• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tripping without telling anyone / Tripping in secret

oops my bad but my statement is still true. Anywhere you go on planet earth money talks and will bring you almost any thing your heart desires short of true love and respect.

I once hung out with some friends whilst tripping on four hits.
I didn't tell them until my trip was over because I didn't want them to worry.
We had great conversation and I entertained the hell out em.

I don't think I could do what you are doing. It'd feel like I was hiding something from my friends and family and that feels dishonest to me. I wouldn't always voluntarily tell someone I'm tripping if it's a low and comfortable dose, but if they ask I will give them an honest answer.

Also I have to ask, you mention that your friends and your spouse have never tripped, what's their position on it? Do they think it's evil? Are they curious? Have you discussed it with them at all?

I have taken low to moderate doses and spent the day hanging out with friends and/or my fiance on numerous occasions. They all know I trip, but I see no reason to bring it up unless they ask. A lot of the times, when people know you're on a psychedelic, they start to treat you differently, or they start to ask you how you feel, what you're seeing, etc, etc.

Mostly, I do it because I enjoy being in such states without anyone knowing, so I can observe them and see how my energy is affecting them. In this way, I've noticed that I've given people contact highs almost every time.

Useful to note is that I never would have done this before I had a lot of experience tripping. When I take a low to moderate dosage of most psychedelics these days, I'm able to operate pretty normally.

I wouldn't like to trip with people who I wouldn't want to know I was tripping.

The only exception would be if we were somewhere we wouldn't be able to really socialize directly - like a concert, movie, etc.

I have tried to hide my drug use from people at times and it either ends up being suspected - thus making for an uncomfortable vibe, or I work so hard at playing it down that I don't get to enjoy it. Either way, it's a waste of good drugs.

scheduling can be a problem if
married
kids &
the only driver in the family...

some days are ideal, and with nobody checking
a little lucy is a fine idea,
why bother anyone with excess useless information unless
they need a drive, and I can't or won't or shouldn't,

so some times it slips through,
undetected (bonus, no explanation or confusion) and sometimes it is revealed.
due to others being accustomed to accessing the driver etc.,
I prefer not to externalize the decision/permission aspect of "free" time.
outside of the family, among friends, generally it is not necessary to discuss, especially if others are into wine...

occasionally I am asked, "are you stoned" and usually I am not. it's a bit weird, but maybe weird for the people too.

I share a similar conundrum. My s/o of three years now refuses to accept my drug use in any way, and she really has good reason. I have had a love affair with cocaine and various opiates, and already spent my time in a rehabilitation facility that was hard enough for the both of us. She is currently still in school, well on her way to becoming the attorney she has dreamed of being since she was a little girl. If I were to ever be caught using drugs again by the public in the future, her career could be compromised. I really only use psychedelic drugs anymore, with the occasional oxycodone use as it acts as an anti-depressant for me.

She is completely against drug use. She only drinks once every few months, and only at home usually wine. She doesn't even truly agree with alcohol use.

So I guess behind the verbose post, my simple answer is yes, I do occasionally have to trip without telling her. It's incredibly difficult to keep something from her, but she will not understand, regardless of how adamant I am about it.

I guess that's just the way the cookie crumbles. *shrugs*

No - that's a good way to have a really bad one (guilt & secrecy have no place in psychedelic use when it comes to partners etc)

I do it all the time. I love the different perspective on those around me and their actions and behaviors.

Last edited:
haha, andybricks you are the man. No hippie bullshit in your posts. I totally agree mate, some people just do not need to know. The world looks at you differently when you are using drugs.

from time to time i trip by myself, i find it to be meditative and theraputic, however i usually prefer to trip with a small group of friends. as for telling people, some people know, some dont, for most people, what i do is none of their buisiness so i dont volunteer information, but i wouldnt lie if asked directly.

i am open with my drug use to everyone.
But i do like to trip alone sometimes, and sometimes i like to trip and go hang out with my friends and see if they notice if i am tripping or not. It can be a fun game.

ironically,
My friends always ask me "what i am on" or "if i am tripping" when i am sober.
And when i am frying they have no clue, until i telll them.

LOL, sometimes psychedelics make me feel and act more sane on them than withoutthem

There is a guy on the erowid experience vault called tripping at werk or something. He's dosed pretty high on some drugs while at work. Pretty funny.

I consider myself good at playing it cool. Playing it cool is mostly just a matter of confidence.

I've done 2c-b a bunch of times at fairly high doses and played it cool around friends, but I fucking hate doing it. I can't understand people who bake and then go to school etc. weed/alcohol/psychedelics make fun things more fun, and boring things more boring. Thus school and drugs doesn't mix well (for me anyways).

andybricks said:
how about you man why do you take psychedelics?
I take psychedelics because I truely believe they bring me closer to god. or rather "it".

I dosed on a hit of LSD years ago when I was about 19 (I'm 34 now), for only about the 3rd time, and as soon as I started tripping, my Mom came home(she wasn't expected for a while) and wanted to have a serious talk with me.

I forget what it was about, but it was soooo hard to stay with it.

Another funny one where I got into a bit of difficulty:

a little over a year ago the wife and I were buying a new house. Well, she's the one who is better at those type of things, so I basically signed papers and didn't understand the whole process.
Anyway, my aunt is our realtor.

I dosed on 1.5 hits of not-so-strong white blotter, thinking I had the day alone, with no distractions.

My aunt called and wanted to stop by to get my signature on a couple of documents. I couldn't say no, and I thought it would ony be a few minutes.
Well, she came in with a stack of papers, and proceeded to talk to me about all this important stuff that I would have had trouble grasping straight.

She was there for over an HOUR!!!

She was talking to me about contracts, termite inspections, and who knows what else?!

She could've told me anything, I didn't have a clue, except to sign on the line and nod my head. By the time she left my pupils were huge. I'm sure she didn't have a clue(I'm positive she's never tripped), but man was it hard to stay composed!

Not exactly tripping without telling, but sort of.........

StagnantReaction said:
If no one asks, why bring it up?

This is exactly my philosophy. It's actually very interesting to interact with people while tripping without their knowledge of my intoxication. Hell, I even went out to lunch with my mom when I was on DOI...but things got rough when I forgot how to eat.