• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Trying to quit Oxycodone tomorrow, questions about Subs and Kratom

I think I have most of it yes, so would you say the bupe is doing it’s job? Hope so mate pleased for you if so, I know how hard it can be!!
Thanks, my hope though is that at this point the Bupe has covered up the withdrawals from Oxy and now I can continue without taking anymore Bupe or Oxy and be done since I am soon entering day 4. From my understanding, this is how it can work with Bupe (I also have some Kratom which I will take BEFORE any Bupe if I start feeling too bad again.) Basically, no more Bupe unless absolutely necessary. I also still have that 45mg of Oxy sitting right here, never touched it... Someone told me to flush it, I don't work like that. Knowing I had it as a backup was much more valuable to me than not. If I take it, then I no longer have any backup, it was will power for me to not take it. Plus, I really want to quit and I won't be looking back when I do. I don't share this whole "once an addict you're an addict for life" ideology.

Superb mate, just bare in mind the PAWS and don’t be deterred. That will have been @morpheuspapaverus he does have a point but it’s your journey. Can’t comment on Kratom but looks like you are in control ?

How are you feeling now brother? Oxycodone withdrawal is actually not as bad as longer acting opioids in its length, but the intensity does hit hard. I would have given the advice to wait 18 hours after your last dose if it exceeded 30MG but it seems you have started already.

The main thing here is, you say you cannot get more. To quit Oxy, you truly have to want to quit. Do you plan on taking more when it is available? If not, it may be wise to get into Suboxone therapy. Yes the Naloxone is idiotic but depending where you are, Subutex may not be as easily available. Kratom helped me slightly with withdrawals but it has a very short half-life compared to Bupe.

I highly suggest taking lower doses of the Subutex. Like less than 1MG. Converting to norbuprenorphine really helped me out with pain and feels more like the normal opioid you are used to. For the first few days a daily dose of 8MG may be required but once it is in your system, seriously try 0.5MG or 1MG. It is an excellent painkiller and brings about similar effects to Hydrocodone when norbuprenorphine is active.

I am wishing you the best but please do what is best for yourself. If you are in chronic pain try to find a doctor who will help you out which will save you money and stress or if you want off of opioids I hope you can find a steady supply of Bupe. It takes some people years to successfully transition to complete sobriety but if you commit then you can lower the doses pretty rapidly. If you need any help just shoot me a message man. Good luck

yeah... i tried the vodka thing when i WD from oxy/alprazalom. had to give that up real fuckin quick as it was doing more harm while barley covering symptoms. had to go through it and about lost it. lost two weeks of work but owners were very supportive.
this was before i bird-dogged BL and found some sane/healthier ways to face cessation of a substance.
not a lot i can add but can and do commiserate. it sucks ass. you far in now so all i can do is encourage one to maintain course. if you can stand it go out, do some yardwork and sweat like a MF. move and make some progress on something (not saying over 60 hours isn't a feat) as this will dump some natural good feeling stuff in your brain. ;)
holla back.
best to you

Thanks for the kind words all. @FutureReference I only took Oxy purely for recreation. Yes I can get more if I want to but can't afford to, I have too many other financial worries at this point. As far as Bupe, I'm able to get an unlimited supply of Subutex which is what I've been taking. I have to pay for them but hell I'd have to pay a doctor AND for the script anyway since I currently don't have insurance. I did the math and it's actually cheaper for me to get subs from a friend, American medical industry for ya! I have no aspirations of being on another pill that I have to run the rat race for so this is going to be it for me. I have exactly two 8mg subs left that I will be only snorting 1mg at a time (see previous parts of this thread for more on why snorting) and I'm only doing that AFTER I get really bad and AFTER Kratom doesn't help. 62 hours in and I won't be looking back when this is all over.

Spirits to mask withdrawal yes horrific idea, hangovers in wd are almost unbearable^

I know it’s easier said than done, but try to forget the clock now, mark in days it can help. I concur above, have a run or do some light weights or whatever you enjoy.

Spirits to mask withdrawal yes horrific idea, hangovers in wd are almost unbearable^

I know it’s easier said than done, but try to forget the clock now, mark in days it can help. I concur above, have a run or do some light weights or whatever you enjoy.
I'm not specifically counting the hours, it's more for technical data in case anyone else goes through this or whenever I need to reflect back on myself in the future. :)

Good point yes, was just suggesting what has helped me. I know this may be futile at this point, but don’t underestimate Loperamide if you do need extra options in your arsenal. It was surprisingly effective for me, and I think (not certain) that it won’t affect precipitation but relieve all physical symptoms that may arise.

