⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television True Detective

NSFW:
I thought the same as well, more as a joke and the least likely person responsible. Like...why the fuck would Maggie visit Rust? How did she know where he was (besides Marty telling her at some point not shown in the episode)?
That pristine white SUV.

I've sort of started to think that the mythology of the King in Yellow is more like an archetype, either random people know it as something people have known always, like the Sphinx, Slender Man, a demon, etc, the land of 2 Suns, etc.

Or its a plant. Someone has gone to deliberate lengths to create a mythology that has no meaning. Have you heard about the King in Yellow? Yeah, man, he's the biggest meth cook in Lousiana, etc. He's got fangs and shoots lightning out of his asshole. He's a vampire that keeps children in a big mansion on the hill for his own pleasure. He/It is the proverbial boogie man that hides under your bed.

It kinda reminds me of The Lawnmower Man, the King short story not the movie.

NSFW:
I thought the same as well, more as a joke and the least likely person responsible. Like...why the fuck would Maggie visit Rust? How did she know where he was (besides Marty telling her at some point not shown in the episode)?
That pristine white SUV.

I've sort of started to think that the mythology of the King in Yellow is more like an archetype, either random people know it as something people have known always, like the Sphinx, Slender Man, a demon, etc, the land of 2 Suns, etc.

Or its a plant. Someone has gone to deliberate lengths to create a mythology that has no meaning. Have you heard about the King in Yellow? Yeah, man, he's the biggest meth cook in Lousiana, etc. He's got fangs and shoots lightning out of his asshole. He's a vampire that keeps children in a big mansion on the hill for his own pleasure. He/It is the proverbial boogie man that hides under your bed.

It kinda reminds me of The Lawnmower Man, the King short story not the movie.
NSFW:

I thought/think she's joking, there's *zero* chance it's maggie lol, that would be ridiculous to teh point of ludicrous. Hell, how old was she in '85?
I also doubt it'll be a spook, a 'name-shield', w/o any singular person behind it.

Yellow King's (obviously) not the chubby scar-faced guy, he's too big to be the person in the video approaching the girl, and far too..'dumb'.. to be running anything, unless "yellow king" is his protector/benefactor, although that means 1 episode to bring in someone more evil than spaghetti-face.

I also think that reading too much into yellow king book is a waste of time, it's like when Lost was on and ppl read every book that the stranded ppl had on that island, thinking there were clues. I'm just hoping they can wrap true detectives better than Lost was wrapped, because it'd be an f'ing shame if this ends w/o a bang

^it's probably #2 or 3, it's while he was being interviewed/questioned, he alludes to it, it cuts to flashback of him driving w/ the streetlights blurring then he mentions synasthesia in regards to all the drugs he did while a narc.
/never heard of synasthesia as side effect of classical narcotics like he was using, but in a show that's got a redneck meth cook who's somehow able to cook lsd I guess it don't matter to the general audience.

Is Rust planning to kill himself following whatever the conclusion of the case may be? Closing the loop and all that?
I'm really looking forward to the "conclusion."

"Sure hope that old lady was wrong"

"About what?"

"About death not being the end of it"

I just love this guy

^^^loved that.

I just went outside and had a conversation to myself acting like I was Rust. He's the fucking best. I hope my neighbors didn't hear me. No way this show can end without disappointment. I hope I'm wrong.

was it a rust talking to rust, or rust talking to chickenscratch?
/ie, 1 voice \ tone, or 2?

can't even begin to guess if they both live after finale, wouldn't be surprised either way. feels as if they both in IDGAF mode with what went down on the boat. not much to live for except to put an end to this...

tbh i will be disappointed if we have seen the last of audrey. the dolls, drawings... i just think she had to of been exposed to the wicked ways of the yellow king somehow. would be great to end the season with one of her paintings that has some occult imagery.

Does HBO do paid-streaming or anything? Cannot wait hrs for this to go online :(

Last edited by a moderator:
*order pizza*

*Watch TWD and True Detective with my hands mostly covering my eyes and all the lights out*

Sundays are the best days.

NSFW:

After reading the interview with series creator, I knew it wouldn't get too...supernatural. All the theories were way too far-fetched. But, I liked how his half-sister and Errol, himself, and others believed it. Rust's vision of the cosmos, though?

The house of terrors that the "Yellow King" lived in? My skin felt like it was crawling the whole time. And, I could barely breath when Rust followed him in the culvert/aqueduct.

