ver. 2 -- Nov. 24th, Radiate @ D.C. Armory, Maryland

tobaki - jaleo, i like jaleo. do you work there or something. before the party i was thinking of hitting a couple art museums and going out to lunch. perhaps some tapas and sangria would be a good pre-party thing. anyone?
-mark.
kamolaz - i don't think getting tickets at the door has ever been a problem at the armory - it has a huge capacity. but don't take my word for it. try calling yoshitoshi in d.c., i'm sure they can give you a better lowdown.
p.p.s. phone, yoshitoshi: 202.338.5638.
[This message has been edited by trigster (edited 12 November 2001).]
[This message has been edited by trigster (edited 13 November 2001).]

anyone willing to let me and my girl crash somewhere local for a few hrs after the party we are driving 4hrs to get home so we don't want to kill ourselves driving home if you can be of assistance im me e-mail me just get in contact with me somehow
thanks
aim- zenrin21
e-mail [email protected]
------------------
hey if you wanna b/s my aim is zenrin21
"friendly people make friendly places where you make friends"

The latest from ULTRAWORLD:
-------
Greetings from the Ultraworld
RADIATE is now less than 2 weeks away, and the excitement about the event is building more and more every day. We realize the events of the past 2 months have put a lot of strain on a lot of people in many ways, but now, more than ever, the Ultraworld, in the sense that it is the place where we can all go to feel only positive energy, is calling! Every year, the Thanksgiving event has rejuvinated our spririts, renewed friendships, and given us all a positive image of the best of dance music culture. This year, that legacy has never been more important. So we invite you to come to RADIATE, bring the vibe, and make this day the best it can possibly be.
We want to once again assure and reassure everyone that this event is happening as planned in every way. There are absolutely no problems with the venue, every DJ has their working papers to enter the country, every flight has been verified by the airlines, and all of the companies and performers are gearing up for what has the potential to be the best armory event to date. We ask that you help us to make sure that any rumors of cancellations or problems with the event are dispelled. Also keep in mind, that you have the best source of information for Ultraworld at your disposal, this email address. We are always happy to answer any questions.
There is additional information now on the website, but we'll answer the most common questions here:
--- Paul Van Dyk will be spinning from 11 p.m. - 2 a.m., a 3 hour set to close out the party.
This marks the largest appearance on the East Coast, and one of the largest in the US for PVD.
--- The 21 and over alcohol area is being expanded to include a full bar.
--- There will not be an unlimited vendor area at this event. There will be some vending, but it will not be open to anyone. This was a necessary parameter that the armory needed us to enforce.
--- Please help speed up the entry procedure by bringing AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE to the door. There will be express lines for those without any articles to search.
Those seemed to be the main things people wanted to know.
More updates will follow as needed.
[- - - o - - - ]
New info in red:
December 31, 2001
Ultraworld presents ROCKET
The New Years Eve Celebration
6 p.m. - 4:30 a.m.  at the DC Armory
Admission for the NYE event will now be
$35.00 in advance $40.00 at the gate
We will debut the flier for this event until Radiate.  We will be selling 1000 tickets for ROCKET at Radiate for only $25.00. If good ole fashioned rave is what you've been missing from New Years Eve's in the past few years, look no further, Ultraworld and NYE are together again!
[- - - o - - - ]
Also check out Sonar  (Ultraworld &  Sonic Soul's lounge in Baltimore, bringing in a variety of DJ talent nightly) www.sonarlounge.com   
[- - - o - - - ]
Ciao for Niao
UW
- - - - - - - www.ultraworld.net - - - - - - -

Trigster- No I don't work at jaleo, I just love me some tapas! Actually right now I go to school in Boston but Turkey day beckons me back home.
dpoke65-I live about half an hour to 45 away from the armory. I am having some crew with me but if you and oyur girl are hard pressed for a place to stay when the big day comes email me or im me.
e: [email protected]
im: butookis

thank you for the offer tobaki we will try to avoid taking you up on your offer if we can (unfortunatly we both want to be out of our mind that night) i hope to meet all my fellow bluelighters who can attend there!!!!
cant wait to meet all of ya
and anyone else offering place to stay to fellow bluelighter's let me know
------------------

dpoke65- sorry I keep missing you online, perhaps the gods are trying to tell us something...probably not. anyway i am pretty sure now that you guys could easily crash at my place afterwards. so...yeah, anyway i'll keep an eye out for you on im.

