married
kids &
the only driver in the family...

some days are ideal, and with nobody checking
a little lucy is a fine idea,
why bother anyone with excess useless information unless
they need a drive, and I can't or won't or shouldn't,

so some times it slips through,
undetected (bonus, no explanation or confusion) and sometimes it is revealed.
due to others being accustomed to accessing the driver etc.,
I prefer not to externalize the decision/permission aspect of "free" time.
outside of the family, among friends, generally it is not necessary to discuss, especially if others are into wine...

occasionally I am asked, "are you stoned" and usually I am not. it's a bit weird, but maybe weird for the people too.

Heh heh I couldn't imagine anyone describing you as weird !;)

i recently took a 3 year hiatus from all substances - i got to a pretty dark place at one point, mostly w/booze, but a lot of rcs and other things too.

i'm in much better place in my life and have begun exploring altered states for a few months now, posted a couple of trip reports here.

i have a reasons for not always discussing my 'status', if you will. i've had about three or 4 recent experiences, w/ friends and family on low doses of both 2c-e, 5-meo-mipt and cactus. was i 'tripping', i don't know. i go out w/ friends who all drink, which i don't do - so if i wanna dose on 5mg of 5-meo-mipt for a bit of a mood lift, and give the night some xtra sparkle, i probably won't mention it: for the same reason that someone mentioned in a previous reply, when non-tripping people find out you are 'tripping', the irritating questions tend to flow.

(i keep putting tripping in quotes because i don't really consider low doses of these substances to be hallucinogenic, but they can enhance a night, sort of like an 8 hour 'happy' pill. would i go meet a few friends for drinks or dinner or something on 18mg of 2c-e, um, no)

i don't like when experiences such as these become about the drugs, the details of the subjective experience and less about human connection. some beautiful moments came out of those experiences during which i was altered, but keeping my state to myself.

and i know, absolutely, that the last dinner party i went to was enhanced for everyone because i was on 5-meo-mipt. did they know? no, but i definitely behaved differently, in a positive sense, and it brought out the same in the rest of the group. it's like when i go out w/ friends sober, and i actually get a lot more comfortable, chatty and relaxed after everyone's downed a couple.

i find low doses of certain substances to be great, even, to chill w/my 93 yr old nana, she can't tell i'm altered but i'm perceiving her slightly, maybe getting her more, seeing not her age but her. it's also easier to imagine a horse and buggy driving down main street on 9mg of 2c-e, that's for sure.

i recently asked a friend, out of the blue, to come over, we used to do some heavy partying. he came over, joined me in quite the 2c-e ride, and we had a fabulous time. much of the trip was spent with the 2 of us wearing headphones and microphones, connected to a mini disc player and just talking softly, goofing on npr: we each laughed harder than we had in awhile. obviously, with him, the cat is out of its bag. it's too bad that we're living in this fucked up, never ending era of prohibition - i feel like there could be a lot of therapeutic value w/these things. my friend and i, we healed a seriously large rift in our friendship which would have been impossible sober.

wow, long, convoluted post, but, i mean, it's a psychedelic drug forum.

I can't imagine telling anyone besides my close friends. If I'm not dosing with someone they really don't need to know.

And I've always had a huge dose of "drug guilt." There was no way I could ever pull off being stoned around my parents, I wasn't even able to meet their eyes because I felt so guilty. But tripping is completely different. Hallucinogens can be "good drugs", a concept most of the world can't grasp, and I feel good about taking them.

I see telling someone who doesn't know/can't tell as selfishly burdening them with information. It's fucking with their head unnecessarily, as they're gonna go off wondering what their reactions to you mean about them, what it means you think about them, etc- or they are gonna feel like they have to be on your side and look out for you for the duration of your trip.

Of course there are exceptions to my little rule, but for the most part when I see people talking about tripping they are ignorant preachers or inexperienced trippers opening themselves to the world "What are you seein man is this freakinnnn you out?!?!"

soooo happy at the thought of you quietly "sparkling" away on 5-meo-mipt amongst a tableful of dinner party guests, phillo....=D

personally i couldn't imagine having a partner who doesn't condone or at leastaccept my use. i wouldn't want to have relationship where I'd have to hide something of that big an impact

If I plan to trip alone, I usually tell somebody before I'm going to trip. I figure it's good for somebody to know what's up in case something really off-the-wall happens (I have a bad reaction, freak out, injure myself, whatever). At the very least it usually means that I know there's at least one person I can call on the phone if things get too scary.

