• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Tramadol and Suboxone

tell them the truth

Guys please take some time and visit this site:

http://www.drugs.com/forum/general/long-way-meth-sub-57516.html

I have been proclaimed as a witch, saying you can use tramadol before suboxone. I kept telling them about this site, but it seems, very interesting, all are like brainwashed.

With help of morphin and trams I got to sub in 10 days and they are laughing at me. You must suffer 3 day to reach COW 26 bla bla....that s all .... and I am really mad at their arrogance, as you can see. please help people to hear the true!<3

I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE YOU GUYS WHO HAVE TIME, TO GIVE SOME COMMENTS.

HUGS MARRASA

I took Suboxone and Tramadol together and got a headache along with pains in my neck that were so unbearable I could barely see straight. However, I had just gotten out of the hospital from a bout with Sepsis (blood infection) and on a lot of antibiotics, so it could have been the antibiotic mixture too that made my head almost pound off my head.

ive taken 4mg suboxone about 3-4 hours ago...i have work in 2 hours...i have back pain while at work..i have 50mg regular release tramadol..i was wondering if i can take about 100-150mg of tramadol before work without seziureing or nething crazy.(note:ive taken many tramadol b4)

i had a 24mg day habit to bupe, also 240mg morphine day habit after i got off bupe, oddly when im really in WD bad, 200-400mg tramadol kills withdrawl completely considering its weak

you can take tramadol after bupe, but not the other way around.

How long after taking Tramadol do I have to wait before I can take Suboxone?

I've only been taking Tramadol for 2 days; the 50 mg pills and no more than a combined 300mg a day.

tramadol tends to build up in your system, I would say at least double the half-life, so like 16 hours.

Don't blame me if you go into precipitated wd though.

If you have kept constant levels of suboxone in your blood with the tramadol on top of that, you can probably take suboxone whenever, otherwise, I would be careful, although I doubt the precip WD would be bad from such a mild opiate. I know some people on here have had bad experiences with it though.

tramadol tends to build up in your system, I would say at least double the half-life, so like 16 hours.

Don't blame me if you go into precipitated wd though.

If you have kept constant levels of suboxone in your blood with the tramadol on top of that, you can probably take suboxone whenever, otherwise, I would be careful, although I doubt the precip WD would be bad from such a mild opiate. I know some people on here have had bad experiences with it though.

Yeah I've been using Subs for over three years now. I've experienced the Precipitated withdrawal first from taking it too early when I was on 80mg of methadone and the doc told me I only had to wait 24 hours (this was the worst) and I've experienced it two other times from a heroin relapse when I decided to iv sub.

I gave up the switching back and forth about two years ago and and am now ready to just be done with it all.

So your guess is probably around the 16-24 hour mark with tramadol? Even if I've only been off of my very low sub dose (.04) for about 3 days?

I guess my question is if you have3 only been using tramadol lately, why don't you just CT, because it seems to me that tramadol is much easier to stop than suboxone.

I guess that's up to you though.

I would guess around 16 hours, 24 if you want to be sure. I have waited as few as 12 hours after doing several different types of opiates and not had P WD - alot if it is knowing how you feel and not taking the sub until you know you are well into wd's.

Oscar I thought you were trying to get off of subs with the help of tramadol?!? Why are u now wanting to get back on suboxone??? Anyways to answer ur question as I have been there myself... YES YOU CAN TAKE SUBOXONE RIGHT AFTER TAKING TRAMADOL AND EXPERIENCE NOOOO WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS WHAT SO EVER!!!!! IN fact you can take tram and sub together for an even better high... But honestly try to get off the 0.5mg dose of suboxone a day with the help of tramadol... thats what i did.. it worked and its the ONLY thing that worked....

Oscar I thought you were trying to get off of subs with the help of tramadol?!? Why are u now wanting to get back on suboxone??? Anyways to answer ur question as I have been there myself... YES YOU CAN TAKE SUBOXONE RIGHT AFTER TAKING TRAMADOL AND EXPERIENCE NOOOO WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS WHAT SO EVER!!!!! IN fact you can take tram and sub together for an even better high... But honestly try to get off the 0.5mg dose of suboxone a day with the help of tramadol... thats what i did.. it worked and its the ONLY thing that worked....

Yeah i've been off of the sub for 6 days now. Been taking Tramadol and it's been stopping the withdrawal symptoms I was having down at my .04 dose (went from 6mg to .04 in about a month and a half). Just so people know, I was on less than .05... I was taking the new Suboxone strips, not the pills. The strips a lot easier to cut into smaller doses than the pills are. I was cutting an 8mg into 20 pieces.

I'm about to run out of Tramadol (which is good, don't want another addiction) So we'll see how difficult it will be now.

