Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television The Wire

Billy Orange

Bluelighter
who else wathces the greatest show on hbo ? site
tonights episode is going to be great, cutty is officialy back in the game, so i hope we get to see cutty pop fruit, for jacking his package, and also avon returns from prison!

I really enjoy this show! Last season I couldn't get into it...this season I am so upset when I miss it!

This show is truly amazing. The entire Port story last year was brilliant.

There was an episode earlier in this season (3) penned by Richard Price I believe it was called, "All Due Respect" or something to that effect. It was the episode where Bunny gave the paper bag speach hence laying the ground work for Hamsterdam.

Some of the best tv (or film for that matter) I have ever seen. Wow....

wow its been a few weeks since i made this post, anyways just caught the episode tonight, only one more left now for season 3, stringer is gone!, that is a major change, can't wait till the finale.

Stringer has had it coming since last season. I just figured it would take longer than Season 3. So Avon gave him up to Brother and Omar. I didn't think they'd both be involved in the revenge, nice twist.

This show has been one of the most consistently entertaining shows I've watched. With Nip/Tuck going south this season, as well as 24 being "blah" this last season and hell even Sopranos has gone downhill since 3rd season...it's nice to see one show I know I'll always enjoy watching.

So will they keep the Amsterdam free zones? I see that weaseley little white politician (Carcetti) actualy supporting it, not condeming it like Bunny asked of him. And that could spell the end of his stint as top man. In addition, McNultey will continue to be a drunken fuck-up outside of work, which is why he's so entertaining.

They'll come back to the storyline w/ The Greek, since Prop Joe and by default Barksdales crew were connected. IF that is who is the first-line supplier into Baltimore THROUGH Prop Joe, they'll have to come back to it. That seems to be the idea, since they're trying to detail every level of the drug trade, in addition to where the money goes (from street level to dealers to supplies to police to politicians, etc). I wish more shows would do this, with one large storyline. So far, they haven't done "to much" and added to many layers to the story, and each season details only a few.

When this ends, I don't know what other show I'll be looking forward to. :(

RIP String

this is the best show on TV now, I've been watching it since its first season.

It wasn't bad. It left us w/ lots of unanswered questions but largely resolved the Stringer/Barksdale question.

This show almost always leaves you with "I NEED MORE SHOWS!" but that keeps you coming back.

I thought the ending montage was good. Paning past the sign that said "Frank Sobtka for Union President" as Omar is throwing guns into the water at the city docks.

They've left us with this feeling that things changed but nothing changed.

What's up with Marlo going to court.. was that supposed to mean that Avon passed the torch?

I think it was sorta adding insult to injury. If Stringer hadn't given Avon up, Barksdales crew probably would have killed Marlo as planned. And yeah, to show that Marlo will be the new head of sales on his side of town.

fuckin marlo is ruthless showin up in court like that, dood looked crazy az hell with those bugged out eye's, best scene was when kima was gettin it on with homegirl sucking on her titty's like no tomorrow =D, who knows if there will be a next season :( with the way that shit ended, fuckin mcnaulty on foot patrol ?

I thought the finale was amazing. And unlike a previous poster, I think they tied up a lot of loose strings...I think you can make a pretty good assumption about the future of all the major characters.

Did anyone else notice the title of the episode? "Mission Accomplished", which I think is brilliant on many levels!

If the show doesn't come back, I would still be completely satisfied with the three seasons.

Maybe they'll work in the Russian organized crime story arc next season. Bringing back the port officer Russel. Yeah, this show should be Schedule IV.

Stringer had to get killed, Avon had to go back to Jail, Johnny had to OD and McNulty had to leave the unit (again). This show is like an extremely well produced violent Soap Opera targetted at a male audience.

its back, time to resurrect this thread, season 4 eps 1 onDemand, by far this is the best show on TV.
NSFW:
the way eps 1 settin shit off this season is gonna be hot! marlos crew already dropped 2 bodies n' the trife life finally caught up wit ol boy fruit.
this looks to be the best season of the wire yet.

Gah!!! I just picked up Season 3 and havent seen it yet....btu i was just about to make a thread about this show....and i saw someone mention Stringer Bell dies at the end....lol oh well....

Anyways....A friend lent me the first 2 seasons of this and im hooked worse than the crackheads to this show....

I fucking love it.....I really love the realism (for a TV show) of how the Cops work i.e politics, the legal process, and how they're not always the 'good guys' and also how the criminals or whatever u wanna call them.....get into the life that they are in...speaking of season 2....I love how they show the port guys go from just lifting unknown cargo vans to random people for a lil side cash....all the way to bigger and deeper things.....I think the writers do such a great job on that....

I also love the fact its on HBO.....so the writers dont have to write in some good moral BS and they can just let the story go....For example....the whole McNulty episode where he gets piss ass drunk and runs his car (repeatedly) into a wall....Its fucking hilarious....but thats some crap they could never pull on an oridinary primetime TV show....Its just the lil things like that that really get me....

HBO Renews, Cancels Low-Rated 'The Wire'
By James Hibberd
With critical acclaim for "The Wire" at a fever pitch, HBO has renewed—and canceled—the gritty Baltimore drama, a network spokeswoman confirmed Tuesday.
Story continues below...

The network has ordered a fifth and final season of the show, the spokeswoman said.

The renewal comes despite an extremely weak debut for the show's fourth season. Sunday's premiere was seen by about 1.5 million viewers, according to Nielsen Media Research. That figure is down from last year's premiere, which was seen by 1.8 million viewers.

Such figures are very low for an HBO drama. This summer's third season premiere of the recently canceled series "Deadwood" was seen by 2.4 million viewers.

But critical response to "The Wire" preview DVDs has been extraordinary, even by HBO standards. Unconventional critics ranging from author Stephen King to comic Patton Oswalt have declared the show the best series on television.

at least they get to wrap it up with a 5th season they way they want n' not just leave shit up in the air like showtime did with huff. being the realest show on tv. the red states wont watch it with blacks in important positions, interracial sex. what they should do is since its hot in the dvd market is make an extra season on dvd =D

sucks its going to end but at least it won't fade in to shit like sopranos. sucks about deadwood too cause that ending was very fucking weird, but i heard deadwood and carnivale are both going to be made into intermittent 2 hour hbo movies to finish the stories.