Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television The Wire

I have heard that this past season was the last one. Plz someone tell me this is not true. Great season finale, but the story can't end there.

They should at least make a double episode or miniseries or something that brings the plot to a close.

i dont think that this was the last one. I thought I remembered reading that they had another season left. The way they wrapped this one up leads me to believe that there will also be a next season. Do you guys think that Randy will survive the group home? and what do you think of the omar situation with fat joe and marlo? I am excited to see where they take that.

There will be another season which is supposed to be the last and it should be good. I think it's going to be revolve around media, police investigations and bringing down Marlo's crew. Joe and Omar made a deal without telling Marlo. The Greeks are on Joe's side.

Shouldn't Avon be getting out of jail soon?

^ yea one more season, n' avon is gone for good i read an interview wit the actor that he wasnt happy wit them killing off 'D and stringer.

Hell yah, the season finale fucking kicked ass. By far the best show on television, its going to sucks having to wait til 2008 for season 5 and yes there will be a season 5.

I think season 5 is going to revolve around the reunited Major Crimes Unit and bringing down Marlos crew, the whole Co-op in general, and The Greek. Avon may get out of jail but I don't think he'll go back to The Game. Obviously we'll follow the kids stories also. Can't wait

RIP Bodie Broadus, A True Soldier

man i love this show

imput from other comments:
i dont think that randy is going to die, the wires writers have a badass way of showing that somepeople do fucked up shit and get away with it, and some people do good things and get still get fucked over. i think Mr. P is going to get shot though going to the hood spying on his kids "Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttt"

another note i think that micheal is the strongest head and is going to be the next overlord, if the show can go that far. talking about canceling it is retarded. its the best damn show ever made bar none.

i heard they rewrote the script for these characters to go till season 8, god i hope so

dapurpman said:
to me its bigger than baltimore especially season 2 dealin wit the docks and this season dealing with education. i know baltimore has one of the highest murder rates in the nation, but im sure it has its upscale neighborhoods also i think bubs said something like "where in leave it to beaver land are you takin me" when drivin wit mcnaulty. you can relate the shit goin down i the wire to probally any other ghetto/inner city.

yeah definatly it is a metaphore to all cities, but 80% of baltimore is like that to let you know. my block is good, but 2 blocks away is gangs and vacants, then 2 blocks the other way is million dollar condos, its the most rascist city ive ever been to/ lived in .

cornollio said:
i heard they rewrote the script for these characters to go till season 8, god i hope so

actually the writers Ed Burns and David Simon wrote the story to be a 5 season arch so season 5 will be the last and not because its being canceled or anything they are just done telling their story.

As far as Michael becoming Kingpin or the next Marlo or Avon, he is a leader and its really up to him if he live or stays out of jail long enough to become boss. In the last to episodes you can tell Marlo kind of sees that Michael may be a threat to his throne one day, so he may try and make sure that never happens.

for yall wire fiends peep www.allhiphop.com for interviews with the cast, they already got avon, omar, n' snoop. the wire is starting on BET from the start, season 1 eps 1 tonight for all yall that got into the joint late.

TV: HBO: The Wire

I have recently finished watching all 4 seasons of "The Wire" I love this show. I had seen it back in the day, but just finished watching it chronologically. I cant wait for the 5th season, rumor has it, that it is a go for the 5th season. Show is mad real and has some crazy scenes cuz its on HBO. Its about the streets and drugs and shit, madd cool. So how does everyone like this show? comments?

Best TV drama I've seen in years. I hope there's plenty more Omar and maybe a little more Brother Mozoune in season 5.

going to start "buying" this now. if it sucks I blame you. if its good tia.

Wire is one of my favourite TV shows, look out for the HBO mini series "The Corner" too, same actors pretty much with all the cops playing junkies.

One of my favorite shows.

I heard a rumor that Avon Barksdale is going to be getting out of jail in the next season.

the wire is the shit! I haven't seen the show since Stringer got killed tho, because I stopped getting HBO after that.

Is Bubbles the dopefiend still alive? That was my favorite part of the show, when they showed Bubs and that white fiend schemin on people. They should cut out half the cop drama scenes, and put more street level shit in there.

my only beef is that they never showed a big part of the culture in bmore..... I used to see it all the time when I was down there..... people sticking their index finger and middle finger together and they point it to the ground to get a ride. like a weird form of hitchhiking. some people call it "hackin." anyone know what I'm talkin about? can anyone back me up on this?

also, alot of the actors and actresses have fuckin New York accents. white people from bal'mer sound like Ziggy from the docks, and the police chief on the second season. black folks from bal'mer sound like Proposition Joe. get it right people!! goddamn!!

The 5th season is confirmed and already started filming, if I recall right. It'll be the final season and it's based on the media.

youarewhatyouis:
Bubbles is still alive, but went through a lot in the 4th season.

It's difficult to get the accents right, especially since most aren't local. The actors that play McNulty and Carcetti are actually from the UK and Ireland.

On a side note, I've read that the creators and actors are hosting a fund raiser in Baltimore. It'll include auctions that will have props and memorabilia and they'll even auction off an opportunity to be on the show. Pretty cool.

I merged it because I'm hot like thattt.

I hear there's some demand for a 6th season centered around Bmore's booming Hispanic population. I'd be down for that, as long as I get occasional Prop Joe and Avon appearances.

stealthninja012 said:
Hell yah, the season finale fucking kicked ass. By far the best show on television, its going to sucks having to wait til 2008 for season 5 and yes there will be a season 5.

can anyone confirm this date?

^
I searched and couldn't find anything to confirm the date. According to HBO.com, filming of season 5 has started. I'd guess that the earliest we'd have it would be winter of this year, maybe fall depending on how long filming and production takes.