Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television True Detective

great show i would recomended it to anyone the ending.i really want to see how good is the second season.And what actors they bring

I won't judge the show on the first episode alone, it took me about three episodes to really soak in the first season.. i think a show like this needs time to build character backgrounds; that said Colin Farrell is already the most interesting character and so far the most into his role.. Vince Vaughn seems out of place, but i'm willing to see how it develops.

safe to say we won't be getting any rust cohle-isms from farrell, that's okay tho. can't wait to get into the plot this season tho, love that it's set in california and has an interesting cast of characters... hippie dad, one daughter cop, one doing webcam... all that stuff found in dudes pad 8(

i wasn't really feelin it at the start like in season 1 as soon as rust spoke, but the last scene really left me wanting more. down the rabbit hole we go

not a spoiler, just funny scene. DELETE MY BROWSER HISTORY
NSFW:
kEgQfQ4.jpg

I was pretty happy with the first episode, the show could still go either way but at this point I think it looks promising.

Looking forward to seeing how it pans out over the next few weeks!

Second episode sold me. - It's different from the first season as expected, but im liking what im seeing so far.

dude what the fuck?

i was like YES KILL HIM OFF

oh wait he's not dead

i'm officially over this show. i'll keep watching, but i do not care one fucking lick what happens anymore. it's way too crowded with three detectives (four if we're calling fat ass at the silo always smoking and not being helpful and or frank) who hardly ever interact together and who cares if home boy is gay? should be obvious after we met his vile incesty mother in that trailer park.

ugh.

Agreed, it does seem too crowded. Im conflicted about this season so far

i can't watch season 2 at all. Season 1 was pretty epic.

S2 just lacks everything

No I don't believe so. Cheers I will check out Fargo, looks alrite

"They took his shoes out of his gym locker"
"And what... what, shit in them?!"

I think Det. Velcro beats out Marty Hart for best line of the season

I lost all interest in this show.. i was half-way through episode five and kept getting distracted with other stuff and i simply have no desire to finish it. There is nothing engaging about the story or characters; with the exception Colin Farrel the rest of the cast look like cardboard cutout caricatures meandering through confused and unsure of themselves, and the plot is so convoluted and poorly written that you get fragmented scenes showing up all over the place. It's an utter mess.

I think Pizzolatto had a a lot of time to write and perfect the first season, but with it's success also came the pressure to pump out another script within the span of a year, the end result unfortunately been this waste of time.

It's a shame.

I was so stoked for season 2 after being caught off guard and blown away with season 1.

So far I've been pretty disappointed with the 5 episodes that have aired. There are a few scattered scenes that I thought came out OK. Mostly though,I`m just not digging the show.Although, I`ll watch the last 2 episodes and finish out the season. Mainly because I feel like I`ve invested too much time not to see it through.

One thing that bothers me is that season 2`s plot line feels a whole lot like an old Scooby-Doo episode. When the gang finally captures the ghost pirates/pirate ghosts, first they`re shocked to realize they just caught real people. Then they get shocked again when under the mask is the same local they met at the beginning. And the reason usually turns out to be some real estate scam. Scare the locals away,then buy the property cheap and sell high.

Sure we have a dead guy at the start but the show`s plot is basically the same thing,no matter how convoluted it`s getting.

There's not much else on TV with the same production value. I like it. Farrell has been great in it.

^ My honest advice is don't bother with it. I watched all 8 episodes convinced it would somehow tie together and at least turn out decent, that never happened...