Good point yes, was just suggesting what has helped me. I know this may be futile at this point, but don’t underestimate Loperamide if you do need extra options in your arsenal. It was surprisingly effective for me, and I think (not certain) that it won’t affect precipitation but relieve all physical symptoms that may arise.
Thanks! I don't think I can take Immodium AD though because of the effects on the heart. I have quite the heart history and blood pressure issues and I think I remember reading about an interaction with that. I do have Ativan that I take daily also, a VERY small dose of 0.125mg though, my doctors says I can jump off that any time and probably not have any w/d at all. I haven't done any Bupe now in around 20 hours and I still feel pretty good, and even 20 hours ago it was only 1mg, and 24 hours ago 1mg, the rest of the bunch I took way before that yesterday. I'm still hopeful. I don't feel the greatest but nowhere near as bad as I was.

Yes you are right, I believe you have to really push it with excessive doses for extended periods of time, but still worth noting of course. I am prescribed Oxy for Colitis but when I have ripped through my script like an idiot, Lope was a puzzling relief and then I started researching it and asked my Uni Prof who enlightened me on its origins.

Good on you buddy, it looks like you are onto a winning path I hope. For me it tends to be waking up from sleep which confirms if withdrawal has passed or not. Keep up the good work, and I’m sure this thread will help many in the future ?

70 hours, I haven't taken anything today except 4 grams of Kratom, a couple hours ago. I'm about to try to sleep for the night. I've contemplated taking a small amount of Bupe but I think I'm going to try without. If I have some real problems sleeping I will allow myself to do that for one night. What I cannot do though is get into the habit of needing that 1mg of Bupe to sleep, that's how I made my mistakes in the first place.

When I first started Oxy, it was sometime in 2011, just occasionally on the weekends. I had a very strict limit of 10mg per night. That went on for probably a year, occasionally I would add a Sunday here and there. Then, I added a Wednesday once or twice because I started feeling just a little under the weather on those days. Maybe each year I would bump up my limit by 5 or 10 milligrams. It wasn't until March of 2015 that I actually started doing Oxy every single day and even back then I had a hard limit of 30mg.

I've done something pretty interesting with my addiction (among other things in my life)....I have kept and tracked data on it. I have a spreadsheet that shows every single day since 2015 of exactly how much I took, and how much each day was taken orally vs snorted. I don't know why I'm just strange for keeping weird data like that. I stayed pretty disciplined for a long time at only 30 milligrams but ultimately lost that battle (250-300mg a day every day for the past year). Since 2015 I had never gone a single day without Oxy. I was very careful and meticulous to never run out, always had some in reserve in case my plug was dry, or lost a plug, or whatever happened. Had some real close calls along the way, but never a day was missed without dosing at least something substantial. Hell, even to this moment I STILL have 45mg sitting right here. I'm not interested in it, but for me, knowing that I had an out, really helped with my anxiety.

So for me, getting through my third day without Oxy feels pretty amazing. I know I've beat it. I don't want to be an addict anymore, so I don't think like an addict. I immediately dismiss any thoughts that an addict would have. If I go around telling myself that "I'm an addict for life", then I'm just a drug user not currently using. It's not a philosophy I'm a fan of. Cheers all!

Yeah I was talking bout snorting subbie.does twice what it would if eaten.tried snorting oxy too.FUCKING INCREDIBLE.they were 80mg ones and it was extremely pleasant and went quite far 8lines out of a tablet is pretty good value.its my new fave roa for non new formulation oxys.even like it better than smoking oxy.also tried snorting 4x5mg oxys and with all that pillfiller it wasn't good and was disappointing eating them is the only option.why anyone would say snorting oxy is a waste I don't know.how do I know these things? Huge amounts of time were spent researching how well oxy goes up your nose and the effect it has.about a hundred 80mg tablets were sacrificed this way bcoz it was far superior to the alternatives.
i think you're full of shit, because youre so constipated from opioids that your brain isn't on track you think snorting oxy isn't wasteful.

Zonxx you seem like one of those ppl who think they're right about everything.and your coming across as a total dick.why don't you just contribute to the topic at hand or remain silent.

Coming to the end of day 4, biggest complaints today were RLS and some random sweats but other than that it wasn't too bad. Had some Kratom this morning, like 4 grams, that's all. Might do another 4 grams this evening but that'll be it. Nothing else to really report on....

Wishing you the best on your journey. I’ve been “recovering” for 2 years now. Once you get past the physical, that can, for some, be enough. It’s the mental battle that is the hardest to overcome. Dexter’s dark passenger was his serial killer tendencies (showtime series). My dark passenger will always be opioids. I like to commend myself for never using needles, or doing the butt-thing, but the reality is, no addict is better than another, if they forever react like pavlov’s dogs to their drug of choice. I fear the day I really need heavy painkillers and they won’t work because my tolerance is forever high. Went 6 months with just suboxone after having a 300mg per day habit that drove me to the brink of bankruptcy. Then purposely stayed off the sub for over a week. Treated myself to some oxy and found my tolerance hadn’t gone down... not a bit. Devastating for me, really. Again best wishes. If you find mind over matter isn’t working so well, seek out a pain dr or clinic who will give suboxone or subutex. If you had a legit script you can state you don’t want to find yourself getting worse. That way they label you as precautionary not an addict they can’t trust.

Wishing you the best on your journey. I’ve been “recovering” for 2 years now. Once you get past the physical, that can, for some, be enough. It’s the mental battle that is the hardest to overcome. Dexter’s dark passenger was his serial killer tendencies (showtime series). My dark passenger will always be opioids. I like to commend myself for never using needles, or doing the butt-thing, but the reality is, no addict is better than another, if they forever react like pavlov’s dogs to their drug of choice. I fear the day I really need heavy painkillers and they won’t work because my tolerance is forever high. Went 6 months with just suboxone after having a 300mg per day habit that drove me to the brink of bankruptcy. Then purposely stayed off the sub for over a week. Treated myself to some oxy and found my tolerance hadn’t gone down... not a bit. Devastating for me, really. Again best wishes. If you find mind over matter isn’t working so well, seek out a pain dr or clinic who will give suboxone or subutex. If you had a legit script you can state you don’t want to find yourself getting worse. That way they label you as precautionary not an addict they can’t trust.

Thanks for the kind words. So you were at the same dose as me then, 300mg a day. I actually am going to have to file bankruptcy for this. Before I was an addict (and during) I was a white-collar IT guy making awesome money working from home full time. I had stellar credit. I could show up at any dealership and probably spot-sign a brand new 100k Corvette if I wanted. I've maxed out credit cards and stopped paying on them, I haven't been working and went through all of my resources basically. I still have my wife and home but I think I've damaged that relationship beyond repair so I don't know. I'm going to be paying for this for a while. One thing (of many) I've learned in this game, all that feel good that we get, we have to pay it all back, with interest.

@ThatGirlOverThere I also find it interesting that your tolerance never changed. Normally I can drop two blues and barely feel them but I was thinking since I hadn't done anything all week probably a quarter of one would hit pretty hard. (Not that I'm going to, just had that thought.) Maybe it doesn't work quite like that. The first hit of the day is always the best so was thinking the longer someone goes, the harder it hits for less. By the way, I love love LOVE Dexter! My favorite all-time series, always and forever! lol

Last edited:
I'm not much for typing a lot so I'm going to keep this as short as I can, but I'm happy to provide more information if anyone needs. I've been using pills for the last 4.5 years. My tolerance has increased to 250-300mg daily of Oxycodone. About 30% of that is snorted, the rest is taken orally, all throughout the day. I don't dose at night. I've been at this level for about 8 months, the 4 months before that I went up from about 60mg to 250mg. For my first three years I managed to stay strictly under 30-40mg, it's only been within the last year that I've gotten way out of control with it.

Okay, so at this point I'm out of resources to get more pills... I HAVE to quit. I've taken Kratom before in times of not having very much Oxy but I've never, not even for one day, have not had at least 60mg to work with. I always keep a couple on hand for emergency, as will be the case tomorrow when I try to quit. Kratom seems to help but I don't think it's a complete solution for me to stay out of WD. I happen to also have 4 Subutex with me, and I can pretty much get as many of those as I want so I'm really wanting to try them but I'm scared to death of precipitated WD after all I've read. There was a time, earlier this year that I had one Suboxone, I went around 10 hours without anything and was feeling pretty bad so I tried snorting maybe 1mg of Suboxone and I remember feeling worse. Then I took another 2mg of it orally (but I didn't know you had to let it dissolve, I basically chewed and swallowed it immediately that day), still felt worse. So after that I learned that the Naloxone activates if you snort or just swallow it like I did so maybe that's why I felt worse? Needless to say I started taking 30's that day until I felt better...

So tomorrow, since I'm working with straight Bupe and no Naloxone I'm feeeling a little better about trying this but I'm still really scared. I've never felt full withdrawals before but I've been close and I don't want to be there. I've had friends tell me that if I wait 8 hours I'll be fine, I have another tell me that I can take Subutex immediately after an Oxy and be absolutely fine (don't know how true that is!). I guess at this point my plan is to wait until I'm like 12 points or so on the COWS scale and then try snorting like 0.5mg of a Subutex and seeing if I feel any better... or...I could do only Kratom and try that? Or I could do both Kratom and Subutex. I'd like some sound advice on this though from someone who has done all three of these and what they think would be a good course of action?

I'm also being told that it doesn't matter how high my tolerance was for Oxycodone, my Bupe requirement will still be very low, and was even told that I'll probably be getting pretty high from it, even nodding since I have never done it, even at low doses. I'm not looking to get high, I just want to be on Bupe long enough to get out of this nasty addiction that's ruining my life.

Thanks for any help!
tey loperamide +gabapentin/pregabalin instead, mucj better combo to quit. Bupe os just replacing one addiction for another