• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Trying to quit Oxycodone tomorrow, questions about Subs and Kratom

Doeskrat
Thanks for the kind words. So you were at the same dose as me then, 300mg a day. I actually am going to have to file bankruptcy for this. Before I was an addict (and during) I was a white-collar IT guy making awesome money working from home full time. I had stellar credit. I could show up at any dealership and probably spot-sign a brand new 100k Corvette if I wanted. I've maxed out credit cards and stopped paying on them, I haven't been working and went through all of my resources basically. I still have my wife and home but I think I've damaged that relationship beyond repair so I don't know. I'm going to be paying for this for a while. One thing (of many) I've learned in this game, all that feel good that we get, we have to pay it all back, with interest.

I understand your situation completely and then some. We did file bankruptcy, and I regret it everyday. We probably could have worked something out with our cards. But that’s a whole different gripe. My husband started to suspect I was cheating because I would “take the car out for a drive” and not return for 2+ hours, phone GPS purposely off. My provider was/is actually a friend of mine. So never ever cheated, never would. I’d meet up with her and then we’d trade cash for stuff and then talk for hours about normal everyday things. My h knew my friend was into that stuff so advised i steer clear. So I would lie when we would meet up. He had no idea my addiction had gotten as bad as it did and I’ll put it this way, he’s got professional training on how to spot addicts. Telling him how much debt I’d racked up was one of the worst feelings. And admitting to the lying. We could also do the same, I still regret not buying my dream E series — both with credit scores at or above 800. But then I started racking up the debt on our cards (some with 50k limits) and it just went downhill from there. My husband knows I will never be completely trustworthy with this (addiction), but he IS secure in knowing I would never betray him (cheat on him). He knows addiction is my burden, and that as much as he wants to, he cannot truly help me. It must come from within. I’ve been mostly good for 2 years but I’ve had several moments of just wanting that feeling back. I hate to admit it’s those few times I’ve taken, that i feel like “myself.” How sad is that!? I believe with all my heart that addiction is a gene that works like a light switch. Except once it’s turned on, it never truly can be shut off. This is my first time signing up with blulight, though I’ve lurked for years. I don’t know if they do private messages, but if so feel free. If your wife loves you and you love her, don’t give up. Our generation is programmed to throw things away when broken but we would do well to work on picking up the pieces. I hope for you both that your marriage makes it through this. Don’t let your addiction take it away from you. It’s taken enough - don’t let it take that, too. We can rebuild our credit and lives, god willing.

Doeskrat

I understand your situation completely and then some. We did file bankruptcy, and I regret it everyday. We probably could have worked something out with our cards. But that’s a whole different gripe. My husband started to suspect I was cheating because I would “take the car out for a drive” and not return for 2+ hours, phone GPS purposely off. My provider was/is actually a friend of mine. So never ever cheated, never would. I’d meet up with her and then we’d trade cash for stuff and then talk for hours about normal everyday things. My h knew my friend was into that stuff so advised i steer clear. So I would lie when we would meet up. He had no idea my addiction had gotten as bad as it did and I’ll put it this way, he’s got professional training on how to spot addicts. Telling him how much debt I’d racked up was one of the worst feelings. And admitting to the lying. We could also do the same, I still regret not buying my dream E series — both with credit scores at or above 800. But then I started racking up the debt on our cards (some with 50k limits) and it just went downhill from there. My husband knows I will never be completely trustworthy with this (addiction), but he IS secure in knowing I would never betray him (cheat on him). He knows addiction is my burden, and that as much as he wants to, he cannot truly help me. It must come from within. I’ve been mostly good for 2 years but I’ve had several moments of just wanting that feeling back. I hate to admit it’s those few times I’ve taken, that i feel like “myself.” How sad is that!? I believe with all my heart that addiction is a gene that works like a light switch. Except once it’s turned on, it never truly can be shut off. This is my first time signing up with blulight, though I’ve lurked for years. I don’t know if they do private messages, but if so feel free. If your wife loves you and you love her, don’t give up. Our generation is programmed to throw things away when broken but we would do well to work on picking up the pieces. I hope for you both that your marriage makes it through this. Don’t let your addiction take it away from you. It’s taken enough - don’t let it take that, too. We can rebuild our credit and lives, god willing.
Don't be so harsh on yourself, you can always start fresh again unless u got some physical disability or something. But if you have your 4 limbs and good health, I'ts ok.Everything will be fine eventually. Cheer up :)

Day 5. Less sweats today, RLS about half as bad as yesterday.. Low energy, also strangely having some stomach cramping, same amount as day 1 and 2 actually. I think what it is though is my system is starting to get back to normal because I was in the bathroom like 4 times, nothing I'm worried about though. The cramping is only for a few minutes at a time. I'd say my symptoms are probably around 5-10% as bad as what their worst was. I have an insane amount of mental clarity. I notice that my senses, all five of them, must have been pretty dulled the last several years because I'm smelling things I haven't smelt in a long time and didn't even know I was missing. It's almost like a bit of sensory overload actually. Same with emotional feelings... I imagine this will die back down slightly as my body finds equilibrium again. Feels good to be clean.

How are you feeling now brother? Oxycodone withdrawal is actually not as bad as longer acting opioids in its length, but the intensity does hit hard. I would have given the advice to wait 18 hours after your last dose if it exceeded 30MG but it seems you have started already.

The main thing here is, you say you cannot get more. To quit Oxy, you truly have to want to quit. Do you plan on taking more when it is available? If not, it may be wise to get into Suboxone therapy. Yes the Naloxone is idiotic but depending where you are, Subutex may not be as easily available. Kratom helped me slightly with withdrawals but it has a very short half-life compared to Bupe.

