• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Trying to quit Oxycodone tomorrow, questions about Subs and Kratom

IbanezOhio

Bluelighter
I'm not much for typing a lot so I'm going to keep this as short as I can, but I'm happy to provide more information if anyone needs. I've been using pills for the last 4.5 years. My tolerance has increased to 250-300mg daily of Oxycodone. About 30% of that is snorted, the rest is taken orally, all throughout the day. I don't dose at night. I've been at this level for about 8 months, the 4 months before that I went up from about 60mg to 250mg. For my first three years I managed to stay strictly under 30-40mg, it's only been within the last year that I've gotten way out of control with it.

Okay, so at this point I'm out of resources to get more pills... I HAVE to quit. I've taken Kratom before in times of not having very much Oxy but I've never, not even for one day, have not had at least 60mg to work with. I always keep a couple on hand for emergency, as will be the case tomorrow when I try to quit. Kratom seems to help but I don't think it's a complete solution for me to stay out of WD. I happen to also have 4 Subutex with me, and I can pretty much get as many of those as I want so I'm really wanting to try them but I'm scared to death of precipitated WD after all I've read. There was a time, earlier this year that I had one Suboxone, I went around 10 hours without anything and was feeling pretty bad so I tried snorting maybe 1mg of Suboxone and I remember feeling worse. Then I took another 2mg of it orally (but I didn't know you had to let it dissolve, I basically chewed and swallowed it immediately that day), still felt worse. So after that I learned that the Naloxone activates if you snort or just swallow it like I did so maybe that's why I felt worse? Needless to say I started taking 30's that day until I felt better...

So tomorrow, since I'm working with straight Bupe and no Naloxone I'm feeeling a little better about trying this but I'm still really scared. I've never felt full withdrawals before but I've been close and I don't want to be there. I've had friends tell me that if I wait 8 hours I'll be fine, I have another tell me that I can take Subutex immediately after an Oxy and be absolutely fine (don't know how true that is!). I guess at this point my plan is to wait until I'm like 12 points or so on the COWS scale and then try snorting like 0.5mg of a Subutex and seeing if I feel any better... or...I could do only Kratom and try that? Or I could do both Kratom and Subutex. I'd like some sound advice on this though from someone who has done all three of these and what they think would be a good course of action?

I'm also being told that it doesn't matter how high my tolerance was for Oxycodone, my Bupe requirement will still be very low, and was even told that I'll probably be getting pretty high from it, even nodding since I have never done it, even at low doses. I'm not looking to get high, I just want to be on Bupe long enough to get out of this nasty addiction that's ruining my life.

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:
Never have an oxy THEN take suboxone or straight bupe this is how precipitated wd's start.its the bupe not the naloxone thats causing precipitation.naloxone is inactive orally or snorting or smoking ive found.punch your friend in the face who said that you'd be fine taking oxythen subbie.ALWAYS HAVE THE BUPE OR SUBOXONE FIRST.If u have kept the dose low enough under about 2mg then wait a couple of hours and then have your other stuff.at high doses 8mg+ ppl have had a shot of 80mg pure H and nothing.absolutely nothing.no effect completely blocked by the bupe.ive had a few mgs ain the morning and at lunch had 160mg of codeine and was fukt quite nicely.but another time after having codeine all-day and subbie at night felt like shit for hrs had to take a few codeine s before I felt better.never do that if u want to avoid feeling shitty.

Yeah, I kind of figured he was mistaken. So how much Bupe do you think I'm going to need a day to be right? Also, how long should I wait? Would I be okay at 12 hours? By then I'm usually having some cold sweats and some anxiety, dialated pupils, but it's manageable. By 16-18 hours I start really feeling shitty. Just not sure how long I need to wait and if I do it too soon and cause PW, what do I do? Do more? Wait and do more?

The longer you wait the more it will do.try and go at least 12 hrs.i found when I was taking codeine one day I'd be fine taking bupe the next bcoz it's a weak opiate but taking tramadol one day and bupe the next is always shitty because of how long tramadol lasts.i don't know about oxy but I'd say it'll be okay.maybe someone with more expertise in the oxy-sub conversion could weigh in here.

And I'd say start a 2mg maybe4mg.4mg seemed together rid of withdrawal from a 250mg a day He habit.smoking not injecting.idsay go in 1mg increments and try to keep it low.at first it'll not be too strong but as the days go by it'll do more and more as the oxy gets out of your system.if you get thru the day on a couple of mg then 1panadeine forte does a lot more than it usually would almost like it's been potentiated.maybe you won't need it but I always do.

Cool thanks for your help! I see the Tramadol half-life is 6 hours while Oxy is around 4, so definitely not a whole day but probably around 18 hours is the ultimate safe point. I don't think I can go that long tho....

My personal experience with half life numbers is its not really related to how long it lasts or how long before withdrawals start.it might have something to do with how long it's detectable in your system.

If you're intention is to get off it I'd say keep the dose as low as possible and try to keep lowering it.when it's low enough I'd try and switch to one dose of codeine a day and then ween off the suboxone then quit the codeine cold turkey.codeines withdrawals are mild by comparison to other opiates.depending on where u live it might be easy or hard to get.

Why not a very slow tapper with the oxy? I can help you to plan that out, don't get on the trams, not worth it. Idk if kratom would make all the w/d disappear with that huge tolerance. If you are not comfortable with the bupe and you still have access to oxy, you can go down 20 mg per week till 100mg, then go down 10mg per week till 30 mg then 5 mg decreased per week until done.

If your going from the 100's of oxy you will need more then .5. I would wait a day and take 2mg and slowly increase by 1mg till you feel ok then decrease the bupe by .5 a day.

Why not a very slow tapper with the oxy? I can help you to plan that out, don't get on the trams, not worth it. Idk if kratom would make all the w/d disappear with that huge tolerance. If you are not comfortable with the bupe and you still have access to oxy, you can go down 20 mg per week till 100mg, then go down 10mg per week till 30 mg then 5 mg decreased per week until done.

Not an option for me, all mine came from the street and I don't have any money left for more. All I have is 45mg here of Oxy which I haven't touched all day and 4 Subutex, which I also haven't touched all day. I bought some Kratom this morning, have taken about 8 grams of it so far.. It's been 12 hours since my last dose of Oxy.

If your going from the 100's of oxy you will need more then .5. I would wait a day and take 2mg and slowly increase by 1mg till you feel ok then decrease the bupe by .5 a day.

I'm not sure I can wait a full day...I'm at 12 hours now and feel pretty crappy.

You have to, if your timing is not right you'll feel much worse. If you only got 45mg oxy left flush it away, fuck the temptation. If you got any benzo or weed to help you through till you dose the bupe, it could be helpful. But no more benzos after beginning the bupe, not a healthy mix.

You have to, if your timing is not right you'll feel much worse. If you only got 45mg oxy left flush it away, fuck the temptation. If you got any benzo or weed to help you through till you dose the bupe, it could be helpful. But no more benzos after beginning the bupe, not a healthy mix.

I'm reading that you need to be around a 14 on the COWS before starting bupe, I'm like 10 right now. There's so much confusion around the timing and waiting. I've had friends tell me that all they ever wait is 8 hours and they're fine. I do have Ativan, I take it daily also already.

If you don't wait you will be in worse agony than you are right now. Ativan will help and anything to occupy your mind.