Marty now has something to live for again. And Rust knows his daughter is waiting for him. Does this mean acceptance of her death?

I don't know how to properly do spoiler tags.

i think we were all wrong?

NSFW:
but not really? the yellow king is real/not real, i mean it's, real enough. he's errol's father & grandfather - "old bill" - who raped errol's half sister, as we so gloriously learn while errol is 'making flowers' with his sister (mother?). pander is skipping thru right now to show me that 'old bill' is actually alive as we go through the house with marty. i haven't finished the yellow king, but the nonsense errol is spewing when he isn't being cary grant or whoever is straight from some of the stories in yellow king. oh shit! totally alive. oh shit totally alive. so old bill is the tuttle relation we were all looking for, but i just don't understand the time line for dora lange. 'talking about she met a king'. errol talks about acolytes and 'little priests' when he's taunting rust - was dora taken to be seen by 'the king' before she was murdered? i'm finding it hard to believe that errol would let her go about her meth smoking tricking before murdering her after she met his grand/father, who is living a certain kind of life, there in the temple as the yellow king. although, i guess everything else makes sense. she was convinced she was going to be a part of carcosa, a 'nun', errol was keeping her crazy high with supplies from reggie ledoux (an acolyte of the yellow king as well), she just didn't realize that being a part of carcosa meant she was going to die.

but so many bodies. i mean you got mummies in carcosa and you got bodies in the dirt, are those children? the bodies in the dirt? why put dora & lake charles girl out in the cane fields you don't own? is it specific to the ritual that you couldn't conduct in carcosa?

also random side note - rust talks to marty about scent meat in the car on the way to errol's. in carcosa he smells the bag of ??? hanging from a devil's nest right before he gets brutal stabbed.

Last edited:
NSFW:
tumblr_n27dkszKHw1qawxnko1_500.gif

tumblr_n27dkszKHw1qawxnko2_500.gif

limp dicks

^ i laughed

gotta wrap my head around it all, don't feel a need to re-watch it from the beginning to end. i "get it" but just from a t.v. episode im not sure if i liked how it all ended even if it was nicely wrapped up in a bow like the pack of cigs. perhaps i, like many others are guilty of making something out of nothing and hyped it up too much to be let down by the finale. i just dunno, it works but i don't feel like i did after other great shows finished.

it was a fun ride tho, that's for sure. see y'all next season =)

reading this interview with nic p http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-wa...eator-nic-pizzolatto-looks-back-on-season-1/1

Can you tell me anything at all about season 2?

Nic Pizzolatto: Okay. This is really early, but I'll tell you (it's about) hard women, bad men and the secret occult history of the United States transportation system.

8(

Last edited:
Eventually it got to the point where the show wasn't gonna be able to live up to the hype. People looked way too into it and blew it up to be simething more than it was. In interviews the writer specifically told us Errol was the killer, it wasn't going to involve anything supernatural, rust and Marty aren't the killers, there's not any huge twists, and the show is a CHARACTER STUDY, not a whodunit.

NSFW:
In reply to some of u guys, it's obvious there are more important people involved, though we're never gonna find out the whole story. More than likely the murders are gonna stop now that their fortress has been discovered, they've lost their handy man (Errol), and lost their drug suppliers. I think the explanation for why Dora's murder was so different than the others has something to do with Reggie and the other guy. They wanted to create some sort of spectacle, maybe to brag to their friends or w.e (the idea of the younger members acting out of procedure)

I never thought there was any connection between martys daughters and the killings. Kids grow up, they learn stuff about sex from tv and their friends, and sometimes they go goth. To me their sole purpose was to showcase Marty's home life or lack there of. If we ONLY saw the "detective" Marty, then the show and character has no depth, and in the end its a character study.

I loved the season finale, but feel they left ALOT unanswered. For starters, that huge cosmic spiral looking thing, that's a huge WTF. the logical explanation is its another one of cohles flashbacks, but we've never seen him react to them as he did then. And this is after he's been living with them for an additional 17 years. You even hear Marty ask about them earlier in the episode.

Also when cohle goes back to the Dora Lange scene years later and finds that twig circular birds nest looking things, wtf was that??? Was the tree site a way to access carcosa? And was the circular twig thing some sort of portal? Was Dora a sacrifice and THAT'S why her murder was so different than the others??

Altho I gotta say for a show without any twist endings I feel like cohles epiphany was the biggest twist of all

Last edited: