• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Too intelligent to exist?

@December Flower Why you think I look anyone down?
ALSO: <quote>"It's energy-management. If you were truly smart, you would use yourself to be a servant of those around you,
since your brain is able to crack things theirs might be unable to."</quote>

Wat is dis shite? Do you know what I do or do not do? Anyway, why would a smart person spend _his_ resources onto others?
I do this, I'm like a slave to the world without own life, but I feel it's pretty "stupid" behavior, wish I were a psychopath.
I could start looking for sex slaves and enjoy my life without any regard for others or their well-being.
That's what I'd wish to be. But I'm not. I'm too good a guy in this world, as was already said earlier.
SvbUVqRLV70Uicd1BGHspRrMYpvPruA0QQL9XObLPr4.jpg

@December Flower read my post you quoted again, I edited it to have a point in the end

Where you get tihs view, like really, that I despise others, that I'm an asshole in real life, that I don't do nothing for others? You make lil ruff conclusions....
I might be even better person than you are. Who knows? I have (accidentally) killed only a few, but always tried to minimize suffer.
If you were here, I'd ask do you want coffee - isnt this the word I dont remember right now after-stroke?

@Nurse Ratched You are cute. :) Nice. I made you calculate?

Last edited:
I wonder if the OP is mistaking aspects of cognition speed and learning style in other people for intelligence. This is actually quite common.

The means and speed by which people load information to their brains and process it is not the same thing as intelligence - though there are partial correlations and a lot of different theories.

Basically, different people acquire different (new) information better through different routes: for example auditory input (having something explained to you like in a lecture), visual input (reading a textbook), or kinesthetically (by actually doing something physically yourself). Then, within each type of preferred learning style/information acquisition method different people process at different speeds due to brain architecture involving things like space between neurons, thickness of myelin coating of neurons, and number and efficiency of neurochemical pathways/systems. Very important is the way these things impact different types of memory allowing people to make inferences by relating information in working memory (eg something they just read, heard, or experienced) with knowledge retained already in long term memory. People therefore form the same conclusions from the same information but at different rates.

So, since I can speed read pretty effectively and my preferred learning style is visual (reading and data visualisations like graphs and charts) I find I grasp stuff the instant a presenter puts up a slide with a few bullet points and a graph without needing the longer verbal elaboration or explanation that someone who relies more on auditory input. This used to make me very frustrated because I was inpatient to get the next bit of information and eventually I quit going to talks and lectures because it was more efficient to just spend 15 minutes reading than an hour listening for the same result.

On the other hand I am usually fucking hopeless at learning new techniques to manipulate physical objects - like playing an instrument or assembling/dissembling complicated machinery. I can read a manual and follow the steps 1 by 1. But the next time I’ll need the manual again. And again the tine after that. Because doing stuff physically doesn’t really seem to embed new knowledge in my brain. It’s even worse when someone is trying to verbally instruct me to repair or test something. They end up thinking I’m retarded.

Bottom line: don’t mistake intelligence for speed of processing. Some people who spend a lot of time processing information will end up forming deeper and more robust conclusions in the long run.

I wonder if the OP is mistaking aspects of cognition speed and learning style in other people for intelligence. This is actually quite common.

The means and speed by which people load information to their brains and process it is not the same thing as intelligence - though there are partial correlations and a lot of different theories.

Basically, different people acquire different (new) information better through different routes: for example auditory input (having something explained to you like in a lecture), visual input (reading a textbook), or kinesthetically (by actually doing something physically yourself). Then, within each type of preferred learning style/information acquisition method different people process at different speeds due to brain architecture involving things like space between neurons, thickness of myelin coating of neurons, and number and efficiency of neurochemical pathways/systems. Very important is the way these things impact different types of memory allowing people to make inferences by relating information in working memory (eg something they just read, heard, or experienced) with knowledge retained already in long term memory. People therefore form the same conclusions from the same information but at different rates.

So, since I can speed read pretty effectively and my preferred learning style is visual (reading and data visualisations like graphs and charts) I find I grasp stuff the instant a presenter puts up a slide with a few bullet points and a graph without needing the longer verbal elaboration or explanation that someone who relies more on auditory input. This used to make me very frustrated because I was inpatient to get the next bit of information and eventually I quit going to talks and lectures because it was more efficient to just spend 15 minutes reading than an hour listening for the same result.

On the other hand I am usually fucking hopeless at learning new techniques to manipulate physical objects - like playing an instrument or assembling/dissembling complicated machinery. I can read a manual and follow the steps 1 by 1. But the next time I’ll need the manual again. And again the tine after that. Because doing stuff physically doesn’t really seem to embed new knowledge in my brain. It’s even worse when someone is trying to verbally instruct me to repair or test something. They end up thinking I’m retarded.

Bottom line: don’t mistake intelligence for speed of processing. Some people who spend a lot of time processing information will end up forming deeper and more robust conclusions in the long run.
Yeah, it's a bit of a red flag for life experience.
When I was younger I was fucking full of my ability to memorize and to copy behaviour. Didn't understand behaviour much, so I sort of made a crochet out of other people's behaviours to help me fit

The more you travel, the more people you meet, languages and landscapes you experience, the more you realize how insignificant this so called "intellect" really is. There's so much more than intellect out there

BTW: I have heard mixed info of Mensa intelligence test - Do you get exact value from the real test, and is it two-part?
My local Mensa has 40-queston www test, and it gives "135 or more" (gave; SD 16 most likely) with 40/40. Dunno if english and other language Mensa has any www test?
Anyway, if they do or you otherwise can comment, does it have what kind of 'correlation' to the real test on the upper scale? How many questions the real one has?
Can't really accurately measure IQ with some online test.
There are a number of different IQ tests available and it gives like a 95% confidence interval for your IQ. Mensa probably has their own one.

They're not too accurate in general, I did two in my life, first one I had like a 35 point difference between verbal and performance part, second one had no real difference, although the full scale results were very close, 15 years between both tests.

As for your other posts, get over yourself man =D =D

Can't really accurately measure IQ with some online test.
There are a number of different IQ tests available and it gives like a 95% confidence interval for your IQ. Mensa probably has their own one.

They're not too accurate in general, I did two in my life, first one I had like a 35 point difference between verbal and performance part, second one had no real difference, although the full scale results were very close, 15 years between both tests.

As for your other posts, get over yourself man =D =D
Good point. There is data that shows people with Asperger’s often do extremely well on computerised intelligence tests but very poorly on paper and pencil tests even when those tests are actually assessing the same cognitive abilities.

Good point. There is data that shows people with Asperger’s often do extremely well on computerised intelligence tests but very poorly on paper and pencil tests even when those tests are actually assessing the same cognitive abilities.
Can attest to that.
There's something about sitting in a psychologist/neurologist's office, with all the lights and breathing and crooked pictures, fuck that shit.

I don't think intelligence can be accurately measured at all.
Sure SeSiTeTiNeNiFeFi is useful, but it just gives you a certain idea

I don't think intelligence can be accurately measured at all.
Sure SeSiTeTiNeNiFeFi is useful, but it just gives you a certain idea
Agreed, who even cares. I've long realized I'm much more stupid and much poorer at many things than my test scores would indicate.

What do you mean by SeSiTeTiNeNiFeFi? I'm not following.. hah

Agreed, who even cares. I've long realized I'm much more stupid and much poorer at many things than my test scores would indicate.

What do you mean by SeSiTeTiNeNiFeFi? I'm not following.. hah
Ikr. I speak 6 languages, 4 of them fluently, and Latin, and sometimes I run into doors, or lamps, or fuck pretty much anything. Concentrate on chewing gum and fall down while walking :ROFLMAO:

Oh that's a way to remember the 8 cognitive functions,
so all you need is STNF.
Extroverted Sensing
Introverted Sensing
Ex.. Thinking
In.. Thinking
Ex.. Intuition
In..Intuition
Ex..Feeling
In..Feeling

edit: Need that for work all the time, if anyone asked
have to assess cognitive functions and their development for each patient, daily

Ikr. I speak 6 languages, 4 of them fluently, and Latin, and sometimes I run into doors, or lamps, or fuck pretty much anything. Concentrate on chewing gum and fall down while walking :ROFLMAO:

Oh that's a way to remember the 8 cognitive functions,
so all you need is STNF.
Extroverted Sensing
Introverted Sensing
Ex.. Thinking
In.. Thinking
Ex.. Intuition
In..Intuition
Ex..Feeling
In..Feeling

edit: Need that for work all the time, if anyone asked
have to assess cognitive functions and their development for each patient, daily
You speak Latin huh? Not church Latin, real old school "de bello gallico" Latin? Nice :)
I would've gone for STIF myself but I digress.

I know very well what intelligence is besides clock speed and bandwith. This abstraction machine, logical unit, and the CPU in the braintogether constitutes the intellignece. I can find the correct solution based on massive amounts of complex information very quickly, and it's not that I'm that fast to calculate.

December dude clearly is no math dude, and I'm no language dude. Though, I have made all these typos lately (today) intentionally. Yeah, now you see? Normies or even burgers can't understand the great mind within, nor the reasons behind my conduct.
Flower.... if you were to be a girl, I think we started this wrongly. I'm actually a nice dude. :)))P

You speak Latin huh? Not church Latin, real old school "de bello gallico" Latin? Nice :)
I would've gone for STIF myself but I digress.
I did a few years Latin (and Ancient Greek) at school but was really bad at it. I think because of the way they taught it by just making you memorise declensions. I’ve always regretted not becoming proficient at it and being able to read Ancient History as well as ancient myths, legends, and literature in the original and told myself that when I hit retirements age and am too old and feeble for drugs and orgies I’d go back to study Latin as a hobby. Unfortunately, it’s almost impossible to find a teacher or course anymore.

I know very well what intelligence is besides clock speed and bandwith. This abstraction machine, logical unit, and the CPU in the braintogether constitutes the intellignece. I can find the correct solution based on massive amounts of complex information very quickly, and it's not that I'm that fast to calculate.

December dude clearly is no math dude, and I'm no language dude. Though, I have made all these typos lately (today) intentionally. Yeah, now you see? Normies or even burgers can't understand the great mind within, nor the reasons behind my conduct.
Flower.... if you were to be a girl, I think we started this wrongly. I'm actually a nice dude. :)))P
B plus on this one. There is a d between the i and the t in bandwidth. The e and the n are transposed in intelligence. But other than that I am impressed.

Oh wait...you forgot the space between brain and together. :geek:

And please know that I am being a smart ass and just jiving you. Just having a bit of fun on BL today.

I did a few years Latin (and Ancient Greek) at school but was really bad at it. I think because of the way they taught it by just making you memorise declensions. I’ve always regretted not becoming proficient at it and being able to read Ancient History as well as ancient myths, legends, and literature in the original and told myself that when I hit retirements age and am too old and feeble for drugs and orgies I’d go back to study Latin as a hobby. Unfortunately, it’s almost impossible to find a teacher or course anymore.
Nice to know there is another boomer in here.

I did both Latin and Greek as well, I was beyond awful at Greek, I couldn't remember the vocabulary for the life of me. It's a miracle they even let me continue.
Many years later I found out that was due to ADHD...

“Awakening” is to me, partially about accepting that the more we know the less we know. Once you think you’ve got something figured out completely, usually means you’re the farthest from the truth.

-GC
this creates a paradox wherein the truth is forever elusive! we continually chase it round in circles like a dog goes after its own tail and yet the pursuit self inhibits, how ironic

this creates a paradox wherein the truth is forever elusive! we continually chase it round in circles like a dog goes after its own tail and yet the pursuit self inhibits, how ironic
It’s true though that people demonstrating intellectual humility are very often the most intelligent (and most pleasant) people in the room. The shouty over-confident know-it-alls tend to turn out less capable than they claim in the long game. At least where I work.

SRSLY, languages? Who cares? Why you waste your limited resources on something as redundant as extra(neous) languages, when you could spend that time fucking (DM me for sex slaves!) and/or studying math?
PS. I'm equally INTP and INFP, I'm perfect example of INTP yet I have (or used to have - years of depression and purposeful neurological damage killed it) all the Feeling stuff too. I used to feel very much.

I'm 100% INTP and 100% INFP. I'm pretty complex and bipolar (not in medical sense) person - I'm also 100% good, yet there's the 100% bad in me. I usually try to be 85% good and live the bad dark side of me mostly in my imagination.
Sometimes 15% of my darkness spills out..... Horrbile things may happen. Glowie, don't tell anyone...

Last edited: