• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

The worst opiate/opiod to withdraw from? [New poll options added 1-22-08]

The worst opiate/opiod to withdraw from? (New Poll Options)

• Methadone

Votes: 325 27.1%
  • Heroin

Votes: 278 23.2%
  • Oxycodone

Votes: 198 16.5%
  • Hydrocodone

Votes: 54 4.5%
  • Fentanyl

Votes: 83 6.9%
  • Buprenorphine

Votes: 43 3.6%
  • Morphine

Votes: 51 4.3%
  • Others - If so please specify

Votes: 85 7.1%
  • Hydromorphone

Votes: 21 1.8%
  • Poppy Pods

Votes: 47 3.9%
  • Oxymorphone

Votes: 14 1.2%

• Total voters
Carl Landrover said:
^
I'll second that. Anyone who ever went cold turkey, especially after a long habit, got to give them major credit. Just get completely physically and mentally attacked. :( I only went through about about a day of WD's before I used suboxone :) so I never got them too bad, but I remember throwing up quite a bit when I was in the hospital WDing.

I remember reading a story on here about someone WDing while in prison one time, maybe written by blahblah?, that must be one of the worst experiences in the world.

i had to wd from a 7 month H smoking habit in jail...worst fucking time in my life..everything's cold and made of steel and it smells like paper. It only lasted about 3 days...but even after that, sleeping was outrageously difficult.

I was in a bad car accident in the fall, and am a week into withdrawl from my painkillers (Vicodin, Percoset, Oxycontin). I was railing about 2-3 oxy's a day and taking at least four of the others a day when I decided I wanted to stop. I thought the withdrawl would be worse but its still no picnic.

Really all of my opiate use has been oxys, percs, vics, etc. Then there is the occasional heroin, and I say occasional because I never ever will let it become something I do on any type of basis. I wont go to the city by myself, and the only people I will go with I rarely see, so it works out well for me. And sometimes even when offered to go, or for them to grab something for me, I can easily say no or just don't answer the phone (which I did this past morning).

A short lived morphine addiction, totaling to about 150mg per day for only about 2 months (started with 100mg/day). I got sick all the time on the drug (puked a lot), and I ended up kicking the habit simply because of how sick it was making me while I was high. Yes the mild withdrawls sucked, especially since withdrawls always enduce bad anxiety in me, which in turn, effects my insomnia even more.

Now I am battling a 2month~approx. addiction to opiates, but now I am taking whatever I can each day, sometimes I go a day or two without taking anything but then I lose it because I am shaking so much and feel like I need something.

I have quickly grown my tolerance up in a short amount of time, not so good... I am hoping I just get sick of this shit soon, it's also a very pricy habit, since I wont do heroin all the time, I have to pay for things like oxycontin, percocets, and vicodins, which are much more expensive. I'm going to go with this being the worst I've ever felt from withdrawls, and I can't even explain the anxiety this now brings me if I do not have my drugs. It sucks, but I'm living fine with it right now and I'm still at the beginner stage where I can turn this around if I try hard enough.

I had worse WD on oxy than heroin and methadone. Suprisingly methadone was not bad at all. I just couldnt sleep, but no vomiting, muscle aches or anything like oxy or heroin.

when i withdrawld of oxy's i didn't find that bad. the only thing i found worst was the shakes and sweas and chills. took me 6 detox's and three rehab's to get of heroin. been clean for 2yrs and i wouldn't go back.

i have withdrawn from hydrocodone, oxycodone, and hydromorphone. oxycodone was the worst... crazy insomnia, diarrhea.

Does anyone ever use Kratom to help with WDs?

I have had WDs from Hydrocodone use. Not nearly as bad as what I see people getting from oxy or H. but they were bad enough for me to see that I did not want to become addicted to anything like oxy or H. lots of bone pain and skin pain, coldness, twitching. But not screaming and puking.

Sounds like hydrocodone might be helpful to use for people addicted to H or oxy, use hydro and taper down using weaker opiates. I dunno though...

I couldn't imagine having H or oxy WDs in prison.. I wouldn't be able to handle it. I truly feel for you guys that have had to suffer like that.

there are a few threads on this if you search, however in my experience it takes the pain away only moderately.

When I was in detox and rehab some woman came in to detox from a pretty heavy hydromorphone habit... She was hurting so bad, crying, shaking... I was gonna try to cheek some of my methadone because the nurses werent doing shit for her, she was such a wreck it made me cry...

At least in my experience, Methadone was really hard for me. I was recreationally dancing with the 'Done daily for about 3 months (10-30mg daily) and tried tapering but caved in thinking I would be able to get more... wrong. Hook up went AWOL on crack supposedly in the city.

I remember I took 10mg on a Tuesday (again, I thought I would be able to hook more) and it wasn't until Friday at like 3:00am I woke up in complete agony. Not that this is recommended, but, at the time my girlfriend was using methamphetamine daily, and she gave me some which helped in the fact that time was passing by faster, but after not sleeping, being in WD's, AND the old tooters, it was a bad mix. Methadone WD's suck because of how long it is drawn out, basically, though not as intense as OC WD initially.

Hydro WD was essentially major lethargy for me, and after Methadone was much easier, still not fun though by any means. Morphine WD's seem to potentiate the most allergic-type symptoms in me, and as would be expected, contain alot of joint/crazy let/etc. jive.

Enough of my babble - as the old saying goes, your mileage may vary as this is simply my own experiences.

Cheers - Hoss

There was some junky on the bus this morning - city bus. nodding off, bent over, looking like he was dying. He looked rough. I have never seen anyone more clearly on H. he wasn't even leaning against a window, just bent over like he was picking something off the floor of the bus.

I have really been wanting to obtain stronger opiods, but now I think I better just quit it all...

out of all the ones i have WD'd from, im gonna have to go with methadone just for the fact it lasts so long. heroin and oxy suck but they are manageable with the right meds. methadone WD just goes on and on and on.

i do think oxy WD is worse than heroin WD. it seems like it is more physically painful.

The worst opiate/ opiod to withdraw from

The worst is methadone comparing it to h itself, the withdrawal length was double in my experience the methadone seem to be more terrible in withdrawal symtoms its was severe all together i was sick for one whole month and the second was the end bit of it where i would get the occasional cold/hot chills this was coming off 45mgs of methadone suppose it would be less it i was to get off at a lower dose but either the less h was much easier to withdrawl from compared to methadone in my opion no matter how big my habbit would be its still two weeks max to get off the rest is just mental mainly just the first 3-4 days are worst the next 5 days are much better then its the matter of getting my appetite n strength back. With methadone it was 1week of feeling the lowest i was basically cripple couldnt do anything then the 2nd week was abit better but it lasted for a whole month of feeling the withdrawal symtoms and the 2nd months was just cold chills, back pain which eventually went away but it was hell n back! just go cold of h i recomend with the right detox program and support.

ClubbinGuido said:
When I was in detox and rehab some woman came in to detox from a pretty heavy hydromorphone habit... She was hurting so bad, crying, shaking... I was gonna try to cheek some of my methadone because the nurses werent doing shit for her, she was such a wreck it made me cry...

Man, me and your mother met in rehab when I kissed her and passed her some done is one hell of a story to tell the kids.

You missed a hell of a chance ;)

paradoxcycle said:
Originally posted by Angelus
poppy tea produces the worst w/d from my own experience.

In comparison to....?

I know this is so old, but I think I can answer your question.
Compared to other opioids. I mean___

Paradox waas most likely maybe trying to infer that this user might be inexperienced

fentanyl wd's for me were the most physically painful (My bones hurt,my back felt like I just got trampled) from doing 8.6mg per day. Breathing hurt, blinking hurt, my hair hurt.

OC's wd's are just insanely ungodly awful, I live in fear of them now so I keep feeding my addiction. OC's by far take the cake, you cant get comfy, I sweat enough ice to soak a bed, i pace, im completely restless, godawful.

Methadone 1 place 2years horrible
heroin 2 place 3-5 years bad bad bad
but there are good soploments for H like subutex!!! revia.....
but thats if you realy wonna quit

You know, although Heroin and oxy were really painful to kick, at least I severed my tie with the only connect I had, so that made the psychological part easier.

With codeine, the w/d is surprisingly debilitating as well (not as much as H or Oxy, but still bad), but the problem is that it is everywhere here OTC and cheap as dirt...