well tobaki once again thank you i will be online for the better part of the day i have a cable modem so unless my computer crashes i'm always on

A fully stocked bar at an Ultraworld event?!?!?!? Woah!!!!
/me rethinks his plans about going to see Ritchie Hawtin in NY.
I might have to go to this party after all.
BTW, what the hell is the deal with the vendors??? It's not open to just anyone??
I'm assuming that you need some sort of VIP pass to buy something from them.
/me also thinks about snatching an Ultraworld VIP pass .. MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

^^^^ no, the vendors themselves are restricted, not who can buy from them.
anyway, i just got my ticket today, so see you-all there.
where and when is the b.l. meetup???

DAMN, I finally got my ticket today. Had to pay bills first, but its all good though. So I'm definitely at this party, and you all will be there too, and we're all going to wild out.
So whats up with that meetup?? Somebody let me know. Anyways see ya there!!
------------------
Go on.......Get your dance on.......Get your smile tight.......I know you're feeling this rave shit......."THIS SHIT IS DEAD RIGHT".......Get your bounce on! ~sugafist~

to anyone going to dc i am starting a geocities page tommorow for meetup info at radiate for blulighters if anyone want's to submit a pic of themselves so we can all recognize each other e-mail it to me at
[email protected]
------------------

Awwwwwwwww dirrtty....only 1 week till this shit goes down....im so excited herrrrrrrherrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tech: We'll have2make up for Frankie and Pish Posh. =)
------------------
I am the kitty goddess bunny fairy magical happy girl.
P.ositive E.nergy A.ctivates C.onstant E.levation

my countdown has begun, hope everyone else is as excited for this party as I am. DAMN!! I'm posting up everyday til the last minute when I leave to go to the Armory. See ya there
------------------
Go on.......Get your dance on.......Get your smile tight.......I know you're feeling this rave shit......."THIS SHIT IS DEAD RIGHT".......Get your bounce on! ~sugafist~

Sugafist, we better finally meet up this time since we been taggin back in forth since the summer!
And by the way we'll definitely have to trade off some breakdancin moves once we meet inside!
And Glow, I'm with you 100%!
wink.gif

So where's the official meetup spot???
The place is pretty huge and they always change their setup every year......

NO DOUBT, finally meeting up. Don't know nada about the meetup spot yet either but regardless, I'm at this party, WORD!!
------------------

ok well i know i'm a recent additions to the board but i will now settle a dilema we are all having we shall congregate around the bar (not in the bar but outside of it) this should help everyone (hehehehehehe problem solved!!!!!)
------------------

yah radiate is gonna own. Ima tear it up. Me and my friends are takin like 4 carloads and several 10 packs down. Gonan be a sweet night. But then again Radiate is just a pre party to dec 15th-- "A Christmas Treat" in Queens NYC (spacegirl, pleasurehead, jonny fame, venom, pauly, more more more...) I dont know which event to be more excited for. Eh, ill pick radiate since its 4 days away. :p
:p
:p
------------------
~!~ THA WOOD ~!~

YAY!
They WILL be allowing camera's of all types in the event! Yippie!
Anyway... looking foward to meeting some of you... We will be staying at the Hampton Inn in MD... about 10 minutes from the venue...
... however, Ultraworld has set up the following discount...
"Hotels If you are staying in the DC area for the event, we have arranged a special rate at the Westin Grand, which is a 5 star hotel just blocks away from Georgetown, the hippest DC shopping district with tons of shops and restaurants. This rate is $99.00 a night. Call 202.429.0100, when you speak with reservations, tell them you are in town for the Ultraworld event, and they will give you that rate."
bye now!
Dawn