• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Upper vs. Downer People

I too find that opiates motivate me, that doesn't mean that I can say a CNS depressant isn't a CNS depressant. Opiates are downers.

I too find that opiates motivate me, that doesn't mean that I can say a CNS depressant isn't a CNS depressant. Opiates are downers.

Ahh yes, but they are also stimulants are they not? Do they not increase levels of dopamine?

Nearly every non-psychedelic recreational drug stimulates dopaminergic function downstream. . .

ebola

Nearly every non-psychedelic recreational drug stimulates dopaminergic function downstream. . .

ebola
So... they're stimulants? They surely stimulate me!

Easier to sleep on 10 mg of MDPV than it is on 10 mg of hydrocodone!

If that's what your definition of stimulant is, it's not in line with the rest of society. That's fine.

There are also "stimulating opiods", or opiods that are more stimulating relative to other sedating opiods such as most derived from thebaine including oxycodone but still, they are depressants.

If that's what your definition of stimulant is, it's not in line with the rest of society. That's fine.

There are also "stimulating opiods", or opiods that are more stimulating relative to other sedating opiods such as most derived from thebaine including oxycodone but still, they are depressants.

So they are mutually exclusive terms? Seems like an awfully outdated system in that case. The point is plenty of people use opiates and opioids for their stimulating and motivating effects which means they should be classified as "stimulant" in some sense. I don't mean cardiac stimulant, however I think it is. My heart beats faster on hydrocodone or oxycodone than off of it. Then again I don't "nod", I just get a good enough buzz to not be nauseating and not weigh me down.

Obviously opiates have different effects at different doses.

Please no one quote my post telling me they are not considered CNS stimulants and telling me the definition of a CNS stimulant.

I think so, but I could very well be wrong. I'm certainly not clever enough to avoid addiction so my thoughts should not hold any weight.

Downers, for God's sake. Stimulants kill me (unless mixed with downers). Worst was the time I ran out of downers and tried to substitute for it with stimulants (ambulance, etc.).

So... they're stimulants? They surely stimulate me!

Easier to sleep on 10 mg of MDPV than it is on 10 mg of hydrocodone!

You are unique because its impossible to sleep on that toxic excuse for a stimulant that MDPV is. I can sleep on lortbas, i cant sleep on any kind of stims except caffeine. And i dont like taking low dose opiates, i prefer to take enough to be in nod land than to be feeling half high.

I'm a big opiate fan...to big a fan. I had a coke run, but only if I had a nice sleeping bag for the comedown.

Yes I understand the stimulating properties...but maybe you never tried high dose morph. It will glue you to the couch and put cigarette burns everywhere on your carpets.

I'm a big opiate fan...to big a fan. I had a coke run, but only if I had a nice sleeping bag for the comedown.

Yes I understand the stimulating properties...but maybe you never tried high dose morph. It will glue you to the couch and put cigarette burns everywhere on your carpets.

lol exactly

Yeah I've never done any opiate that made me nod except Tramadol lol. But all opiates I've done felt like uppers to me. I get sick off of them really easy so I never cared for pushing the dose. I hear it's harder to get sick off of heroin and morphine compared to their good effects.

I'm not essentially an upper or downer person, I just hate being sober.

I'm a downer although I've never tried a true stimulant. I do really like mixing caffeine and kratom though.

When I have a lot of opiates nothing is better than a speedball. But I won't touch Meth/Crack/Cocaine w/o at the very least some heavy benzos to bring me down. I just can't handle the sweating/feeling like every cell in my body is being pulled in a different direction.

Downer-person 99.9% but I love me some IV cocaine, speed, or d-amp alongside benzos or opioids.

I combine both -- i like uppers during the day coz it makes me more productive and aware then i take downers during the night to help me relax and sleep