I highly suggest taking lower doses of the Subutex. Like less than 1MG. Converting to norbuprenorphine really helped me out with pain and feels more like the normal opioid you are used to. For the first few days a daily dose of 8MG may be required but once it is in your system, seriously try 0.5MG or 1MG. It is an excellent painkiller and brings about similar effects to Hydrocodone when norbuprenorphine is active.

I am wishing you the best but please do what is best for yourself. If you are in chronic pain try to find a doctor who will help you out which will save you money and stress or if you want off of opioids I hope you can find a steady supply of Bupe. It takes some people years to successfully transition to complete sobriety but if you commit then you can lower the doses pretty rapidly. If you need any help just shoot me a message man. Good luck

I’ve seen you post many times (via search function) about low dose bupe... less
is more.

YOU'RE SO RIGHT.

It was actually your post that convinced me
to induce bupe today. I had a 500mg monster oxy equivalent habit, and have been tapering quietly for the last month, getting down to 125-150mg or so. But it has really been unpleasant. The rinse and repeat of “wait
to feel a little cruddy” and then take just enough to feel normal. Plus every 5th day or say I took a “break” (one step back) because I needed to feel normal at least one day a week.

Anyway today I took 1mg bupe after 12 hours abstinence. I felt better right away, then lousy within an hour. It wasn’t precipitated withdrawal... I think it’s just that my daily dose of oxy was too high plus IT TAKES TIME for the initial dose of bupe to metabolize to norbuprenorphine.

So I took 30oxy equivalent in the morning. But I could tell the suboxone was there
in the background doin SOMETHING. So the 30oxy went further than normal.

Fast forward 630pm and I have had a total
of 90mg oxy equivalent all day ... and I am
on the train and buzzing. No desire to take
the dilaudid, oxycontin, DHC, or even oxymorphone (my DOC). I just feel like I don’t need it. First time I have felt like this in years
when I wasn’t lit up.

Your tip about the metabolite being a full agonist, and a low dose being needed to keep the bupe from hogging all of the receptors, was a jewel of a tip.

I am going to take 1mg bupe tomorrow and see how little oxy I can get away with taking. Given the half life of bupe i realize my norbuprenorphine plasma concentration will rise steadily over the next 5 days.

I do not plan to stay on bupe for more than 5
days. I want to avoid dependency on something long acting. But I do have chronic pain... A riddle to resolve this fall.

To those who have read this post to the end,
keep in mind that I am talking about 1mg making a big impact on a 125-150mg habit. This stuff is magic. Who knew that 5 strips of 8mg could go so far...

Godspeed

I’ve seen you post many times (via search function) about low dose bupe... less
is more.

YOU'RE SO RIGHT.

It was actually your post that convinced me
to induce bupe today. I had a 500mg monster oxy equivalent habit, and have been tapering quietly for the last month, getting down to 125-150mg or so. But it has really been unpleasant. The rinse and repeat of “wait
to feel a little cruddy” and then take just enough to feel normal. Plus every 5th day or say I took a “break” (one step back) because I needed to feel normal at least one day a week.

Anyway today I took 1mg bupe after 12 hours abstinence. I felt better right away, then lousy within an hour. It wasn’t precipitated withdrawal... I think it’s just that my daily dose of oxy was too high plus IT TAKES TIME for the initial dose of bupe to metabolize to norbuprenorphine.

So I took 30oxy equivalent in the morning. But I could tell the suboxone was there
in the background doin SOMETHING. So the 30oxy went further than normal.

Fast forward 630pm and I have had a total
of 90mg oxy equivalent all day ... and I am
on the train and buzzing. No desire to take
the dilaudid, oxycontin, DHC, or even oxymorphone (my DOC). I just feel like I don’t need it. First time I have felt like this in years
when I wasn’t lit up.

Your tip about the metabolite being a full agonist, and a low dose being needed to keep the bupe from hogging all of the receptors, was a jewel of a tip.

I am going to take 1mg bupe tomorrow and see how little oxy I can get away with taking. Given the half life of bupe i realize my norbuprenorphine plasma concentration will rise steadily over the next 5 days.

I do not plan to stay on bupe for more than 5
days. I want to avoid dependency on something long acting. But I do have chronic pain... A riddle to resolve this fall.

To those who have read this post to the end,
keep in mind that I am talking about 1mg making a big impact on a 125-150mg habit. This stuff is magic. Who knew that 5 strips of 8mg could go so far...

Godspeed

Lastly - I am trying to do the math on how much to take to maximize the effect or norbuprenorphine.

It has a longer half life than bupe. Like 2.5 instead of 2.0 days. So it should build in the plasma and stay there at rising ratio (nor vs bupe)

The missing variables in the formula are the % of receptors 1mg of bupe ties up... whether this rises linearly... whether you’re better off with 2x the norbuprenorphine and half the available receptors.

Basically it’s just a trial and error thing. No way to use Eigenvectors and differential equations to solve these parallel equations.

So what I’m asking is “at what dose did you find maximum relief”? Was it 1mg, 2mg, 0.5mg?

Thanks again.

It is the long half life of this that makes it so helpful.

After the 5 days of being on 1mg/day or so, I will see if the lower oxy consumption is “real” progress on the taper or if it’s just that norbuprenorphine is stronger than fent.

I had to detox in jail from heroin with absolutely nothing ,almost died it felt like,but antidiarrheal and tagament will help ,I was sick for a week then finally was better. I don't really recommend cold turkey,just saying that I had to do it, due to no other choice and I survived. Kratom will help a lot, I have found that it takes a lot of experimenting to find the right kind for you. I wish you all the luck in the world! Do not go back to that!