• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Turning Oxycodone into a smokable/freebase form.

OxyCodone4me

Bluelighter
Hi guys i was wondering if there was any way to turn oxy into a freebase?

like the way u can turn coke into crack by cooking it with baking soda, i wonder if it would work with oxy, thanks and if anyone has an abundance of oxy, test it for me ;) thanks guys

Peace

You can smoke the hydrochloride salt if you can isolate it... but good luck with that =P

Come to think of it, the only realistic way of achieving that would be from extracting the oxycodone from instant-release formulations, i.e. Percocet, Percodan, etc. And a cold-water extraction would be nowhere near sufficient - you'd have to remove all of the APAP - acetone wash, A/B, then a few recrystallizations from alcohol could produce smokeable oxycodone-HCl crystals with adequate lab technique.

^

your point? :p

he was asking whether it could be extracted and smoked - not whether scoring smack is a better option

yeah smack can be ordered in at great expense heat, and hassle in my town, not doable, now i can get any pills i really want morphine, oxys, percs, percodan, yadda yadda, and i wanted to smoke oxy becuase i want to expericen the rush of IV without the needle. so... i wanted to know how id do it... lol

It would take way too much work to get it into a form for "regular" smoking, however i have heard of people vaporizing oxy via a nebulizer.

Maybe? I don't know why everyone is so stuck on cold water extraction? Its freely soluble in alcohol right? Get some gpa (everclear 191) and crush up a tab, disolve in that, filter with a .22um micron filer, you will be left with nearly just pure oxycodone, if you kept washing it it would eventually be completley pure.

I still have no idea if you could smoke it just because its pure though.

OxyCodone4me said:
yeah smack can be ordered in at great expense heat, and hassle in my town, not doable, now i can get any pills i really want morphine, oxys, percs, percodan, yadda yadda, and i wanted to smoke oxy becuase i want to expericen the rush of IV without the needle. so... i wanted to know how id do it... lol

Oh yeah bro, I don't really know for sure (never acctually done it), but I hear oxycodone doesn't really produce much of a rush IVed.

Oh yeah I also wanted to remind that if you were going to try the gpa extraction, you should use a small amount of alcohol each time and it will evaporate faster.

Good luck bro.

You can dissolve the oxy's in chloroform to remove the binder. It will be in freebase form at this point, but now you can convert by use of the A/B method.

No, dissolving oxycodone hydrochloride in chloroform does not convert it to oxycodone freebase. Not only that, but chloroform will come nowhere near close to removing the binder matrix.

xspikehead said:
No, dissolving oxycodone hydrochloride in chloroform does not convert it to oxycodone freebase. Not only that, but chloroform will come nowhere near close to removing the binder matrix.

Wrong. Chloroform will completely remove the time release binder on any oxy.

You can dissolve the oxy's in chloroform to remove the binder. It will be in freebase form at this point, but now you can convert by use of the A/B method.

If you've dissolved the tablet in chloroform, are not you just dissolving the oxycodone HCl?

I can't see how chloroform would magically convert the oxycodone HCl into its freebase.

You need like, a base... to do that.

Ammonia, NaOH something like that.

PS - both OC and OC freebase are soluble in CHCl3

OC-HCl is not soluble in ether.

Someone just close thread.

8(

Why the HELL would you want to be Bill Nye the Science Guy when you could just go score some perfectly-safe smokable heroin, which would result in the same effect without all this hassle.

armadilliO said:
If you've dissolved the tablet in chloroform, are not you just dissolving the oxycodone HCl?

I can't see how chloroform would magically convert the oxycodone HCl into its freebase.

You need like, a base... to do that.

Ammonia, NaOH something like that.

PS - both OC and OC freebase are soluble in CHCl3

OC-HCl is not soluble in ether.

I'm sorry, it was late when I entered that response. The chloroform will dissolve the binder and leave the oxy in it's hcl form.

Simply pour the mother liqour into a coffee filter once the binder has been dissolved along with the oxy hcl. Let the oxy (left behind in the filter paper) dry and then do your thing.

That's what I meant to say.

:\

Last edited: