• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Trying to quit Oxycodone tomorrow, questions about Subs and Kratom

I find if you tell yourself that it's pointless panicking and working yourself up isn't going to do anything but keep you at maximum edgyness.the only way out of it is through it.

Almost 32 to hours. Still feel pretty bad, probably not as bad as I did but nowhere near not being sick. At this point I've taken an equivilent of 12mg of Bupe. Asked some friends about it and they said I probably just haven't taken enough, I had a big habit at 300mg a day, it's probably going to take at least two full subs to make me feel better. I don't know if I should continue to take more or what.

41 hours in. I do feel a little better, I suspect the Bupe has kicked in, I'm nowhere near "better" though, I'm probably about 50% as sick as I was at my worst. I might go the rest of this with no more Bupe doses just to see if I can be done with it all. I finally ate a small meal, which I hadn't done in over 48 hours. Will report later tonight.

46 hours... I feel probably about the same as I did last time, around 50% compared to my worst. Some of the cold sweats are coming back which I find particularly annoying. I've decided to snort the Subs rather than taking it sublingually because I've done a lot of reading on it and it's a much more efficient way to do them. I only have two left so I need to be careful with how much more I use. I snorted 1mg a couple hours ago, meh.... I just think my body is so used to having Oxy for the last several years that anything else just isn't making it happy. Hopefully my friends who've said "I'm through the worst of it" are right. Day 3 can also be rough though so will see.... I'm calling this my home stretch so my future is hopeful. I'm going to *try* to sleep some. Thanks everyone who has followed.

Yes your so used to oxy that your going through what I call"adjustment".
I've had the same thing happen when switching to from one to another opiate.it takes a few days to a week in extreme cases.definetely start snorting them.its twice as effective.

Yes your so used to oxy that your going through what I call"adjustment".
I've had the same thing happen when switching to from one to another opiate.it takes a few days to a week in extreme cases.definetely start snorting them.its twice as effective.
fuck. you. NEVER SNORT OXY. WORTHLESS YOUR ADVICE IS SO BAD.. it'll give you a rush my orally, the bioavailablility (how much you absorb is 65-85% DO NOT SNORT OXYCODONE unless you wish to waste them. please. and the adjustment phase must be incredibly difficult, i sympathize so much, this isn't HR advice but, i'd say go grab a bottle of liquor, half a glass, relax, sleep, cook or order somthing good, and let the days pass

i firmly believe you can adjust, BUT - the 'feeling/memory' of the drug will be with you forever, but you can def live without it, i wish you luck and hope you give us status reports

the best thing you can do is, to keep busy (this is again, bad advice. seriously bad however, i saved 4 days of meds, 12 100's morph, ugh idk how many oxy/hydros) using adderall aswell as gabapentin/pregab

Pregabalin and gabapentin will REALLY help and aren't nearly as addictive or anything likethat as long as youdon't go crazy with them like i did eating fucking 600-1400 pills last month) but that was mostly because i was stimmed out and using them to combat the edge which i find they work better for that than a real benzo because theyre so passive and theraputically you barely notice themexcept for the REALLY REDUCED opiate craving.

sorry for sayingfuck you btw, i'm alittle cracked/ampd right now but your advice was worse than suggesting sticking rocks up your ass thinking they'd turn to gold

To maximize effectiveness of the active ingredient in suboxone at the binding sites, allow plenty of time for all other opioid-receptor binding agents to clear out. Like everyone else says, wait as long as possible before you dose. Allow yourself to get into withdrawal as far as you have been before, and then some. When you dose with bupe without any opioids hanging onto binding locations, you maximize your comfort as well from this point forward and relief will be immediate. Disregard the panicky feeling. Anxiety is one of the side-effects of discontinued opiate use, and will generally go away to a very great degree once you introduce the suboxone.

The answer to this is pretty easy. You're going to have to endure some withdrawal and then administer small amounts of Buprenorphine to check for precipitated withdrawal. Keep administering the crumbs until you get to an appropriate level of symptom management or you start to feel a more intense withdrawal syndrome, indicating PW and that you have dosed too early. There is no need to start right off with 8mg Buprenorphine. Starting with moderate dosages seems like a good idea at the time, because you feel like shit, but remind yourself that it can get exponentially shittier if you mess this up.\

There are drugs that can be used to medicate the more serious symptoms, but we need to know exactly what you have access to. Kratom (Mitragynine) seems to exert a great deal of its effects by agonizing Opioid receptors, which is why I and others do refer to it as an Opioid. There is always the possibility of attempting to ween yourself off of the high dose Oxycodone using the Kratom, but I think this is kind of delaying the inevitable. Those Opioids are gonna leave your body one way or another if you go through with this. I recommend making a commitment and doing as much as you can do at once, while still functioning.

This means getting sleep, eating/drinking, going to work etc. If any of these basic needs fall through, you will find yourself in a helpless position.

Do you have any access to drugs that could comfort you through the acute withdrawal phase? Including Cannabis? I know it might seem daunting, but I've seen many, many other BL'ers go through this process safely and successfully, so you can too! You can send me a message if you're looking for more in-depth advice and procedure. Otherwise, good luck and we have your back!

Thanks for the responses everyone but.... 56 hours in at this point since my last dose of Oxycodone... I finally got some sleep - 7 hours - woke up a few times drenched in sweat so I feel like my body was working hard to push out the toxins. I actually feel fine now though! It's probably a combination of the Bupe kicked in fully and most of the bad part is behind me. My only symptom at this time is a very slight runny nose and not a lot of energy but definitely not sick like I was! I plan to not take anymore Bupe at this point unless I start feeling real sick again and then just a little. And Zonxx, he wasn't talking about snorting Oxy, he was talking about snorting Buprenorphine, I'm not sure if you read the entire thread?

Yeah I was talking bout snorting subbie.does twice what it would if eaten.tried snorting oxy too.FUCKING INCREDIBLE.they were 80mg ones and it was extremely pleasant and went quite far 8lines out of a tablet is pretty good value.its my new fave roa for non new formulation oxys.even like it better than smoking oxy.also tried snorting 4x5mg oxys and with all that pillfiller it wasn't good and was disappointing eating them is the only option.why anyone would say snorting oxy is a waste I don't know.how do I know these things? Huge amounts of time were spent researching how well oxy goes up your nose and the effect it has.about a hundred 80mg tablets were sacrificed this way bcoz it was far superior to the alternatives.

The advice about grabbing a bottle of liquor sounds like the worst advice you could give anyone.seriously shitty advice.drinking when going thru withdrawal symptoms when you're not already an alcoholic sounds like a recipe for vomiting.stupid idea.

Don’t worry we hear you @IbanezOhio many of us have had this or a similar dilemma. The half life question is the easy bit. You have to work it like this........

If you take 45mg ir Oxy, then every 6hrs approx you will eliminate half so 22.5 mg left at 6hrs. 6hrs later then you will be at 11.25 and so on. My suggestion would be as @morpheuspapaverus said, don’t flush the Oxy but scrap it as a taper at this point. I would like to think at 20hrs you will feel some relief taking your bupe. Hope this helps a little.

Don’t worry we hear you @IbanezOhio many of us have had this or a similar dilemma. The half life question is the easy bit. You have to work it like this........

If you take 45mg ir Oxy, then every 6hrs approx you will eliminate half so 22.5 mg left at 6hrs. 6hrs later then you will be at 11.25 and so on. My suggestion would be as @morpheuspapaverus said, don’t flush the Oxy but scrap it as a taper at this point. I would like to think at 20hrs you will feel some relief taking your bupe. Hope this helps a little.

Thank you for the advice but I'm WAY past that now... 60 hours in....

I think I have most of it yes, so would you say the bupe is doing it’s job? Hope so mate pleased for you if so, I know how hard it can be!!