• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Upper vs. Downer People

Downers♥
I love to be by myself and relax in my own euphoria. It means I can listen to the music I love and be at true serenity with myself.

I love downers(opiates) but they have a paradoxical affect on me and they get me speeding.Everyone else will be nodding and I start jabbering and can't stop.When I used to shoot dope I couldn't sleep with it in my pocket. I'd stay up multiple days until I was out,anyone else wired like this. Oxycodone in big doses gets me speeding to but not so much with morphine.

Uppers hands down=-) I love getting amped the fuck up and feeling like I could do anything without getting too tired. I love staying up all night, I love having tons of energy and I love the feeling of my heart racing 100 mph. I don't care for coke that much though because it makes me paranoid as fuck and stuffs up my nose so bad I can hardly breath through it the next day. Blazing the glass dick or bong and hot railing shards(meth) is the best especially when it's hella bomb that hits hard and I get that intense speedy tingly rush. Makes me horny too;-) MDMA (white powder Molly) is hella fun and too, definately a close second when it comes to my fav uppers.

When it comes to downers, not my cup of tea because I hate being tired and drowsy. Although I love weed because it's relaxing and fun and sometimes alcohol when I go out to clubs/bars/house parties or if I just feel like getting wasted. Never tried many types of downers except a few opiate pain killers such as oxycodone, vicodin, and oxycontin. I def wasn't impressed at all except for the time when I had an ear infection and I was in severe pain and all I could do was lay in bed and I kept popping vicodin every time I started to feel the pain. So yeah I wouldn't fuck with any downers for recreational fun besides weed and liquor.

Last edited:
I IV'd heroin for a long time and i gotta say... Complacency is bullshit. I love to get psychedelic and get introspective and adventurous, or hit some shards and get all geeked up, adderall and vyvanse to get shit done. I think i'm more of an upper guy, with an acute tendency to become paradoxically addicted to downers.

Downers are the shit all day everyday. No one wants to be cracked out and feeling like a fuck off uppers shit suuuuucks. Opiates FTW.

I'm an upper person. Don't know how I got addicted to opiates because I hate them but here I am on subs. Gonna get off these after a wedding in a couple weeks.

Definitely a downer person. The love of my life is opioids, especially when used wisely, therapeutically - not every day. I find that they motivate me, get rid of anxiety and agoraphobia; coupled with a healthy diet I feel like my body is flourishing. Especially in contrast to my usual state of being, which is mostly a result of frequent alcohol use, plus the added sub-withdrawal, but nasty nonetheless, state of my GABAergic system.

Uppers or speedballs. Opiates are alright but they just don't do it for me.. I could take it or leave it. But if you wanna do a shot of dilaudid mixed with meth then I'm down.

Or smoke the meth. Ha!

This is why I avoid uppers nowadays..

One thing I've noticed is meth tweakers state that heroin will kill you from an overdose and heroin junkies state that meth will kill your organs, sanity and the person will ultimately die at the end due to lake of nutrition and sleep Poly drug users just don't care or are aware of the dangers. That's what I've experienced with drug users with different background. Tweakers house looks like it's always under construction and a junkies house will look like a museum, collecting dust sometimes without electricity or running water. While occasionally you'll find a functional user of heroin or meth with a tidy ass house.

My brother, a psychologist theorized that many people using methamphetamine may have undiagnosed ADHD, just as many people using opiates have undiagnosed endorphin deficits. wonder if this is true. for whatever reason my depression is ONLY alleviated by alcohol or opiates.

My brother, a psychologist theorized that many people using methamphetamine may have undiagnosed ADHD, just as many people using opiates have undiagnosed endorphin deficits. wonder if this is true. for whatever reason my depression is ONLY alleviated by alcohol or opiates.

There is something that makes a person prefer uppers to downers and vice-versa; I couldn't begin to imagine why though. And, what? Alcohol alleviates your depression? Do you only drink small amounts and infrequently? Because everyone I've known, myself included, feels that frequent and heavy alcohol use only worsens depression in the long run. Opiates are a whole different story though. Wish they were prescribed as a first-line treatment for depression... Haha

Meth users seem less openly concerned about their own substance use habit than most heroin users are, I've found.

Generally downers are healthier than uppers especially in the case of heroin vs speed. Also downers for life in my opinion, i dont even like caffeine

I would disagree with this statement. There's too much variation within both drug classifications to make any factual statements about which one is better or worse. If you look at adderall and hydrocodone, (adderall being the most mild pharmaceutical stimulant and hydrocodone being the most mild pharmaceutical opiate), I would say hydrocodone is much more dangerous than adderall.

Take this to the most extreme version of the scenario and you have meth and heroin. As a recovering addict for both of these substances I can say from personal experience that meth is far more neurotoxic than heroin. The point I'm trying to make is that it's generally unwise to blanket statement an entire classification of drugs. It usually just spreads misinformation.

On a more on-topic note, I personally have always enjoyed downers far more than stimulants, but I used to enjoy stimulants as well. When I say downers I mean opiates and benzos. These drugs have less immediate consequences in my opinion, although prolonged usage results in physical dependence and withdrawal which is a frightening encounter for anyone who is unfortunate enough to go through it. Stimulants are great but I absolutely hate sleep deprivation, along with the muscle soreness that comes from the lack of appetite as well as whatever muscle exertion I have from the stimulant missions I tend to go on. Just my two cents though, to each his own.

uppers - 8(
these have always been a little OD for me. regardless of what it was i never felt sufficiently comfortable while tweaking. i've even found using benzos/alcohol/opiates to ease the comedown to be more enjoyable than the experiences themselves. :\
the only time i'd say otherwise is if there were a benzo thrown in the mix to take the edge off while wired. oral cocaine has been the best stimulant in my experiences. mephedrone was the most satisfying experience without thinking of re-dosing.
i've done MPH, d-MPH, d-amp, mephedrone and cocaine.

downers - <3
these have always been my favourite. sedation and relaxation are some of my desired effects from drugs. there's also just a sweet variety of them. benzos->opioids/opiates->alcohol.
they're so good i can't choose my favourite!
alcohol has always been the best for unwinding. benzos are best for slowing life down a bit. opioids/opiates have been the best at giving me a peaceful, utopia-esque break from reality.
i've done xanax, valium, ativan, vicodin, codeine, kratom, alcohol

my heart is with downers <3

uppers - 8(
these have always been a little OD for me. regardless of what it was i never felt sufficiently comfortable while tweaking. i've even found using benzos/alcohol/opiates to ease the comedown to be more enjoyable than the experiences themselves. :\
the only time i'd say otherwise is if there were a benzo thrown in the mix to take the edge off while wired. oral cocaine has been the best stimulant in my experiences. mephedrone was the most satisfying experience without thinking of re-dosing.
i've done MPH, d-MPH, d-amp, mephedrone and cocaine.

downers - <3
these have always been my favourite. sedation and relaxation are some of my desired effects from drugs. there's also just a sweet variety of them. benzos->opioids/opiates->alcohol.
they're so good i can't choose my favourite!
alcohol has always been the best for unwinding. benzos are best for slowing life down a bit. opioids/opiates have been the best at giving me a peaceful, utopia-esque break from reality.
i've done xanax, valium, ativan, vicodin, codeine, kratom, alcohol

my heart is with downers <3

Couldnt agree more! Though i used to love uppers, very rarely use them these days. Downers will always be my favourites :)

It seems like as people age they start moving away from stimulants (if they liked them to begin with) and more towards depressants. Stimulants are pretty taxing physically.

Then again I have known some old speedfreaks...I haven't known any old junkies.