with this event. The DnB area sound was shit. The sound system seemed like it was being played through a cotton ball. I guess after all these years I'm hangin up the old phat pants.
I wonder what I gotta do to get Lonnie to book some Techno.
-Dawn

/me agrees with Dazzle ^^^^^^
I personally thought the music was pure 100% ASS!!!
PVD was a bunch of hype.......not all he's pushed to be. I was sooo dissapointed with his set that I wanted to leave 2 hours early.
It's really sad about ultraworld parties, they have an exellent sound system to their venue but they never use it for DJ's that spin music with hard basslines.
The best DJ set in the main room was Icey in my opinion! And overall the best and surprisingly early set was ANDY C! He threw down a lot of old school tracks from back in the day.
Anyhow, the vibe was great, venue setup was incredible, and of coarse the crowd was chill. But the music wasn't satisfying.
I highly doubt that I'll be going to Rocket since its an all Downtempo House and Trance lineup. What a dissapointing lineup for a New Years Eve event.
Dazzle, it looks like you and I will have to stick to NY parties for bangin Techno music.

Hells Yes!!! NCTexan!! Talk bout wierd,, get this..When I posted a couple days ago about my review I decided to click on the Thread in this Forum that says "Unknown Track Name" just for the hell of it, to see if maybe it was the song I was lookin for (Cuz I've posted on Buzz's website lookin for it, and on BL in the Music forum) Anyways,WIERD AS FUCK,, another BL was there and heard the song was lookin for it too! (CHeck it out!! the thread is closed now)
Well, Scottaculous is his name and we did some research and found the song is called "Shed My Skin" by D-Note.. The mix that Scott Henry spun is a Pete Heller mix.
There are 3 different ones though, and we have yet to find the one that he spun... I could send u the one that I have though!!!
Well , Yes,, Doode, as soon as I heard that song,, I was just standing up with a big ass GRIN on my face =) and creamin ma pants!!! heehee.. and when i got home.. all cracked at 5 am I wrote down those words that I remembered and found it today and can't stop listening to it!!! =) Sorry for the rambling.. but simple things like a great song.. make me happy in life!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Peace,
Red
------------------
I like it all... Many people on the dance floor also like their elements...Yeah you know what I'm talkin about..you just get into your own little space and loose it,,,close your eyes, use your mind. get ready to explode. Now I want you to throw your hands in the air..Loose control. Lose complete control..