Hoping that most of the sub is out of my system and that I can transition through with only mild withdrawal now.

The reason why I asked about Tramadol back to Sub is that I was a little nervous about the whole thing. I've been on sub for well over 3 years and I think I was just having anxiety and fears about being off of it. That has all passed; I'm ready to just go through with this and be clean.

Edit: By the way, thank you for all the helpful responses in this thread and the other. You guys are awesome.

Last edited:
I just wanted to input my experience with Tramadol and Suboxone. I recommend trying it to people with some experience with opiates but not ridiculous. If you're even doing 4 bags or an 80 or 2 daily I doubt you will feel anything.. depending on how long your streak of using is. Anybody with low tolerance will enjoy this every time(IF they get the suboxone dosage right.. the stuff is amazing but dose is crucial.)

I consider myself a veteran of opiates having used them over the course of the last 8 years almost daily with the exception of a few years of abstaining from them on and off. Recently Heroin has been the choice Opiate, only dabbling in it using a bag daily.(I've had 8 months clean prior to using this bullshit again, and I say bullshit because opiates have ruined a lot of things in my life)

ANYWAYS.. I weigh 180lbs and am 6"4. Dose was 2mg Suboxone Intranasally and 300mg of Tramadol. I consumed the 300mg of tramadol and then snorted the suboxone.

To say the least it was amazing. For having done so many different opiates over the years and in varying high dosages... I was seriously impressed. The synergy between the two and the euphoria rivaled that of doing OC. My mood was lifted and I just felt optimistic about life and everything that was happening. No depression, anxiety or any bad thoughts. Initially I was kind of worried that 2mg of suboxone wasn't going to cut it but I've found low dose suboxone(2-4mg) is much more euphoric and enjoyable than anything higher.
It was constant and seemed to only get better over time. I even was nodding at the latter end of the night. I smoked a few bong hits of some good bud over the course of the evening and that was a HUGE plus. To me no other substances can beat the combination of opiates and marijuana.

The ONLY thing that was bad about this little combo was after about 2 hours or so.. I started to really feel a little sketched out. My heart started beating fast and heart.. definitely had some palpitations. After that my chest started aching.. bad.. and I started feeling a little bit dizzy.. I felt like my muscles were tensing up.. intensely. Wasn't anything real out of hand but definitely scared me a bit. I wasn't sure if I was about to have a seizure or what. I think I might have just been being paranoid from the marijuana I'd smoked. Idk though.. overall It was a 9/10 experience and I really was surprised and pleased with the results of this combination. Definitely will be doing that again in the future.

Being able to abstain and control opiate use is just plain healthy and awesome. Save myself some money.. Feel good about the fact I can now control it.. and the kicker is.. you can get extraordinarily high from next to nothing. Instead of being a necessity to function its an enjoyable treat.=D

Guess someone already said it, but buprenorphine does not block tramadol in any kind of way. Cuz it's acting mostly on other receptors than regular opiates do. I use to love tramadol, no other opiate have given me that kind of euphoria that tram did. Now days I don't feel much from tram, juz get a bit speedy feeling, but no sense of well being at all. I'm using Sub daily, but even before I started doing sub daily I didn't get anything from tram.

Not sure why, it have nothing to do with tolerance, I know that for sure. Maybe the liver at some point getting trouble converting tramadol to the right metabolites or something. Cuz the sense of well being you get on tram is bcuz of its acting on the seretonine receptors, and bupe does'nt act on them for sure.

Would love to switch back to tram..:/

suboxen and ultram drug test?

will ultram show up if i am drug tested for being in a suboxen program?

^We do not allow drug testing questions on bluelight. Your answers can easily be found using google.

^^lol.....USE YOUR SEARCH ENGINE!!!!!

GEESH!!!

i just took alot of trams all day and took an 8mg suboxone and i feel weird after an hour...but not bad....suboxone don't block tramadol...

Last edited:
you can take tramadol after bupe, but not the other way around.

it can be taken before or after, it makes no difference. there won't be any precip-wd's.

they're both metabolised by enzyme cyp2d6 so there's a little competition but nothing to throw you into the woes of precip wd. bupe also has a much higher binding affinity than tramadol and it's active metabolite M1.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am all in agreement with the post about the vision probs. Ultram gives me serious pinned pupils and I cannot read well while on it.
However, I am running low on my Suboxone. I usually take 2mg daily more or less, (which I cannot seem to get off of for the life of me, it has been years, anyway) but I will only have 8mg to hold me 7 days....so would I be better off taking my normal suboxone dose, then using the ultram? OR would I be better off taking a low dose of Suboxone and using ultram with it all week?
I think I will probably end up calling my GP and telling them I took more than I should have and that I need more. They are usually ok with that because I have never had a bad urine.
But I hate to do that.
So opinons?