• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Upper vs. Downer People

Downer person, I don't do uppers very much, I'd like to, if MDMA is considered an upper than I love uppers haha.

Usually downers, but I enjoy a good combination of both as well. There's some good stim + downer cocktails for sure.

I like uppers because for some reason they relax me while giving me motivation at the same time.

Downers really make me feel weirded out and sick.

THIS. My body hates downers as much as my mind does, I guess...plus anything remotely useful downers could do, cannabis does better. I was pretty into opium tea, kratom, a lil bit of oxy or hydrocodone, for a time, but those actually give me energy unless I take enough to nod (or just smoke a lot of herb), and the opioid sedation feels much more clean & natural to me, doesn't feel like I'm just poisoning myself.

Downers always i almost dont even like uppers for the fact i normally have minor littlw ticks and uppers make me tweak bad also because of the problem of not being able to sleep because i love sleep.
Ill take an opiate and be nodding all day feeling nice and get a wonderful sleep with no ill side affects very minor naseua... Benzos i can relax and just let loose and enjoy some good sleep.i dony annoy everyone around me by not shutting the fuck up on meth.

I used to be totes into uppers, now i like pretty much anything but uppers. I have a little MDx from time to time, usually combined with LSD and/or ketamine, but my drugs of choice consist of dissociatives, weed and psychedelics.

I would rather be dead sober than do meth or coke ever again.

i prefer downers. dissociatives, psyches and weed are my DOC.

i even hate LSD's stimulating properties and prefer mushrooms.

Without a good, balanced diet of uppers and downers for me, then whatever I'm consistently doing at the time gets old and I heavily crave drugs of the opposite nature or a neutral nature which IMO would be dissociatives.

I'm slightly miserable in life now that I've got no connects for K and MXE is a pain in the ass to procure these days for me.

COMMENCE BATTLE!! jk, really. I've been thinking pretty deeply for the last few days about how interesting it is that there are some people who are affected by uppers to almost a religious extent, but it seems like these people also don't really get off that much from downers (even oxy). The opposite I've found is also true in my small, limited view of the world. Like me: I'm a downer person. Adderall, Ritalin, and even meth AND extacy are not very euphoric to me (anymore, at least lol)... but painkillers, xanax, etc... oh my, they hit me in all the right places. It has a lot to do with personality, I'm sure... but I also think it may have a whole lot more to do with genetic make-up, general brain chemistry, etc... really interesting to think about. Has anyone else found this phenomenon, although seemingly mundane, to be extremely curious and interesting?

I like them both equally depending on the mood I'm in. If I'm bored and unhappy, I will do uppers. If I am hyper and anxious, I go for the benzos-my fave is about 4 mgs of Xanor and sometimes I'll throw in a 60/100 cap of Tylenol #4. If if works out, it's paradise but if not, it makes me hateful and tired. My favorite uppers (the only ones i can get) are Adderall and Provigil but today I took them together but they cancelled themselves out and I crashed. Everybodyis different...all of our brains are wired in differrmnt ways so what one combo does for one will not necessarily do it for another. The only med that seems to have the same basic effect on people is Xanax. I love that stuff.

I'm sorta in love with both, love being stimulated but love just being chilled out on some valium and taking it easy. Depends how I feel on that day, def wouldn't say I prefer one or the other as each provides a completely different experiance/high.

Uppers almost completely, for me. All of them.
Downers? They don't do a thing. Painkillers? Benzos? Even Heroin. They are the most boring experience ever. I keep waiting for something to happen. Even MJ reacts like a depressant to me. Odd but true.

I used to love stimulants until I abused amphetamines so bad that they don't do much anymore other than give me bad side effects and keep me up for 12-24 hours plus. Even methamphetamine isn't that great now, with or without tolerance. I like benzo's for anxiety and to chill, alcohol I like for socializing. I still like mdma but I don't use it much anymore. I never liked opiates that much though, except for dilaudid, opana and heroin which are too expensive for something I don't do often. Same with cocaine, it's alright but super expensive and the quality sucks in my area. If it is good blow and you have alcohol to go with it then it's great but fuck the price.

Honestly though my preferred class of drugs to use is psychedelics and I fucking LOVE MXE so I'd assume if I tried other dissociatives besides DXM then dissociatives would also be my preferred drug class.

I used to love stimulants until I abused amphetamines so bad that they don't do much anymore other than give me bad side effects and keep me up for 12-24 hours plus. Even methamphetamine isn't that great now, with or without tolerance. I like benzo's for anxiety and to chill, alcohol I like for socializing. I still like mdma but I don't use it much anymore. I never liked opiates that much though, except for dilaudid, opana and heroin which are too expensive for something I don't do often. Same with cocaine, it's alright but super expensive and the quality sucks in my area. If it is good blow and you have alcohol to go with it then it's great but fuck the price.

Honestly though my preferred class of drugs to use is psychedelics and I fucking LOVE MXE so I'd assume if I tried other dissociatives besides DXM then dissociatives would also be my preferred drug class.

Heck yea. I love psychedelics. I have used MXE a few times. Kind of a trip...I took a little tooo much and that was uh, not so much fun. lol

Man... every class has its winners... opiate has to be morphine and codeine
Jwh-210 or pb-22 for noids
A-pvp for cathinones
2-fma or 3-fa for amps
2c-b and MDA for peas
Lsz or 4-aco-dmt for trips
Diazepam or clonazepam for benzos
Cocaine blows tho unless it's pure and in a rig with some opies. A-pvp or php rush blows coke outta the water tho.
They all have there uses, can't settle on one favorite.
Oh, and PCP, 3-MeO-PCP, MXE, I love a nice dip.

Last edited:
Ehh I like uppers MDMA and cocaine hit me really hard I take a gram and .4 Molly than key bump coke till my Molly wears off but downers are fun too but I olny use downers to treat the come down of uppers Molly and coke are a bad crash togeather

I am a downer person (as my username probably indicates): I love opiates (methadone is my favorite, which means I can't really take the others due to cross-tolerance, but methadone gives me an opiate high, so I consider myself a fan of this group,) LOVE benzos, barbiturates, and "z-drug" sleeping pills such as Ambien, and I also enjoy alcohol, although to a lesser extent (I rarely get drunk, only tipsy, as I do have high tolerance to it but suffer nasty hangovers). However, I used to only consider doing downers; then was introduced to marijuana (which at first caused paranoia and I hated it, but after a transitional period of trying it with Xanax to prevent the paranoia, I can now smoke it by itself and feel the typical stoners' high. The pleasant hallucinogenic effects of the weed caused me to be curious about LSD, which I like and will do very rarely. At a club, I tried Molly and now absolutely love the euphoric effects of Molly/Ecstasy/MDMA/any MDMA-similar RC. As for any straight "uppers" which contain no psychedelic/ super euphoric effect is really not for me. I tried cocaine in a joint once and it was horrible; I tried Adderall in college and it helped me stay awake and be energetic/focused for long periods, but I found no recreational value to it whatsoever.