(Besides, it's good luck to give and receive good vibes with your friends before you go on a trip! ;) )

No because i ussually trip with my friends, I avoid talking about it with people i dont know that well and people who don't do drugs, but i don't lie about it :\

When I was experimenting with Morning Glory and Hawaiian Baby Woodrose (LSA) I would dose and then come over to my buddies' house. I never tripped harder than a body high, so they usually didn't notice unless I would occasionally space out.

A couple times I dosed on 2c-e, low doses to get an idea of what dose I will want to try for a real trip, and nobody noticed. They aren't against people doing drugs, but they aren't much into them. It is kind of interesting to be tripping without people knowing. Sometimes I will get on a little mind trip and be slightly paranoid and think "Oh no! Maybe he's starting to think something is up!" But then I immediately remember that it really doesn't matter. I usually end up telling them anyway, it's just kind of interesting to see if they will notice.

I wouldn't trip in an environment where it actually matters if people notice something is up. Except at Disneyland, I really want to trip there.

i tripped a lot my first few month of freshman year at college..my first exposure to LSD and i couldnt get enough. I told my friends i was doing it about half the time and the other half would just chill trippin without them knowing.

i came home from break and tripped with my high school friends while we went skiing and they didnt notice a thing.

i usually come clean after a while though..i dont really hide the fact that i do drugs i just dont tell everyone every time i do them.

I was once camping with a group of pretty straight friends. Teacher, doctor, nurse. I was smoking some weed at the fire and one of my friends was objecting to it. We talked about responsible drug use and I really destroyed all his points while incredibly baked which I point out to him. Later I told him I'd eaten 1.5mg of DOC in the morning and been tripping literally all day with him none-the-wiser. He is still confused, but he will learn.

had DXM and 2c-b in college... different collages... peopleknew about the dxm cause i was holding a bottle cough syrup but the 2c-b people just thought i was mad xD

...They think that anyway tho nobody knew i was on drugs oO

Have to do acid next in college... Yaaas...

Pimp Lazy said:
I was once camping with a group of pretty straight friends. Teacher, doctor, nurse. I was smoking some weed at the fire and one of my friends was objecting to it. We talked about responsible drug use and I really destroyed all his points while incredibly baked which I point out to him. Later I told him I'd eaten 1.5mg of DOC in the morning and been tripping literally all day with him none-the-wiser. He is still confused, but he will learn.
Yeah, this is another reason why I've started covertly tripping regularly: it's a great way to shut people up who think all illegal drugs necessarily impair you at life. If enough really smart and successful people did this and then came out publically about it then I think it'd be a pretty big blow to the credibility of the legal ban on psychedelics.

^^ Amen! I love to see that look on a person's face =D

You better believe that if I become famous/highly successful one day, I'll reveal my psychedelic use at some point. As far as I can tell I'll still be using them.

^ Don't see myself ever stopping either , slowing down might be wise though , more is less and less is more, was demonstrated quite well recently!

the worst is when you're tripping, and everyones getting a contact high
but you don't wanna say anything :D

Xorkoth said:
I have taken low to moderate doses and spent the day hanging out with friends and/or my fiance on numerous occasions. They all know I trip, but I see no reason to bring it up unless they ask. A lot of the times, when people know you're on a psychedelic, they start to treat you differently, or they start to ask you how you feel, what you're seeing, etc, etc.

Mostly, I do it because I enjoy being in such states without anyone knowing, so I can observe them and see how my energy is affecting them. In this way, I've noticed that I've given people contact highs almost every time.

Yeah, this has been my experience also.

i'm impatient, and a couple of times i'd had hits for more than a couple days and the people who would do it with me didn't want to at that time of the week, so i'd pop em. i remember i was at a friends house party, chillin, laying on my back, hearing this girls words over and over, spiralling in my head, becoming the most profound thing i've ever heard and eventually losing all meaning...

i'm pretty laid back and i don't worry about having bad trips, but it'd be nice to have someone to talk to about that other dimension you're in when tripping. it can be nice to have it be your little secret, though.

untaMe said:
the worst is when you're tripping, and everyones getting a contact high
but you don't wanna say anything :D

That's the worst for you? That's the best for me! I love subtly fucking around with my friends when they're wondering why that one bowl we smoked is making them feel like they took a psychedelic =D