⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television True Detective

Finished true detective earlier, amazing
My brother had the pleasure of being reco'd it by me after series was over. He didn't sleep that night and watched it straight w/ only bathroom/food breaks lol.

i watched the first 7 episodes this past saturday went to bed then finished the 8th episode. damn,that was a great hunk of tv!

I marvel at your ability to fall asleep at e07, good sir. that's something i'm unsure i'll ever achieve.

I watched the entire season in an afternoon the other week. Jesus Christ, i havn't enjoyed television like that in forever. The six-minute single tracking shot, no edits, no cuts of Rust breaking into the house in the projects was one of the most engaging and intense scenes i've ever seen.

The writing for this was very well done, i'm still captivated by this 2 minute scene with Rust on letting go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xvhKRX4HLI

I watched the entire season in an afternoon the other week. Jesus Christ, i havn't enjoyed television like that in forever. The six-minute single tracking shot, no edits, no cuts of Rust breaking into the house in the projects was one of the most engaging and intense scenes i've ever seen.

The writing for this was very well done, i'm still captivated by this 2 minute scene with Rust on letting go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xvhKRX4HLI

hadn't heard of the show til I saw a link to that segment and, after watchin, was 100% addiccted.

i watched the first 7 episodes this past saturday went to bed then finished the 8th episode. damn,that was a great hunk of tv!

^lol @ these

I pretty much binged on all 8 Episodes over one and a half days; about three weeks ago. Just totally enamoured with the whole style, writing, score, camera-work, acting etc. It's truly, a thing of beauty! :D

Also, was completely depressed out of my skull, so it was such a welcome, restorative endeavour to actually enjoy something that mirrored the dark, complexitiy of shit that I was feeling att. heh ;)

Have not enjoyed a TV series, as much as this , since Twin Peaks, back in the day (TV shows generally don't appeal to me at all tbph (save for Breaking Bad)).

There is an array of Writing Material lists, which are either referenced in, or contain some related themes or styles to the series; littered all over the Internet - still, I'll post a concise one here for anyone who is interested.

I re-watched from half-way through #4 to the end of #8 two nights ago.... jesus christ this was a great show!!

Any help ID'ing the classical music that's playing when maggie goes to cohle's apartment? (45.5min into episode 6) Or even similar music recommendations would be very, very appreciated. Love classical and that's one of my favorite 'types' but have no idea how to identify it.. closest I have in my own collection is giovanni pergolesi's 'Stabat Mater' - which is great - but would love to know more of that type!

I'll find it for you, and similar tracks

Incredibly appreciated, thank you!! I'd meant to ask this weeks ago but it slipped my mind... was just listening to classical, this popped in my head, and now I'm watching episode7 and gonna finish out the series once again lol!
Really, thank you very much though :)

I read fast, so when I saw that 1st line I saw 'glenn beck' LOL! And no, that's not even close, but the 2nd one is it!!! How would I 'categorize' that type of classical? I guess I like 3 'types' of classical:
1) "intense" ('O Fortuna'; 'the Montagues and Capulets'; etc)
2) "choir/soothing", of which I'd consider the song in question (I love many songs of this type, but *much* prefer when there's actually vocals in them on top of instruments)
3) "generic" ie beethoven/mozart type stuff that's more 'general'...
I know that's such a ridiculous way to categorize classical, but I know nothing of it, I just download "top 100 classical" batches, play through then delete 80%+, and have a good 'batch' accruing of stuff I like, but yeah zero way to categorize it or learn more when I need to, so any recommendations on 'this' type that you helped me find (or even the proper way to phrase/categorize it) would be epic, I'd be online all night dl'ing more haha!

Not a problem at all :)

Speaking of classical....

HOLY SHIT!! Dude that's my 2nd fave song of all time, from all genres (1st is also beethoven, the 'fur elise'(sp?) song) Talk about talent lol.

/massive derailment, but probably ok considering series is over for a while!
//edit-to-add: that song(moonlight sonata) is what actually piqued my interest in classical a long time ago; heard it in SLCpunk when they're tripping, found out what it was (that was simple/google, didn't need to ask for help w/ that one haha), and it was my favorite song for many years until I heard fur elise, which bumped moonlight to 2nd place.

After watching True Detective, I realized this show is much better than Sherlock Holmes. Sherlock Holmes is just overrated.